Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 8,881 to 8,900 of 16,083

Ralizah

Between PSN having, like, five different places where you have to change settings to tell it not to auto-renew certain things, not being able to add smaller amounts of money to my wallet, and Amazon taking off smaller PSN codes from their website, I've just been avoiding buying digital on there for a while. Which is probably good, and cuts down on impulse purchases.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Gamer83

@NEStalgia
I've never had any issues making purchases on the PS Store but I tend to avoid using paypay. I just go Walmart or Best Buy and stock up on $10 and $20 cards.

Gamer83

Peek-a-boo

@NEStalgia Go and buy yourself some PSN wallet top-up cards instead!

More often than not, you gain monetisation value; for example, $20 worth for $18.50 and so on.

I haven’t used my debit card, PayPal or any other means of paying to buy games (or to top-up my wallet) on my 3DS, Wii U, PlayStation 4 or Switch. I have saved a tidy amount over the years by buying eShop or PlayStation store vouchers/codes for less than the asking value.

Anyhoo, I went food shopping yesterday afternoon and I stopped in my tracks when I saw Detroit: Become Human on the shelf in the supermarket. I think I am patient enough to wait until it is under £30 in a couple of months time, but I hope both @Gamer83 and @Octane enjoy the game!

Peek-a-boo

NEStalgia

@CanisWolfred Glad I'm not the only one! It's so weird, their payment system almost NEVER works....and then out of the blue it will work once here or there. No wonder PSN cards are such big sellers on Amazon. They're the indirect payment system!

@Peek-a-boo Interesting about monetization, I haven't checked in-store pricing, though I can't think of any retail stores that sell cards cheaper than face value. Of course Sony made it hard. I wanted to stock my cart with things with my 20% discount code from the Detroit trailer. But no, I exceeded my cart limit (150 apparently). So I removed things to get it down. This time it was just under 150 but with tax was 158 or so. I deleted more, it still denied PayPal, then put it back to the 158 total. I had to buy a 100 from Amazon, wait 20 minutes for verification, then buy a 75 to get up over 150, but I had to wait to place the order (buy digital things too fast on Amazon and they think you've been hacked and kill your account for 5 hours), then verification took 3 hours. I go to add it to my PSN It rejects it, apparently you can't add more than 150 at a time! Absurd!! So then I had to trim the cart down under 100, buy that on my coupon, then I just bought the 2/3 the other things at full price because I'd already spent the lousy $75 on the gift card. All that could have been avoided if they just took the PayPal to begin with. It does seem silly: Digital was supposed to remove retail and make life easier. Instead I have to jump through crazy hoops, and the best solution is to ultimately go to retail and buy a plastic card representing virtual money, to then buy the digital goods. Why don't I just go to retail and buy the darned boxed game? It has LESS steps? I have to find these cheaper places you talk about though.

Sony's cart is so darned broken.

I have my Detroit....probably the last PS/XB physical pre-order I'll be doing for a while now that I found digital sale hunting , I couldn't get myself to cancel a preorder I place 2 e3's ago With my 20% amazon discount it seemed ok. Though I won't be opening it for a long long time anyway.....

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama BTW, just putting this here since we were talking about the various wired PS4 controllers earlier. (I still have reservations about buying anything Scuf....let alone at that obscene price. It LOOKS fantastic....but so does the X1 Elite....until the stick drifts and the bumpers break... )

Anyway, I discovered one interesting thing about wired controllers (even the stock controllers if it's the version 2 DS4 or the 1S style X1 controllers) since you're an audiophile: better audio through the controller!! On PS4 (pro) there's even a setting to enable or disable using USB Audio through the controller when running wired. X1 just automatically does it. Granted the in-controller DAC and amp aren't going to be amazing, but it's better than freaking Bluetooth! (If you're already going with a Mixamp or external DAC for your headphones, then this won't matter.)

My main setup is to break out the HDMI audio to optical and feed it to some wireless Senns...they're wireless...so there's loss...but they're very very good at sounding like there isn't. It works for gaming. But for my test I wanted to test closed cans and brought out the AD5000s (overkill much?) My test was actually on the X1X not the PS4...and I had the Dolby Atmos Headphone plugin switched on and testing AC:Origins (which is Atmos encoded.) I plugged into the Elite running wireless......and those cans highlighted the digital artifacting and compression like no tomorrow. Then I plugged into the Razer Wolverine and it was VERY sharp and clear! Granted the Wolverine may have a good DAC, but they don't market it so it probably doesn't. I assume the Raiju has the same DAC anyway. I didn't try the PS yet, but I was heartened to see in the setup the PS specifically has an option to enable USB audio in wired controllers. Even a cheap controller dac/amp can light up fairly high end cans nicely. I prefer wireless cans for gaming, but if I want top quality it's a good option....it beats running all kinds of wires everywhere! For a headphone user that's reason enough to run wired controllers. Not something I'll use often, but it's cool!

NEStalgia

Dezzy

More Spyro footage:

Oh hey, the difference in colours that I was complaining about (grass was yellower than the original) looks like it's actually been changed. The colours all look like the original now. Cool

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

TuVictus

I've never played the games but seeing that kind of gameplay in modern graphics makes me super hyped

TuVictus

Haruki_NLI

His charge seems a bit fast. Maybe thats just new animations messing with me.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Dezzy

Looks better than the Crash remaster, that's all I know. I'd also say they're much better games.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

redd214

Spyro vid looks awesome, looking forward to the nostalgia trip with those!

redd214

CanisWolfred

Tsurii wrote:

Knuckles-Fajita wrote:

His charge seems a bit fast. Maybe thats just new animations messing with me.

It's almost exactly how it used to be

If anything it looked more manageable - still as fast, but the steering looked tighter than I remember.

Or maybe I just sucked at stopping.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Haruki_NLI

@CanisWolfred It may be because the camera pulls back now, makes it look like youre travelling further when you actually aren't.

Little visual tricks like that mess with my head.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

TuVictus

Untitled

Are there actually papers like this that are printed out for what's gonna be at a conference? Or is it just people looking for convenient ways to fake things? Cuz this isn't really believable anymore. Something like a booth order form makes sense, but a paper that just lists what will be showed and for how long?

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Octane

@MisterPi What does it say? It's probably fake either way though

Octane

TuVictus

Oh I'd definitely put it on the fake pile, haha

it has the usual trappings of KH3 and FF7R. Some odd balls like Bioshock VR for good balance, and the much-wanted bloodborne 2.

But it does raise a question on if we can expect to see the Resident Evil 2 remake at E3. I hope so, cuz rumors have it as a more RE4 type of game, but with the RE7 engine. I would be so down for that.

I also hope we get to see more of that shadows die twice thing from From. If it's bloodborne 2 I'll be over the moon

TuVictus

Grumblevolcano

Sony is doing pre-E3 announcements, starting Wednesday there will be a new game announcement every day up until their conference.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

redd214

@Grumblevolcano damn so E3 is basically a month long from now on lol. Pretty cool they're doing this, give some games that would've probably gotten swallowed up some breathing room. Not expecting any megatons but still cool nonetheless

redd214

TuVictus

Maybe they're starting to do this as leaks become more and more frequent. Can't say I mind, but there will be a certain thing missing from the conferences if we know about everything beforehand. Ah well, such are the times

TuVictus

Octane

@Grumblevolcano @redd214 Here's what's coming:

6th June: New PS4 Game With PSVR Support
7th June: Release Date for an Upcoming Worldwide Studios Title
8th June: New PS4 Game
9th June: New PSVR Game
10th June: An Eagerly Anticipated Game Comes to PSVR

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic