Forums

Topic: Worried About Sony?

Posts 101 to 120 of 245

moomoo

Wait a sec, what's stopping devs from putting otaku games on PSP? There's more owners, the genres aren't really limited by the system's power, it's cheaper to make, and the PSP is still outselling the Vita weekly over in Japan. The only real pro I can see on Vita would be a lack of competition or some certain uses of the touch screens.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

CanisWolfred

@moomoo - nothing. In fact, they are still developing for the PSP.

Bankai wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

The Vita has Falcom, which is the last big boy in Town not supporting the 3DS.

Tecmo Koei hasn't set GUST on the 3DS yet, and Compile Heart isn't working on Nintendo platforms.

One is working on a Vita game, however, and the other is likely to, because the architecture is similar to the PS3, which it is very familiar with.

Also worth noting that aside from a minigame, Grasshopper Manufacturer hasn't touched the 3DS. It has a full game (Sine Mora) on the Vita, and I'd expect more in the future. Goichi Suda's become a bit of a high-end tech nut.

For some reason I thought Gust had a 3DS game coming out. And I didn't think Compile Hearts was actually pulling big numbers.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Bankai

For some reason I thought Gust had a 3DS game coming out. And I didn't think Compile Hearts was actually pulling big numbers.

I haven't seen anything related to a GUST 3DS game. There's actually two Vita games - Atelier Totori and the exclusive, Ciel Surge (I forgot about that one).

Compile Hearts games punch waaaay above their weight. That is a tiny, tiny development team (it's a subsidiary of Idea Factory, which has all of 100 employees across the entire company), and it has three popular franchises in Japan (Record of Agarest War, Hyperdimension Neptunia and Mugen Souls).

The Idea Factory group is a good one to have on side if you want to draw in a very lucrative audience in Japan. They're essentially the premier otaku RPG developer in the country.

Wait a sec, what's stopping devs from putting otaku games on PSP? There's more owners, the genres aren't really limited by the system's power, it's cheaper to make, and the PSP is still outselling the Vita weekly over in Japan. The only real pro I can see on Vita would be a lack of competition or some certain uses of the touch screens.

There isn't. There's actually still a steady stream of PSP games on the way in Japan.

But as with all new consoles, eventually the current gen hardware takes off. Nothing's stopping people from making PS2 games either, but it's generally healthier for sales figures to support the console people are buying.

moomoo

Huh, an exclusive GUST game, eh? That could be pretty great for the handheld.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Bankai

moomoo wrote:

Huh, an exclusive GUST game, eh? That could be pretty great for the handheld.

Unfortunately it won't be localised in the west (it's not a JRPG, it's a virtual girl game), but yeah, it's out in Japan, and apparently did well for TK:

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=473753

Good link for a quick read, as it highlights just how useful GUST is for a console's development. That little team of a dozen or so (yes, it is a tiny dev team) operates on incredible margin - 35 per cent is incredible.

Neoproteus

Bankai wrote:

1) Keiji Inafune proves your Vita comment wrong

2) Why would Sony not sell hardware at a loss again?

3) I have over 200 games on my PS3, and none of them are God of War or Uncharted (don't know how that happened, but it did). Well worth $300.

1) Why did I have to use google just to find out who this guy was? And no, Soul Sacrifice does not warrant buying a Vita all on it's own. There are still no other games worth buying a system over and there won't be many more considering Sony itself is ignoring it.

2) Because Sony has lost 2/5 of it's net worth in the last ten years because of the PS3 and many models of televisions poor sales. They will sell at a profit, which means at a $300 price tag, which is what will sell as dictated by this market, it will not be all that much more powerful than a PS3.

3) Good lord man! I don't even have 10 games for my PS3 because most of them I rented or traded in because I didn't like them. What could you possibly have gotten?! Are there even 200 games TOTAL for the PS3? Did you download the entire playstation store? Purchase a couple gamestop locations? Leave some for the rest of the PS3 fans, they want some games too!

In all seriousness, I bought a PS3 to play Heavy Rain, and in hopes that Final Fantasy XIII would be an exclusive and a hit. It was neither. Now it just plays blu-rays and Netflix.

Neoproteus

Chrono_Cross

If you use your Playstation 3 for Netflix and Blu Ray movies only, you're not looking hard enough for games.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Hokori

@neoproteus you didn't know who the creator of Mega Man was !
But seriously I doubt that game alone will sell the Vita

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

Bankai

2) Because Sony has lost 2/5 of it's net worth in the last ten years because of the PS3 and many models of televisions poor sales. They will sell at a profit, which means at a $300 price tag, which is what will sell as dictated by this market, it will not be all that much more powerful than a PS3.

You seem to be making the common mistake that selling hardware at a loss = an unprofitable gaming division.

It's entirely possible to sell hardware at a loss and have a very profitable gaming division.

I would suggest that you learn about the business side of the IT manufacturing industry before trying to commentate about it but... well, this is the Internet. Everyone's an expert. Even if they don't understand how loss leading works.

3) Good lord man! I don't even have 10 games for my PS3 because most of them I rented or traded in because I didn't like them. What could you possibly have gotten?! Are there even 200 games TOTAL for the PS3? Did you download the entire playstation store? Purchase a couple gamestop locations? Leave some for the rest of the PS3 fans, they want some games too!

I have around 75 JRPGs alone. Yes, I'm probably only missing one or two in that specific genre, but the PS3 has a longer and deeper game library than any other console I've ever come across.

I actually checked my PSN accound. 397 downloadable pieces of content. That includes DLC, Avatars, Vita and PSP games, but I've also got around 50 discs. The PS3 has a M A S S I V E library.

And no, Soul Sacrifice does not warrant buying a Vita all on it's own.

People said the same about Monster Hunter. You're talking about one of the most popular dudes in Japan's games industry making an exclusive for the Vita.

Once the Vita picks up in Japan (And it almost certainly will) you watch as the good games start flying in.

Hokori

@waltz he's also making king of pirates for 3Ds

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

Hokori

Bankai wrote:

Hokori wrote:

So?

You come up with some really random and completely irrelevant stuff sometimes, you know that?

Ummm it's far from irrelevant... YOU stated that the Vita exclusive would sell the Vita because he made it, and I said that he's also making something for 3DS, so what I tried to explain is that if the Vita game will boost Vita sales, then the 3DS one (even if it ends up not being as popular as the Vita Title) will boost 3DS sales, by your logic
Also why do you always try to make other people sound like an idiot? Just curious because it... Well rude

Edited on by Hokori

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

Bankai

Hokori wrote:

Bankai wrote:

Hokori wrote:

So?

You come up with some really random and completely irrelevant stuff sometimes, you know that?

Ummm it's far from irrelevant... YOU stated that the Vita exclusive would sell the Vita because he made it, and I said that he's also making something for 3DS, so what I tried to explain is that if the Vita game will boost Vita sales, then the 3DS one (even if it ends up not being as popular as the Vita Title) will boost 3DS sales, by your logic
Also why do you always try to make other people sound like an idiot? Just curious because it... Well rude

What? You're still making no sense.

If Square Enix was to release Final Fantasy XV on the Vita exclusively, the Vita would have a boost in sales. It hardly matters that Square Enix has also released games on the iPad.

Inafune's game probably will boost 3DS sales. But I wasn't talking about the 3DS. At all. This whole thread is about Sony (check the title). Not Nintendo.

You're in then wrong forum.

Edited on by Bankai

HaastMK7

I don't really see the Vita going anywhere anytime soon. I have not heard anything about in the past month. The only thing I heard about was "little big plant racing"
and I don't even know if that's for the Vita :/

Miiverse: Haast_NZL
Followers: 855
Follow me! https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Haast_NZL

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0434-4753 | Nintendo Network ID: Haast_NZL

HaastMK7

Bankai wrote:

CosmiC wrote:

I don't really see the Vita going anywhere anytime soon. I have not heard anything about in the past month. The only thing I heard about was "little big plant racing"
and I don't even know if that's for the Vita :/

http://au.ign.com/games/upcoming/vita

thanks for the source. The reason I have not heard much about the PSShiitakeMushroom is because i don't have one... and I really didnt care about Sony, but anyways I will have a look.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Miiverse: Haast_NZL
Followers: 855
Follow me! https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Haast_NZL

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0434-4753 | Nintendo Network ID: Haast_NZL

Hokori

@waltz you've also made no sense in many many threads, I WAS talking about the topic at hand since its WORRIED about Sony, and the King of pirates game is in competition to the Vita title, and if it'll boost Vita sales it'll boost 3DS sales leaving Vita a bit behind still

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

irken004

I'll have you all know that LBP Vita is easily one of the best (if not THE) best LittleBIGPlanet game to release.

Heck, it's one of the best mobile games I've ever played.

LzWinky

Sometimes I forget the Vita even exists

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Bankai

Hokori wrote:

@waltz you've also made no sense in many many threads, I WAS talking about the topic at hand since its WORRIED about Sony, and the King of pirates game is in competition to the Vita title, and if it'll boost Vita sales it'll boost 3DS sales leaving Vita a bit behind still

The King of Pirates game has nothing to do with Soul Sacrifice.

Let's extend your line of thought here:

DMC was just released on the PS3 and Xbox 360. OH NO the Wii U must be doomed!

That is, of course, silly, because:

1) Two consoles can exist in the market simultaneously. And in fact both consoles can have sales boosts! And both consoles can even have popular exclusive games!

2) The Vita doesn't have to "beat" the 3DS to be a successful console.

3) None of any of the discussion in this thread has been about the 3DS.

Edited on by Bankai

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.