Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 8,721 to 8,740 of 16,083

Haru17

I think the sheer amount of franchise-building in God of War hurt the game for me. I mean it's a great game, but I wouldn't say 'omg 10/10 GOTY.' The story is well done in most moments, I'm just not sure I care about all of the angry men in it. Anyway, there are a lot of red herrings that would lead you to believe God of War 2K18 is a much larger-in-scope game than it actually is. But only like 10% of that stuff pans out in the actual game, establishing what I guess they're going to call 'God of War 2.'

And that's just piteously stupid. But, at least they didn't make it a godforsaken open world game.

@Tsurii The gameplay clips shown so far look promising. I'm sure we'll see more at E3 tho. And – like Doom, Prey, and Wolfenstein – Rage 2 will probably get a demo close to launch.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

TuVictus

Seriously can't wait for the sequel! But for now, I wonder if Sony can manage either another 2018 hit or have one of their 2019 games end up being as good. As of right now it's looking like maybe Spiderman might be the next contender? As long as the game itself is less QTE-looking than the reveal trailer.

My next PS4 game will probably be Dragon's Crown Pro. I've heard nothing but good things about it.

TuVictus

NEStalgia

@MisterPi Not sure what's different in Dragon's Crown Pro from the original Dragon's Crown. I played it on Vita. It was fun, quaint, but it's purely a roguelike, so keep the scope in mind before going into it.

NEStalgia

CanisWolfred

@MisterPi @NEStalgia Well...it's mainly an Arcade Beat 'em up with Randomly generated levels and RPG-like progression. Vanillaware was heavily inspired by the Capcom's D&D arcade games, IIRC. It's got great combat and a lot of replay value, that's for sure. Definitely still feels like a late-'90's Arcade Beat 'em up in terms of movement, mind you, but with Vanillaware's signature visual flair and a deep combo system that's different for each character.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Dezzy

CanisWolfred wrote:

Meanwhile, to the surprise of absolutely no one:

Shenmue III, Metro: Exodus, and Indivisible have all been delayed to 2019.

They probably looked at the second half of 2018 release schedule and crapped themselves and realised they would get almost no attention.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

CanisWolfred

Dezzy wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Meanwhile, to the surprise of absolutely no one:

Shenmue III, Metro: Exodus, and Indivisible have all been delayed to 2019.

They probably looked at the second half of 2018 release schedule and crapped themselves and realised they would get almost no attention.

That might be the case for Metro, but I'm a backer of Indivisible, and they haven't exactly been showing a lot of gameplay progress or playable demoes. And I'm honestly thinking 2019 is generous in Shenmue's case. They're aiming for something pretty big, and even with Sony's backing. I wouldn't expect it to be making enough progress that it could've come out this year. They'd have to be in late stages of development by now, and we'd probably be seeing a larger number of gameplay details and in-depth content outside of Kickstarter if that were the case. It's almost June. If they were aimingfor Fall of this year, we would've seen a bigger marketing push on the level of the other games coming out during that period - maybe not call of Duty-levels, but for Pete's sake, I can find more footage of Metal Max Xeno and Warriors Orochi 4 that I can for Shenmue III...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Haruki_NLI

I'm worried for Shenmue.

Let's be real. Yu Suzuke has not been known for excellent budgeting (Just look at 1 and 2) and then add in that this game only happened because Sony, the current market leader swimming in cash, gave their support to crowdfund this game they could have EASILY funded themselves and have out the door by now.

Not to mention, it has Deep Silver attached to it. Alarm bells should be ringing.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Dezzy

@CanisWolfred

I seem to remember Sony wasn't helping fund it. They helped promote it at E3 and that was all.

CanisWolfred

YummyHappyPills wrote:

I'm worried for Shenmue.

Let's be real. Yu Suzuke has not been known for excellent budgeting (Just look at 1 and 2) and then add in that this game only happened because Sony, the current market leader swimming in cash, gave their support to crowdfund this game they could have EASILY funded themselves and have out the door by now.

Not to mention, it has Deep Silver attached to it. Alarm bells should be ringing.

...Deep Silver has a really good track record. Like, I have and have played a lot of games published by them. I don't know how that could be worrying. Were you expecting Sega instead?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Haruki_NLI

@CanisWolfred They are also responsible for Agents of Mayhem, Saints Row, Metro with the DLC hard modes, Mighty No. 9 and it's anime fan on prom night.

CanisWolfred

YummyHappyPills wrote:

@CanisWolfred They are also responsible for Agents of Mayhem, Saints Row, Metro with the DLC hard modes, Mighty No. 9 and it's anime fan on prom night.

...Yeah, I had a feeling you come back with 2 outta 4 of those. That one Mighty No.9 trailer was bad, but....left-field bad. At very least, I haven't seen anything else even remotely on-par with that. Don't forget that Mighty No. 9 was mismanaged and mismarketed seemingly from day-1, too...

As for Metro's DLC hard mode...I don't remember that one, actually. I vaguely recall Last Light having a Season Pass, but never heard if anything ever came of it.

They published the best two Saint's Row games in the series, that also happened to be the Crack Down sequel I always wanted. End of discussion.

Agents of Mayhem...I don't know what to say there, since I'm not gonna lie, I was so confused as to what that game was supposed to be prior to release that I honestly thought it was a Free-2-play game for a while until someone corrected me. I guess you could argue that one was poorly advertised, and clearly it was rushed out the door when you looked at the final product. I won't make excuses there, but I'm not convinced the same will be said for Shenmue III.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Haruki_NLI

@CanisWolfred Metro, one of them anyway, had a Season Pass and I think something locked behind a pre-order that really shouldn't have been? Something about Ranger mode or something. It was a while ago, led to the Redux editions anyway.

Honestly I can barely trust Deep Silver to advertise after seeing Mighty No. 9. Like....what...the...hell...was that? It's beyond explanation XD

Saints Row you can argue on the merits of given 3 and 4 being so different. That's a matter of taste.

Agents of Mayhem, they screwed the pooch on that one. I thought it was like some kind of hero shooter but no its...poor mans Saints Row kinda but not really but it kinda is and its a mess and just sorta....happened one day.

Dezzy

Well Kingdom Hearts 3 definitely seems to be coming out this year. They've let lots of game journos play the game, which they almost never do very far before release.

My only worry about the game is quite shallow: I think they've already used all of the good Disney worlds, and I'm not that interested in most of the ones they've got left over.

I would've liked to see them go back and use some of the old ones they missed. Like Wind in the Willows or maybe the Black Cauldron.

Edited on by Dezzy

TuVictus

To be honest I just want them to release it so we can finally end that Era of kingdom hearts. I don't want DLC, or any extras that stretch the game out over two years, looking at you ff15. I just want the game, I want to beat it, and I want to finally move on from waiting for the dang thing

TuVictus

Dezzy

They never should've had a continuing story between games with Kingdom Hearts. A lot of people can't remember what the hell's going on.

ValhallaOutcast

Is there a way to use my Switch Pro controller on my PS4

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

ValhallaOutcast

@Ralizah sweet thanks, I could only find the adapter that went the opposite way

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic