Forums

Topic: The PlayStation 4 Fan Thread

Posts 8,741 to 8,760 of 9,590

MisterPi

I'm playing on give me a challenge for my first play through. It lives up to the name. Can't count how many times I've accidentally activated skills or runes just by holding the controller too tense during a fight

MisterPi

Knuckles-Fajita

Some interesting sales stats on Crash and Spyro.

Crash was the 3rd best selling game in Italy at retail in 2017, ahead of Horizon, GT Sport, and every Nintendo game, despite Nintendo posting record system sales - they just cant compete on software.

Further, here in the UK on Amazon, Spyro and Crash are filling the chart.

Spyro PS4 - 2nd
Crash PS4 - 23rd
Crash NS - 27th
Spyro XB - 39th
Crash XB - 76th

Honestly given its the UK, I expected Crash to sell more on Xbox but...okay. That's....an interesting tidbit. PS4 still ruling the roost though.

and the Mario Tennis Aces - NL Inklings: Grand Slam Tournament (August 18th)!

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Peek-a-boo

@Octane Where are you up to?

Just been told I have made a ‘grave mistake’ after defeating a certain boss...

My partner watches a medical programme every Monday evening and I was so, so sad that I had to stop just as the story beats were beginning to gel together between Kratos and ‘boy’.

The last time I felt a strong compulsive urge to finish school and rush home to play a game was Bloodborne and The Last of Us. I absolutely love the Metroidvania style of the game too, which gradually opens up after four or five hours of play. And the axe! I just never get tired of calling it back to me...

Peek-a-boo

Octane

@Peek-a-boo I've put quite a few hours into it already. I was at the part you mention last Thursday or Friday. I think I'm two-thirds into it, but it's hard to say!

Anything I want to say will contain spoilers, so I'll keep my impressions and opinions for another time!

Octane

Grumblevolcano

Detroit Become Human has a demo out now on Europe PSN, don't know about NA.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano I'm still so hyped for that game. Can't wait to hear how people react to the demo. I suspect the game will be an overwhelming disappointment, but I just can't not get hyped.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Peek-a-boo You know, I finally got to try Bloodborne since it was free last month (what's with Sony releasing all these 1st party exclusives for free? It's so cool...but also makes me think "why buy GoW when it might be free by next year?") I ended up paying for R&C just before it was free....grrr.....great game though.

Anyway, I can't quite get into it. I got to the first room with the wolf thing.....got butchered...spawned somewhere else....have no idea what's going on....and then just kind of went back to Hitman and gave Mad Max a spin (which is amazingly not as bad as I imagined!)

NEStalgia

MisterPi

Kratos' interactions with the second dwarf brother are my favorite of the game so far, but I'm still early in. Stupid finals.

I'm very impressed by the color pallette the game has. It's like Nintendo art style had a baby with western art style

MisterPi

Octane

@NEStalgia I liked the demo more than I expected. I'll wait for previews/reviews first, I want to know if it's a short game with only a handful of levels, or if there's a good amount of content. I can definitely see myself playing levels over and over to unlock all the paths. The only weird thing is that the main action button seems to be the right analog stick, the same stick that is used to control the camera. But it works surprisingly well... But it makes me wonder why it isn't mapped to the X or any other face button... And it uses the touch pad, hurray!

@MisterPi Yeah, I love the dwarfs. Sindri especially. Their animations and voice acting are superb, it's like I'm watching a high quality animation short whenever I encounter them.

Octane

NEStalgia

@Octane Cool to know! I suspect like most modern games it will be short with a few missions then 5 different $19.99 DLC packs spread over 8 months, yet incoherently displayed in a way that I can't even tell what it is that's for sale. Makes me want to hit someone in the face with a brick shaped object. Made of brick.

NEStalgia

Dezzy

This gave me many enjoyment:

Video is entitled "Why wearing cone-shaped metal hats is a bad idea"

Edited on by Dezzy

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

MisterPi

"owowowowowowowowowowowow"

MisterPi

Dezzy

I assume the sound effects were added.

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

Ralizah

The Golden Week Sale is live on PSN. It's really impressive. I managed to snag a month of PS+, Nier: Automata, and Cosmic Star Heroine for $40 with the help of a handy-dandy 20% off coupon.

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

CanisWolfred

I keep waiting for a physical copy of Nier: Automata to go below $30...and I'm starting to think that's never gonna happen...buuuut that's what I said about the original Nier, and eventually I did get it for around $20 I think? It took about 6 years, but it was worth it....

NEStalgia wrote:

@Peek-a-boo You know, I finally got to try Bloodborne since it was free last month (what's with Sony releasing all these 1st party exclusives for free? It's so cool...but also makes me think "why buy GoW when it might be free by next year?") I ended up paying for R&C just before it was free....grrr.....great game though.

Anyway, I can't quite get into it. I got to the first room with the wolf thing.....got butchered...spawned somewhere else....have no idea what's going on....and then just kind of went back to Hitman and gave Mad Max a spin (which is amazingly not as bad as I imagined!)

So what you're saying is: You didn't even finish Bloodborne's tutorial. Because that's what that was. The tutorial. You weren't supposed to win that fight, and you'll learn how to fight it after the next sequence.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

-Green-

I wrote out a long post, but for some reason it didn't post.

TLDR:
w/ simple/effective premise writers made me like Kratos more, by giving him foil and making him new character. I'll buy it in a few months, b/c I spent too much money on games and I promised myself the next vidya gam I get would be DS Remastered. Gotta exercise some self control.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

MisterPi

Geez. That's way too excessive

MisterPi

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic