Forums

Topic: Retro recommendations thread

Posts 681 to 700 of 736

8bitmagnetsco

I recommend the first golden sun(even the second) and also Chrono trigger on DS! All are awesome .

I make really cool 8bit magnets check them out-> Etsy shop (direct link also in my profile)
I also do requests! Let me know what you think!
Currently playing FE revelations, FE: SoV, Tales of Berseria

games-of-death

I’m not sure if this is the right place, but I do suggest to anyone who has a GBA to get Dragon Ball Advance Adventure and Danny Phantom the Ultimate Enemy. There good beat 'em ups for the console.

Edited on by games-of-death

games-of-death

HauntingNostrils

I have one retro recommendation, and always will have, and it's MANIC MINER. Emulate it, get the elite app, buy the gba version, whatever. This was the game that made me start loving games way back in '84.

HauntingNostrils

LuckyLand

I'd like to recommend Wario Ware DIY, the only game that I really loved for the original DS.

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Zuljaras

I recommend to all to play Faxanadu for the NES. This game will blow your mind. It has amazing soundtrack and gameplay.
It is side scroller RPG with semi-open world.

NintendoPete

@Zuljaras
Got a copy as a birthday present a year ago and played it last year - great game and actually quite a long game for a Nes game. But for the last castle I used a map I found on the internet.

NintendoPete

SuperLuigi111

Scooby Doo Night of 100 Frights on the Gamecube. Amazing 3D platformer made with a lot of love and references to Scooby's past.

SuperLuigi111

SuperLuigi111

Wario Land 4. One of the best 2D platformers I've ever played, and has stunning art direction. I have no idea why this series was put on ice.

SuperLuigi111

darkswabber

I’d recommend anyone to play castelvania symphony of the night, it’s by far the best ps1 game I’ve ever played easily topping toy story 2, and it ranks among my 5 favorite games (along with the witcher 3, shovel knight treasure trove, minecraft and zelda minish cap).

For anyone outside of europe I’s recommend either the ps1 greatest hits version or the psp version, anyone in europe I’d recommend just emulating it or the psp version, the ps1 original is quite rare in europe (up to €200 depending on condition, higher if its mint or even sealed) and I don’t think it got a platinum cover rerelease in europe. (I’m lucky enough to own it in mint condition, long story).
From what I heard the saturn version is the worst and isn’t worth the price tag.

I’ve played it on psp, ps1 and on a psp emulator (my psp broke so I had to replace it)

darkswabber

Twitter:

boop22

super castlevania IV is where its at IMO. it has stood the test of time for over 25 years. i genuinely think it has some of the greatest controls and soundtracks of any game ever.

boop22

NibblesP

@SuperLuigi111 Agree such a shame they have stopped the series, same with Adavnce Wars

NibblesP

Fandabidozi

Yay recommendations!

Game & Watch: Marios Cement Factory. My first ever game! Fulfill your dreams of working in a cement factory. You can buy this on the 3DS eShop.

NES: Green Beret (Rush n Attack). Its unlike anything else really. Do you like shanking soldiers? You’ll love this!

SNES: The Chaos Engine (Soldiers of Fortune). Steampunk - Gauntlet style shooter with RPG elements. Such a cool game.

GameBoy: Monster Max. One of the best games on the system. Isometric puzzler/adventure. Had a very limited print run so it’s under the radar.

Edited on by Fandabidozi

NNID: Fandabidozi
3DS Friend Code: 2552-1581-3189
AC Pocket Camp: 1580 9310 141

My Nintendo: Fandabidozi | Nintendo Network ID: Fandabidozi | Twitter:

Filbert_Wang

boop22 wrote:

super castlevania IV is where its at IMO. it has stood the test of time for over 25 years. i genuinely think it has some of the greatest controls and soundtracks of any game ever.

Agree - one of the best games released on the SNES. Still enjoy booting it up and getting my butt kicked by it (always a mark of a good game when you die repeatedly and don't resent it that much!)

Filbert_Wang

Cobalt

@Filbert_Wang

For me Super Castlevania IV is one of the worst Castlevania ever made...

Cobalt

Retr0gamedad

New to the topic, so I decided to recommend a game for each of Nintendo’s main home consoles:
NES-jackal solid multiplayer game
SNES-zombies are my neighbors difficult but oh so fun
N64-any of the AKI wrestling games
GameCube- Beach Spikers a great arcade style multiplayer sports game
Wii- punch out!!! Doesn’t get the love it deserves
Wii U- any of the games they’ve ported to switch. They’re cheaper and on the hardware they were originally intended for

Retr0gamedad

Anti-Matter

Um, guys....
Which should i choose between Retro Duo Portable and Supaboy SFC to play Famicom, SNES / S.Famicom , GBA in Handheld Mode ?

Anti-Matter

Vinny

Any good obscure/weird PS2 titles like Mister Mosquito?

And wow, I'm always impressed by the Fat PS2's size. Absolute unit.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Vinny

@ReaderRagfish Gotta check this one out, then!
I always look for obscure/weird/hidden gems for all the consoles I own. The PS2, Wii and DS seem to have a lot of those.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic