Forums

Topic: Tommoro I might be getting an xbox 360.

Posts 21 to 40 of 76

Weskerb

Why funny? because of this perhaps:

Tech101 wrote:

Did some of you guys read what he said. Non-First Person shooter games. Most listed are first person or third person shooter.

Dragon age mass effect is considered an RPG but looks like a third person shooter. Little big planet Batman AA just to name a few.

Weskerb

HolyMackerel

@tealovertoma Actually a bit of all 3. I like to play devil's advocate sometimes - supporting the 360 in PS3 threads and supporting the PS3 in 360 threads. They're both good consoles but a little too similar overall for me to decide which one I'd get. At least, they both aim for the same approximate slice of the gaming population. The Wii was an easy choice because it was so clear about its purpose and audience.

And is your name "tea lover toma" or "teal over toma"? I'm guessing it's tea lover (me too!).

The last few posts should be enough for pogocoop to have a good start with his 360, I think. Have fun with it!

Don't fall victim to the Xbox Live subscription pyramid scheme!

HolyMackerel

Ravage

I forgot to mention how awesome Alan Wake is; probably the most original storyline in a game ever. It reminds me of a Stephen King book. The entire game is just amazing.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

kevohki

Ravage wrote:

I forgot to mention how awesome Alan Wake is; probably the most original storyline in a game ever. It reminds me of a Stephen King book. The entire game is just amazing.

Alan Wake was probably the only game that would have swayed me to get a 360 (considering it's the only 360 game that I actually want to play and can't play on PC). Then I finished it in one sitting at a friend's house. It was incredibly good but incredibly short . If there's a sequel, hopefully it goes multiplatform (or at least a PC release) because the first didn't sell that well as a 360 exclusive.

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

Ravage

I think it took me around 6-8 hours to finish, which isn't real long. But I finished over the course of a week or so so it didn't feel that short. The story is well worth it and I would be say it is worth a re-play. There are tons of collectibles, and some of the manuscript pages require a run through on Nightmare (very hard) difficulty to collect. The manuscript also offers a good amount of text to read if you're into it. While some were disappointed with how short the game was, it deserves every bit of appraise for such an excellently put together game.

EarthViper

They don't have anything on the best JRPG's of the last 3 console generations but the 360 does have some decent exclusive JRPG's including Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon and Tales of Vesperia (which is also on PS3 but only in Japan).

Too Human got a really bad rap, it's not awesome but it's better than most gave it credit for and it's super cheap now. Beautiful Katamari is a blast but one might say that if you've played one Katamari you've played them all (I for one can't get enough of them). Also, even though Rare is a shadow of their former selves Kameo and the Viva Pinata games are still pretty fun.

The best part about the 360 for me though has been the XBLA. There's more games on that service that interest me than there are at retail for the system. Try out the demo's for Cloning Clyde, Dishwasher Dead Samurai, Castlevania HoD, Shadow Complex, Bomberman Live, Limbo, A Kingdom for Keflings, Splosion Man and Trials HD.

EarthViper

the_shpydar

Alan Wake was absolutely awesome. Need to reply it a couple more times just on principle. It was actually one of the games that swayed me to buy a 360 ... way back in 2006 or so when it was first announced. I only had to wait 4 years. XD
The best way to decribe it is "playing through a Stephen King novel set in Twin Peaks". So awesome, as those are two of my favorite things.

As far as what flavor 360, the best bet (assuming price is not a concern), is the new Slim design with the 250 gig hard drive; better design, plenty of storage space, built in WiFi, and it doesn't sound like a jet plane taking off (i can barely hear it at all, even with a disc spinning).

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Pogocoop

Yup, I'm getting it, And thanks for you guys, Help and recommendations, I'm 90% sure it has a hard drive , I'm buying it from a friend for 50$ , He keeps saying it has a hard drive, the only flaw is the lens needs cleaning, But I can do that, And once again, Thanks

3DS FC: 0774-4269-5253Name:Tony

Nintendo network ID : Pogocoop

Obsesive Vocaloid fan.

the_shpydar

Word of advice -- sometimes with 360s, the "lens needs cleaning" problem isn't really a "lens needs cleaning" problem. The disc-spin motor can sometimes wear down on the older 360s, which will prevent discs from being read and result in the system thinking there's no disc in the drive (i've had this problem happen with 2 360s, one mine, one a borrowed friend's system; we both ended up trading them in as GameStop doesn't check for this problem). Somehow, a lens-cleaning will temporarily remedy the problem, but not fix it outright.

Just a friendly caution, as it's a 360 problem that i don't often see mentioned (or even realized by many people). The system will still read game discs, just sometimes you may have to eject and re-insert the disc a few times. For $50 though, you really can't go wrong. =)

The Shpydarloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Mabbit

if you dont want FPS games, then your getting the wrong system, dude
Mass Effect is supposed to be good and its like... half a shooting game
oh and Elder Scrolls IV

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04

Magi

pogocoop wrote:

Yup, I'm getting it, And thanks for you guys, Help and recommendations, I'm 90% sure it has a hard drive , I'm buying it from a friend for 50$ , He keeps saying it has a hard drive, the only flaw is the lens needs cleaning, But I can do that, And once again, Thanks

$50 sounds almost too good to be true. Does he have it on xbox live? I hope it's not a ban-console. That would explain the low price.

If it's all on the up-and-up, then congrats, you got a great deal!

Magi

Pogocoop

Magi wrote:

pogocoop wrote:

$50 sounds almost too good to be true. Does he have it on xbox live? I hope it's not a ban-console. That would explain the low price.

If it's all on the up-and-up, then congrats, you got a great deal!

It's all fine I got to play it today , It reads the disk every second time. Kinda odd, But its elite, And only 50$ I'm Overly exited!

Obsesive Vocaloid fan.

the_shpydar

briunj04 wrote:

if you dont want FPS games, then your getting the wrong system, dude

The 360 is FPS-heavy, no doubt, but realize that saying that is the equivalent of someone saying "If you don't like casual party games, then the Wii is the wrong system".

EDIT: Congrats, pogo! Enjoy the new system! Try not to go nuts downloading games on XBLA; there's a lot of great stuff on there, especially if you like arcade classics.

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery

xAlias

If you're lookin' for good co-op games, try Lego Batman. Really fun.

xAlias

Nintendo Network ID: xAlias

Pogocoop

Ok, This is my last question, Can I redeem microsoft points cards if I only have a free Xbox live account, Or must I upgrade to silver/gold?

Obsesive Vocaloid fan.

Ravage

Silver is the free account, And yes.

The_Fox

Yes, you can redeem Microsoft points on the (free) Silver account.
Oops! I didn't see that Ravage had already answered the question

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

LuWiiGi

The Mass Effect games are great, and they're not FPS.

No animals were harmed in the making of this post.

WarioWare: DIY: FC - 0904 7088 3011
Favourite users: PunnyGuy, StarBoy91, cloudcult10, Xkhaoz, Dragoon, DannyBoy, NintyFan, NintendoPurist, Sadman, Wooperman1, Golgo, GamesX99, turtlelink. The rest of you are cool too, though.

HolyMackerel

Add another vote for Mass Effect and Alan Wake.

Also apparently Too Human is pretty similar in some ways to Phantasy Star Online, which I loved.

HolyMackerel

Ravage

The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena is first person, but an awesome game that no one really talks about. It includes an updated version of Escape from Butcher Bay too, making it actually two great games for about $30 or so.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.