Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 8,861 to 8,880 of 16,084

redd214

June plus games announced, may finally check out Xcom see what the hype is. I loved Kingdom battle which ive heard resembles in.

Edited on by redd214

redd214

TuVictus

Nothing for me this month, but it's okay considering the backlog

TuVictus

Heavyarms55

@redd214 I have used 2 different brands. You aren't the first person to tell me they haven't had an issue, but from what I am reading online, this is a regular problem with HDMI switchers. Something about the "handshake" security feature. Frankly after buying 2 of them with the same fault, occuring at random, across several devices now and 2 different TVs, I am hesitant to trust another.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Heavyarms55

@redd214 For the moment, my solution is hooking up my computer monitor as a second device. Between my TV and monitor that gives me 5 HDMI. It's enough.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Octane

I caved in and got myself a copy of Detroit. Haven't started it yet, but I'm wondering if anyone else has bought the game, any first impressions?

Octane

darkfenrir

@Octane Not sure if you mind first impressions from only watching other people's Let's Play, but so far...

It start off interesting, but I find the story's quality steadily drops down, as well as being too upfront about the problem it's putting out.

And then I still groan at a lot of the problem, and the way they made androids... In general, it's actually pretty decent, until you think about it for a while and realise some things...

Should still be fun though, there's tons of choices to be made, especially out of tutorial

darkfenrir

Gamer83

@Octane
I like it a lot so far, which is shocking because I generally don't like Quantic Dream's games. The story is the best one they've told so far (it's not perfect but having played Heavy Rain and watched playthroughs of Beyond: Two Souls, it could be a lot worse) and I like the world they've created, there's a lot of backstory hidden throughout the more you explore. I love that kind of stuff so it makes it plus. I still don't love the whole feeling that it's mostly quick time events but I also knew that's how it was going be before making the purchase. I'd say if you like cyberpunk universes, this is worth a look but obviously if you're on the fence wait for a sale.

Gamer83

TuVictus

Niiiiice I was worried for a second. I gotta set that on my calendar. Even if you're one of the people to mock those who enjoy this, you can at least benefit by the digital freebies they give out.

EDIT: Well they took out our Miami showing... lame

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

NEStalgia

@redd214 Are they? Wow, they said they weren't! That's surprising.

NEStalgia

redd214

@MisterPi yeah they seemed to have whittled it down a bit from last year. No DC, only one in Texas, only LA for all of California.

In other news. Looks like the next Assassin's Credd may have just leaked. Can always count on Ubisoft to leak something before e3 haha

redd214

Gamer83

I'm hoping the new Assassin's Creed has Aya in the lead. It's all set up to continue her story.

Gamer83

Grumblevolcano

First up we had Assassin's Creed BotW (Origins), then we have Assassin's Creed Odyssey. What's next? Assassin's Creed Let's GO?

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

@Gamer83 Already bought it lol. I found a good deal for €52, so I couldn't resist. But I won't be able to play it until next week unfortunately. I'm definitely into cyberpunk, I liked the demo too, so I figured I was getting it at some point anyway.

Octane

NEStalgia

E3: The annual event where you explore the leaked rumors from the previous month.

Hmm, I love Origins so far....it's the best since the first game, but the first is still best in some regards. But I'm surprised if they try to do another "Ezio Trilogy" out of it. That trilogy had declining sales as it went on. People wanted a new location. Unless her story leaves Egypt, then I guess it makes sense.

Though if it's really Origins and leads to the invention of the Brotherhood in Syria (or I could be missing big spoiler gaps as I'm not done Origins yet), I can picture the story jumping forward a little to between the fall of Rome and the Middle ages. The Arab Expansion maybe, or the Ottomans.

NEStalgia

Dezzy

Ancient Greece is a great setting. Although really similar to the previous one.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Gamer83

@Octane
I also kind of took a shot in the dark on this one. Haven't been a fan of QD's past work but a good demo and a 20% off code for a purchase on the PS Store along with the fact it has a setting I love worked in its favor.

Gamer83

NEStalgia

Am I the only one that has non-stop problems buying things from the PS store with PayPal or what? I had MS store problems as well....MS support walked me through deleting and re-adding blah blah it worked weird, and buying codes (gifts) still doesn't work there (even though it did once) but regular buying, knock wood, has been working. But on the PS store....out of every 20 tries to buy, 19 get rejected with "there was a error encountered". Eventually trying to buy the same cart may work. Sometimes a different browser magically works, sometimes not. Usually I end up having to buy cards on Amazon instead. It's insanely frustrating. If you don't want my money, then give me more for free.

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic