Forums

Topic: The Unofficial Steam Sales Thread

Posts 921 to 940 of 3,310

rustythekid

Nothing for me today. I'm going back to sleep.

rustythekid

_mikero_

Just got a new computer (the old one couldn't really play any games)... Could anyone recommend me some good games / good deals? I'm not really a fan of fps and I'm more interested in platformer/adventure, puzzle, and the occasional strategy game.

So far I've been looking at:
Super Meat Boy
Portal
Plants vs Zombies
POP: Sand of Times
Toki Tori

_mikero_

irken004

@mikero_ Tomb Raider Anniversary is pretty good, and even better with a pc gaming controller. Also, be sure to try the demos of the games you might be interested in, they can help decide if the games will run well on your computer.

Ravage

You should also be looking into the Orange Box (which contains Portal)!

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

edhe

Christ almighty!

Anyone who is planning to buy Dead Rising 2 (or indeed any game that uses the Games for Windows DRM) be prepared to jump through many hoops before you can get it working.

I failed to do this last night, and after racking up 3 hours of game time, it was all wiped when I got back to it this afternoon.

That's right. Games For Windows will only allow you to save once you've signed in to Windows Marketplace (never mind the fact that the game is distributed on Steam, with a perfectly good DRM of its own...).

I had to make an account (no biggie), but then found out the client that was packed with the game (incidentally, it wouldn't run automatically, so I had to find it in my steamapps folder) was out of date, and wouldn't let me sign in (and thus save my progress). I was prompted to run the update through the in-game client, but surprise surprise, that didn't work, so I had to update it manually as well.

Finally, I was able to update my game (like I said, a prerequisite to saving the game and running online features) and I can get back to playing my game - safe in the knowledge that when I save it, there'll be something to greet me when I get back to it the next day.

Does anyone else have any issues or thoughts about the dual GFW/Steam Digital Rights Managment with games from steam?

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Ravage

I have heard a ton of bad things about Dead Rising 2 troubles. I made an account a while ago. However, that was my first mistake, because when I got my Xbox, it wouldn't let me sign in with the same ID. Then it wouldn't let me sign in using the same e-mail, and to get it working and connected together, I would have to jump through about 100 different hoops. Seeing as how I only had a month of Gold and Bad Company 2 waiting for me, I wasn't going to waste my time doing that. So I had to create another e-mail account just to play multiplayer on my Xbox. Because Microsoft seems to think that using the same account for everything is a great idea.//////

Aviator

I hate GFWL, especially when you have to use Steam and GFWL to play 1 game.

Luckily, I don't have that many games that require it, and I haven't had that many troubles either.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

irken004

Agreed about Games For Windows Live, it's terribly complicated on the PC. I only have one game that uses it and luckily the game made up for it (Batman Arkham Asylum). Whatever you do, at least check to see if a game uses GFWL before buying it!!!

RyuZebian

Man oh man. I started buying games from Steam for real this fall. My collection so far? 30+ games. This holiday sale is certainly not making it shrink! It has drawn my attention away from Nintendo consoles remarkably. Pretty much ALL my attention until now! Golden Sun: DD and Black ops for Wii will probably make me take my eyes of the computer once in a while now... Especially seeing how my first 3 days with GS: DD= 20 hours of playing!

RyuZebian, player of games, commentor of comments. Oh, and my 3DS Friend Code is 2148-8170-8035.

irken004

Well the sales are a bit more interesting, but nothing I'm too interested in. Looks like a good deal for Dead Space and Kane and Lynch 2

Edited on by irken004

Aviator

The only appealing thing to me today is Swords and Soldiers.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

rustythekid

I want S&S but I already got it for the wii when it came out. Dead Space... I don't know yet, does it have DRM? Amnesia at $4.80 it's too good to pass on.

rustythekid

Ravage

Swords and Soldiers will be mine
Amnesia is a really good deal if you have Penumbra (which I got from on of the Humble Bundles I think.
Greed Corps looks interesting.

rustythekid

Ravage wrote:

Amnesia is a really good deal if you have Penumbra (which I got from on of the Humble Bundles I think.

Same here, I'll def buy it. I don't know if I should buy Dead Space, for ten dollars it seems like a good deal given the game quality, but only single player I don't know about its replay value. The deals are picking up steam, for sure (no pun intended).

rustythekid

irken004

I think I'll just go ahead and get Monday Night Combat so I can play the beta. I doubt I'll get anything else in the holiday sales so I'll just preorder MNC
EDIT Done and done. Can't wait to play! Downloading...

Edited on by irken004

Ravage

rustythekid wrote:

Ravage wrote:

Same here, I'll def buy it. I don't know if I should buy Dead Space, for ten dollars it seems like a good deal given the game quality, but only single player I don't know about its replay value. The deals are picking up steam, for sure (no pun intended).

Replay value can be found here:
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/forum-36.html

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.