Forums

Topic: Tommoro I might be getting an xbox 360.

Posts 1 to 20 of 76

Pogocoop

I have a few questions : Such as, How do the downloadable games work, Do you need the card to download them?, Would an arcade Xbox be able to go on the internet for Wi-Fi play? And last but not least, What are some good Non-First person shooter games?

Sorry If I sound like a noob, I kinda am...

3DS FC: 0774-4269-5253Name:Tony

Nintendo network ID : Pogocoop

Obsesive Vocaloid fan.

Tasuki

First off if you are going to get a 360 get one with a Hard drive I know its a little bit more than the Arcade model but you will be thanking yourself for getting the one with the hard drive. If you dont than you wont be able to save any games to the system or put music on, or even download games to the 360 without the hard drive.

I cant really recommend any shooter type games since I dont really play any of those kinds of games.

And no problem sounding like a Noob we are are Noobs when it comes to something.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

grenworthshero

I don't have a 360, but I played Gears of War when it first came out and I liked it a lot, and obviously a lot of other people liked it, too since they're making a GoW3, now.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

OldBoy

You can't go wrong with Gears of War 1 & 2 Both fantastic games.Fallout 3 is also excellent but I'm not sure you can class it as a 'true' shooter in the normal sense.Lost Planet is also decent not played the sequel but reviews genarally said it wasn't that good.
Also Echoing Tasuki, you really need a hard drive.Even demos take up typically 1 -1.5Gb.
As for downloading games you will need to purchase XBox gamepoint cards or use a website like this one https://www.gamepointsnow.com/
and get instant points code sent to your e-mail. Its a similar system to the Wii,if your familiar with that, only ten times better .

Edited on by OldBoy

What's this bit for again?

Magi

I'll echo what Tasuki said: get an xbox with a hard drive. You could then fill it up with all kinds of gamey goodness. There is no "card" necessary to download anything as far as I'm aware, unless you're referring to a memory card (low capacity in comparison to the hard drive) or points cards (XBox Live currency) which are necessary to buy games.

The arcade xbox is able to go on the internet. Older machines require an ethernet cable unless you purchase the wireless adapter.

I would also recommend Gears of War 1 & 2 as pretty groovy third-person shooters. I'm not a big shooter fan, so there's not much more I can recommend in that flavor of genre. Some of my most favorite games on the XBox include Fallout 3, Fable 2, Lost Odyssey, Left 4 Dead, Bioshock, and Dragon Age. I can wholeheartedly recommend any of those as initial buys.

Good luck!

Magi

LordJumpMad

Fable 2 is a Great Game, and its not a FPS.
but you will still hear kid screaming at there Mom for some Chololet Milk

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

Did some of you guys read what he said. Non-First Person shooter games. Most listed are first person or third person shooter.

Dragon age mass effect is considered an RPG but looks like a third person shooter. Little big planet Batman AA just to name a few.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

noblo601

Soul Calibur 4 is awesome man, so is Street Fighter 4.

www.gamerswithgfs.com - Find us on facebook too!

Magi

Tech, I can see what you're saying but I think some of us interpreted his statement as looking for shooters that were non-first-person, thus the Gears of War suggestions. I covered both my bases by suggesting some non-shooter games as well, just in case that's what he meant.

Also, it would be helpful if you would at least suggest XBOX games for a person buying an xbox as your "Little Big Planet" suggestion is just a bit too tee-hee.

Magi

Spoony_Tech

LOL Magi forgot that one was ps3.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

HolyMackerel

No, Tech has the right idea. You should also get 3D Dot Game Heroes, Metal Gear Solid 4, Afrika, Disgaea 3 and 4, Demon's Souls, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, God of War III, Gran Turismo 5, Heavy Rain, Infamous, Lair, the PixelJunk series, Uncharted 1 and 2, Vakyria Chronicles, Wipeout HD and Yakuza 3.

All good games, and a great investment for your Xbox 360!

(Source)

HolyMackerel

citizenerased

Get Rez HD, along with a bunch of other great XBLA games like Limbo

And Ikaruga if you don't have it for the Cube yet.

(and wow, the above post is lame)

Edited on by citizenerased

Mario Maker 2 level ID: L93-LYQ-YJF

Objection

lol @ HolyMackerel

I enjoyed Qubed, which has Rez HD among other things and its a disc release.
And Fallout 3 is not a great game for a "noob", it is extremely tough and hardcore.

[21:14] pixelman: I blame fheblackdragon
[21:15] pixelman: That's not an f by the way, it's a fancy t.
[21:15] Objection: Tales of Graces "fancy t"
[21:15] Objection: Tinal Tantasy
[21:15] theblackdragon: lol OB
[21:15] pixelman: OB knows what he's asking about.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0835-3789

Ravage

Assassins Creed 1&2.
Also, you may be able to find a used Pro cheaper than an Arcade. The Pro has a hard drive.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Spoony_Tech

I think your suggestion has turned ps3.

MERG said:

HolyMackerel

@tealovertoma It's called a sense of humour, do you have one?

There are plenty of good Xbox 360 games, but many of them are also available on the PC or PS3 so I'm not inclined to advise someone to get one.

Actually, make sure you buy Super Street Fighter 4 if you're getting a 360 (if you like 2D fighters). The net play is most alive for the 360 version I believe.

EDIT: Just interesting to point out that I named more good non-first-person shooter games for the PS3 in one post than this entire thread has done for the 360 so far. :/

Disclaimer: I'm not a Sony fanboy. The only current-gen console I own is a Wii.

Edited on by HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

Spoony_Tech

Yeah the x-box 360 is first person shooter top heavy. The ps3 has a little more verity when it comes to adventure and platforming games.

MERG said:

BrazCanaMan

You can download games off of XBLA as long as you have the memory and a Microsoft points card (works just like wii points). If you sign up for XBLive Gold, you can get discounts on select games or add-ons every week. If you get the new black xbox, it wilol have WiFi, the original white console needs a wifi periferal, also get something other than the arcade model, you'll most likely end up buying an HD down the road and it would cost you more.

If you are looking for (console, some are on PC) exclusives, check out: Alan Wake, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts, Dead or Alive 4, Forza Motorsport 3, Kameo: Elements of Power, Death Smiles, Mass Effect, Halo Wars (it's a RTS not a FPS), Beautiful Katamari, Crackdown (1,2), plus others. Too bad you don't want any FPS (or TPS as well, I'm guessing) because the Xbox is great with 'em; Left 4 Dead 1 & 2, Gears of War 1 & 2, Halo 3, ODST, Metro 2033, Lost Planet: Colonies Edition, Prey, Quake 4, etc... Also you really should get a system with a HD, that way you can pick up some downloadable games; LIMBO, 'Splosion man, Dead Rising: Case Zero, Shadow Complex, The Dishwasher Dead Samurai, Deathspank, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, Neo Geo Battle Colliseum, Castlevania SOTN, Castlevania HoD (I like it =P), Monkey Island SE 1 & 2, Rez HD, plus more... also if you like shmups you can pick up a game called Aegis Wing on XBLA for free, it's not the greatest but it is fun... and free!

Edited on by BrazCanaMan

Now playing:
(Wii - DJ Hero 2) (WiiWare / VC - -- / --)
(Game Cube - Second Sight) (DS / GBA - Eragon / --)
(Xbox360 - Burnout Paradise) (XBLA / XBIG - Puzzle Quest / --)
Wii FC - 2346 1195 9083 7926
XBOX360 Gamertag - BrazCanMan

Magi

HolyMackerel wrote:

Just interesting...

Not really.

I just pointed out games that I REALLY liked. I could have pointed out many more that I just simply liked.

Magi

citizenerased

HolyMackerel wrote:

@tealovertoma It's called a sense of humour, do you have one?

Apologies, were you aiming for sarcasm, irony or goofyness? It didn't quite get through to me, but I mix humourous posts up with useless ones sometimes. Your posts do make you sound a bit like a PS3 fanboy (or anti-MS), but if you only have a Wii (like myself), I guess that's alright.

TS might want to check out this list, though, since it's actually relevant:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Xbox_360-only_games

And of course, skimming through these kinds of lists is a good idea:
http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html?site=xbox360&cat=0
http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/104/1045042p1.html

Edited on by citizenerased

Mario Maker 2 level ID: L93-LYQ-YJF

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.