Forums

Topic: The Unofficial Steam Sales Thread

Posts 921 to 940 of 3,237

Aviator

Now the Stalker bundle is available in my region, and GTA4 is when I go through Rockstars catalogue.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Aviator

You could buy it again for me Mickeymac

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

reborn

Would you recommend Grotesque Tactics?? It's on sale and I like games such as FFT and Fire Emblem but I've read some reviews which stated that the game wasn't that good. What do you think?

Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden (Vita), Persona (PSP), Disgaea 3 (Vita), Yumi's Odd Odyssey (3DS), Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS).
Recently finished: Pokémon X (3DS), Persona 3 Portable (PSP), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Virtue's Last Reward (3DS).
FC: 0748-1618-4432

V8_Ninja

@Terra That's fine. Hopefully someone else will be able to gift the game/package to me. winkwink

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

Slapshot

I grabbed Sniper Elite and the Half Life expansions.

Do I need to buy Half Life to play Blue Shift and Opposing Force?

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

edhe

slapshot82 wrote:

I grabbed Sniper Elite and the Half Life expansions.

Do I need to buy Half Life to play Blue Shift and Opposing Force?

I believe they're standalone games in their own rights, like Half Life 2's extra episodes. You might need to read up on (or ideally, play) the first game to understand what is exactly going on, and who you're controlling, but I don't believe there should be any issues.

Edit: Steam says it (Blue Shift) was originally released as an addon (before the days of steam, no doubt), but I still think they'll be ok. There's no disclaimer saying a copy of HL1 needs to be purchased beforehand.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Slapshot

@edhe... thanks man. Ive beaten Half Life multiple times before and the less than a dollar price for Opposing Force just couldn't be passed up Lol. Hopefully I won't have to purchase Half Life once again, but I guess when it's done downloading I'll try to play it and see. Thanks again my friend!

V8_Ninja

Would someone be willing to gift me Bioshock? I would pay you back with another $5 game at a later time.

V8_Ninja

Link-Hero wrote:

V8+Ninja wrote:

Would someone be willing to gift me Bioshock? I would pay you back with another $5 game at a later time.

Sure, I will. I gifted you Bioshock 2, so why not the first one.

Thanks, Link-Hero. You're my Hero.

EDIT: No, really, you are (sort of) my hero.

Edited on by V8_Ninja

Slapshot

Update: Half Life Expansions do indeed work without the need for the original game.

Ravage

Tempted by the STALKER pack once again, but I already have SoC to finish and Clear Sky to playbefore I worry about CoP. I think I'll wait until next Christmas since I got both those games last Christmas and have only logged about 7 hours on it...

And anyone looking on playing STALKER; I highly suggest getting the Complete 2009 mod before playing (since it will require a new save file). You can check out the forum for more information on how to get started. I think I ended up doing the first mission (where you kill the bandits in that house) 3 or 4 times. The last time, I went a stealthy approach and ninja'd my way around the back and up top one of the buildings, where I used my awesome silenced pistol (which took some searching to find) to take most of them out one by one with head shots. I missed one and everything went crazy, but I still did fine. It is a ton of fun trying to figure out the best way to play this game.
Always aim for the head and get anything to replace that pistol you start with. Some armour if you can find it will help tons and keep plenty of stock of anti-rad stuff for when you head to the dump area (can't remember what it is called now). It is a hard game, and most people say that the first mission is one of the hardest in the game because you are not prepared in the slightest.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Fuzzy

Okay, holidays are over. Time to start playing these games...right after work

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

HolyMackerel

So I went a little nuts and bought a few games. Today is the last day of the sale for crying out loud! Neverwinter Nights 2: Platinum, The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom, Plants Vs. Zombies GOTY, Guild Wars Trilogy and Guild Wars: Eye of the North. All for rather large discounts. Oh happy day.

HolyMackerel

Xkhaoz

Man, I guess I'm leaving this sale empty-handed.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

Ravage

...I have 2 cents left...

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.