Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 8,701 to 8,720 of 16,083

TuVictus

Yeah FF7 will definitely be at E3. No way they have a presser with no FF7, it's pretty much all anyone expects, next to KH3. And yeah, it's been clarified that the translation missed out on the joking nature of the exchange. But ya know, headlines and all that.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Octane

@Peek-a-boo I finished up Gravity Rush 2 and Unravel in the meantime. I didn't enjoy the former like I expected to. The Eta chapter was pretty bad. It's mostly story stuff, but it doesn't explain anything. I'm still left with unanswered questions from the first game

Unravel was quite fun, I still had about four levels left. Firewatch and The Witness took most of my time back in early 2016. But I'm glad I finished it, even if it took me more than two years!

I'm not sure I have the time to play Detroit day one. I'm thinking of starting Bloodborne soon (for real this time).

Anyway, I can safely say God of War is my favourite PS4 game. I cannot wait for the sequel.

Octane

NEStalgia

@diwdiws That may be wise advice. Though sometimes the rough first game in the series can be the most straight forward. I'm still a bit on the fence.

@Peek-a-boo What (as a spoiler) was the gasp moment from the Woods to Yarnham?

@KirbyTheVampire I sometimes wonder about people who really love living in these depressing worlds.... For my money the real world is plenty darn depressing. I'm not sure why I'd want to go out of my way to find something even MORE depressing. Though in my case, I can at least appreciate the gothic wasteland as something pretty different and attractive in a cliche sort of way. My issue with the game was less from the dreary environment (I'm not the biggest fan but it's fascinating enough with how detailed it is to get into somewhat), nor even the difficult combat (so far with that first weapon the "zombie" things are one hit kills, I haven't really faced that extreme challenge yet after I got the weapon (that I still swear I'm not supposed to have), so much as I just don't get the flow of what to do and why. I can't get a "hook" into the game's flow. It feels like a lot of disjointed ideas that never got fully fused together.

NEStalgia

Dezzy

The games I end up liking the most are the ones I have almost no anticipation for but then really surprise me.
I think I need to play God of War because I have no desire to play it at all based on just seeing footage of it, yet the response is so overwhelming.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

TuVictus

@Dezzy That's what I did. The reveal left me feeling like it would be another movie first, game second type of game, but I was pleasantly surprised, as someone that never played any of the GoW games before it. Aside from the PSP one

TuVictus

CanisWolfred

redd214 wrote:

So Rage 2 finally officially revealed. Gameplay being shown tomorrow.

Had to mute the trailer about 15 seconds in, awful music. Looking forward to learning more tomorrow

...I actually like that song. And the band, actually. Got a couple songs from them that I find fun to listen to. Always something about a sharp tonal contrast between lyrics and melody that really intrigues me.

Also, I never played Rage. Got it on PC last year, though. Might see what I can do to get it running at some point. Also, glad this series didn't die out completely just because it was wasn't a huge seller. Big reminder that Bethesda's not like Ubi or EA...even if they do still release stuff with a lot of glitches. Still, with the Mad Max guys working on it, I certainly have more hope for it now...wait, that's another game I haven't gotten to yet...better fix that...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Dezzy

I don't see why Bethesda chose to do Rage 2 rather than Doom 2. Doom seemed to be the only non Fallout Scrolls game they've made that actually sold well.

Haru17

"But if they make this game, then they can't make this game I like ever again!!!"

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

link3710

@Dezzy Given that all sources I've seen point to RAGE 2 having been in development since before Doom even started, I don't think it was an either or decision.

link3710

Dezzy

@Haru17

Was that directed at me? Cos I haven't played Doom OR Rage so have no opinion on which is best. I was talking purely about the economics.

Haru17

@Dezzy Yeah, it's simply that everyone has heard that sort of sentiment on the internet before. Also, ID is co-developing Rage 2 with Avalanche.

But anyway, people are drawing the conclusion that – if they're announcing a sequel month in advance – Bethesda (Softworks) must have something meaty for their E3 (which is the line their PR is talking up). That would point to their flagship studio revealing a new game.

I am a bit worried looking at the sales of Prey, The Evil Within 2, and Wolfenstein II (their 2017). I wonder how the practice of announcing games 4-5 months out affects sales of smaller franchises, especially if BGS is announcing a new IP this year. Elder Scrolls Online, Doom, and Dishonored 2 seem to be their most recent well-performing titles. I am a little worried about the prospect of funding a substantial-sized publisher with sporadic hits, Skyrim ports, and by coasting on the now-distant spike of income from Fallout 4. They'll probably have to change course if BGS' next game doesn't do crazy numbers – something which isn't not a safe bet.

CanisWolfred

Tsurii wrote:

@Dezzy same thing, no? It's not like Bethesda only have one team for shooters/action games. I don't see why they can't have Rage 2 and Doom 2 in the works.

Especially in this modern age where games are massive projects with lots of moving parts and visual detail. DOOM II could be in the works, but if they really were working on Rage 2 to some degree, and now have assistance from another big studio, I can see why that would be shown off first.

Also, good timing, now that I think about it. E3 buzz will be dominating the gaming space in a few weeks, so it's better they show this off now while they can. Hopefully it isn't a Prey 2 situation where it's just using the name for an otherwise unrelated game...though, considering the parallels between Rage and Mad Max that I had seen, I don't think that'll be the case. I'm only worried because its Bethesda publishing, and I'm still bitter about Prey 2 basically being System Shock 3 instead of the awesome Space Bounty Hunter sim I had been waiting years for...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

TuVictus

Just got the bonus cutscene when you go home after the credits

That scene where Thor shows up is so badass. I love that we already know how the beginning of the sequel will start. I especially love the fact that they have a post-final boss end game that serves as a set up for the next game. This must have been how it felt when God of War 2 ended with Gaia taking Kratos directly to Mount Olympus, you already know the next game is starting with a bang.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

redd214

Gameplay trailer for Rage looks good, looking forward to more of a blowout during e3. I've heard so many good things about Mad Max, that may be the next game I pull from the depths of my plus backlog

redd214

CanisWolfred

redd214 wrote:

Gameplay trailer for Rage looks good, looking forward to more of a blowout during e3. I've heard so many good things about Mad Max, that may be the next game I pull from the depths of my plus backlog

Same. Along with the first Rage.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Haruki_NLI

So um...surprised this is happening.

https://kotaku.com/sony-ends-production-of-physical-vita-game...

Well, not because "Oh god they're killing the Vita", let's be real it's been floating in the bathtub for years now, but because...I dont even think you can buy the damn system anymore, not at least for a year or two, nor do I see physical games in stores, which makes me wonder why this wasn't done sooner?

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Haru17

Rage 2 looks pretty good honestly. I only ever watched a let's play of the first game, but one of the things that was really cool was that enemies would react to being shot expressively and the bandit enemy type would – for lack of a better word – parkour around the environment as they rushed you. That seems to be carried over by the combat-rolling dudes in the trailer, but I am worried whether they'll be able to make that level of detail commonplace across an open world.

Nonetheless, vehicle combat is a great addition to any open world game and Bethesda Softworks are promising a variety of vehicle types and even planes. Hopefully it can be a more outlandish version of Far Cry with actual fun shooter mechanics.

Peek-a-boo

@MisterPi I am glad to see that you have finished the game too. That brief scene upon arriving home is unbearably teasing, and it makes me want the sequel now!

Untitled

I turned my Switch on for the first time in a month, and I feel absolutely no compulsion to play anything.

God of War has (momentarily) killed games for me...

Peek-a-boo

CanisWolfred

Meanwhile, to the surprise of absolutely no one:

Shenmue III, Metro: Exodus, and Indivisible have all been delayed to 2019. Three games that hadn't been showing off a lot of progress, and were going for very complex gameplay styles and/or environments...yeah, I can see that. Metro I honestly thought was announced for 2019 back in E3. Oh well.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic