Forums

Topic: The Unofficial Steam Sales Thread

Posts 841 to 860 of 3,237

y2josh

@Irks: War for Cybertron is 17$ for PC on Amazon.

y2josh

Aviator

Wow. That was fast.

Thanks to edhe for buying me BFBC2. I look forward to playing it when I return home.

I'm surprised most of these sales haven't appealed to me in the slightest. Hopefully it will get better over the next few days.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

rustythekid

The thing is I think they're running out of BIG games.

Edited on by rustythekid

rustythekid

Slapshot

@Mickey... man, I think you will love KTOR, and if you do I would recommend grabbing KTOR2 as it is just as great as the original, if not better.

I had to grab Machinarium, as a longtime ago I remember playing the flash demo awhile back and loved it. The small asking price for the game seemed impassable.

Oh, I also gifted my Dad Civilization IV: Complete for like $6.50 and he is loving it.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Ravage

Mickeymac wrote:

slapshot82 wrote:

@Mickey... man, I think you will love KTOR, and if you do I would recommend grabbing KTOR2 as it is just as great as the original, if not better.

You are the first to ever say that to me.

Yeah... I have never heard anyone say that about KOTOR 2. Well at least the first one would have been good I'm sure, that is, if it worked...
Kind of sucks when you get a game that doesn't work. If you get crashes at certain scenes, try turning off v-sync. I got to a point where the game crashed no matter what unfortunately.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Slapshot

I'm a Star Wars fanatic, and I actually started off with KTOR2 and then went back to KTOR so maybe that had some effect. I enjoyed both of the games immensely. I also created Jacen Solo out of the expanded universe in KTOR2 and played as a Sith so maybe that had some extra effect as well as he is one of my favorite Star Wars characters.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

HolyMackerel

The daily sales recently have been so... meh.

HolyMackerel

Aviator

HolyMackerel wrote:

The daily sales recently have been so... meh.

I agree.

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

rustythekid

Nothing for me today. I'm going back to sleep.

rustythekid

_mikero_

Just got a new computer (the old one couldn't really play any games)... Could anyone recommend me some good games / good deals? I'm not really a fan of fps and I'm more interested in platformer/adventure, puzzle, and the occasional strategy game.

So far I've been looking at:
Super Meat Boy
Portal
Plants vs Zombies
POP: Sand of Times
Toki Tori

_mikero_

irken004

@mikero_ Tomb Raider Anniversary is pretty good, and even better with a pc gaming controller. Also, be sure to try the demos of the games you might be interested in, they can help decide if the games will run well on your computer.

Ravage

You should also be looking into the Orange Box (which contains Portal)!

edhe

Christ almighty!

Anyone who is planning to buy Dead Rising 2 (or indeed any game that uses the Games for Windows DRM) be prepared to jump through many hoops before you can get it working.

I failed to do this last night, and after racking up 3 hours of game time, it was all wiped when I got back to it this afternoon.

That's right. Games For Windows will only allow you to save once you've signed in to Windows Marketplace (never mind the fact that the game is distributed on Steam, with a perfectly good DRM of its own...).

I had to make an account (no biggie), but then found out the client that was packed with the game (incidentally, it wouldn't run automatically, so I had to find it in my steamapps folder) was out of date, and wouldn't let me sign in (and thus save my progress). I was prompted to run the update through the in-game client, but surprise surprise, that didn't work, so I had to update it manually as well.

Finally, I was able to update my game (like I said, a prerequisite to saving the game and running online features) and I can get back to playing my game - safe in the knowledge that when I save it, there'll be something to greet me when I get back to it the next day.

Does anyone else have any issues or thoughts about the dual GFW/Steam Digital Rights Managment with games from steam?

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Ravage

I have heard a ton of bad things about Dead Rising 2 troubles. I made an account a while ago. However, that was my first mistake, because when I got my Xbox, it wouldn't let me sign in with the same ID. Then it wouldn't let me sign in using the same e-mail, and to get it working and connected together, I would have to jump through about 100 different hoops. Seeing as how I only had a month of Gold and Bad Company 2 waiting for me, I wasn't going to waste my time doing that. So I had to create another e-mail account just to play multiplayer on my Xbox. Because Microsoft seems to think that using the same account for everything is a great idea.//////

Aviator

I hate GFWL, especially when you have to use Steam and GFWL to play 1 game.

Luckily, I don't have that many games that require it, and I haven't had that many troubles either.

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

irken004

Agreed about Games For Windows Live, it's terribly complicated on the PC. I only have one game that uses it and luckily the game made up for it (Batman Arkham Asylum). Whatever you do, at least check to see if a game uses GFWL before buying it!!!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.