Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 7,841 to 7,860 of 16,083

Ralizah

Can also vouch for SOMA being thought-provoking science fiction. I really loved the game's exploration of the nature of self-identity in a world where human consciousness can be easily copied from one medium to another.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

CanisWolfred

W00t! I finally installed a new hard drive into my PS4, upgrading from the 500 GB standard (which I'm still surprised at how small it felt once install sizes were factored in), to a 2TB hard drive. Hopelly that gives me some more mileage, since there are a ton of games I'd love to get around to.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

Pardon the double post, but I need to get this outta my system:

I was super excited for BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle, to the point where I even started watching RWBY, whom some of the characters are pulled from (It's...alright. Pacing in the first season is all over the place, though), but....it looks like I'll have plenty of time for that. They just announced that literally half of the game's cast will be DLC - HALF!!!

And it's launching with 20 characters. That's not terrible, mind you, but it's a crossover of 4 different properties, and it barely feels like any of each property is being represented. In fact, it's really lopsided right now. 10 of those 20 are from BlazBlue, while there's only 4 characters from Persona 4: Arena, and 4 from Under Night In-Birth. Last I checked, RWBY's very name is an acronym for the 4 main heroes of the story, yet only 2 of them are featured in the base game, with a third being the first confirmed DLC character. Mind you, they're also the new characters on the block that have to be designed from scratch, but c'mon! Now it went from feeling like a side project while the rest of Team Blue focuses on their new project, to coming off as a total cash-grab.

I guess that's another game where I'll be waiting for the complete edition to come out before I even think of buying it...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Malcrash

I'm pretty excited to get back into Street Fighter V with Arcade Edition hitting tuesday. Capcom really is doing alot to pull me back into that game and it is indeed working.

@CanisWolfred Yeah, I heard about that too. Arc System Works doe not have the best DLC practices but this is just borderline Street Fighter X Tekken levels of disaster all over again with Blazblue.

Malcrash

Twitter:

spizzamarozzi

I need advice on a PS3 game. A few months ago I played Red Dead Redemption (the basic version) and I kinda liked it. Now, I know there's a standalone addendum to it called Undead Nightmare, so I was wondering if it's worth getting for the single player mode alone. Price would be in the 8 - 11 €/$ range, which is alright by my standards but I don't want to end up with something that lasts 4 hours, as I could get a full game for that price. Thanks in advance.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

Octane

@spizzamarozzi According to How Long to Beat, it takes somewhere between 7 and 10 hours. You can do it under 6 hours if you rush it, but if you take your time to do everything, it can take up to 20 hours.

Octane

CanisWolfred

@Malcrash I almost pre-ordered Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition several times this week, only for other things to come up. Which works out, I guess, since it turns out I still have Street Fighter V. I dunno how I missed that fact.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

spizzamarozzi

Octane wrote:

@spizzamarozzi According to How Long to Beat, it takes somewhere between 7 and 10 hours. You can do it under 6 hours if you rush it, but if you take your time to do everything, it can take up to 20 hours.

cheers. I usually don't rush through games, so that sounds good. I usually don't 100%' them either, but I liked RDR enough to 100% it, so if this expansion has the same level of attention to detail, it's going to last me more than average.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

Dezzy

Finally got around to playing "Inside".

That's quite the little gem of a game. So well made and designed. Definitely better than Limbo overall.

The final part of the "story" didn't seem clear to me though, until I looked it up what it was supposed to mean.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

-Green-

Continuing in Bloodborne. Bosses like Ebrietas are awful. Their attacks are cheap and poorly done.

Not even salty. Beat her on my third try by wacking her endlessly on her side while ignoring all her dumbness. It didn't really feel rewarding though. I think I much more prefer bosses like Gerhman and Amelia. Aka bosses who I can see visibly and consistently do their attacks without getting one shot.

Simplistically listed, I'd say:
Cleric Beast: Good
Gascoigne: Good
Amelia: Good
Witches: Meh/Semi-Bad
Shadows: Average/Semi-Good
Rom: Boring/Bad
Amygdala: Average/Semi-Good
One Reborn: Bad/Slideshow
Micolash: Boring/Bad
Logarious: Good
Wet Nurse: Average
Gerhman: Good
Celestial Emissaries: Meh/Funny
Ebrietas: Meh/Semi-Average
Ludwig: Good
Living Failures: Meh/Average
Maria: Good

(The Chalice bosses are sort of whatever so far).

Edit: Forgot Blood-Starved Beast. I died most to it, and it's lunge is kind of cheap, but reasonably avoidable. Probably around Average/Good. Difficult at the beginning.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

darkfenrir

Small question, if I'm aiming to only play around like, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Persona 5, and the future Catherine: Full Body, is PS4 Slim going to be enough or do I need to cough up to the normal PS4?

(Asking since even around $80 saving can go to the game instead...)

darkfenrir

TuVictus

Well, the PS4 slim is the same power as a regular ps4. No game requires the Pro, but those who own one will probably see some minor improvements. Nothing I would say you need for any of those games. I've heard good things about horizon on the pro, though

TuVictus

darkfenrir

Ahh, gotcha. My main aim is P5 and Catherine nonetheless, so as long as it's all smooth on the PS4 Slim then I can start saving for that... Easier once you have concrete aim, y'know XD

Thanks for the answer!

darkfenrir

Ralizah

@darkfenrir All of your games will play fine on PS4 Slim. As was said, it's functionally identical to the vanilla model.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Dezzy

@darkfenrir

Did you buy a Slim thinking that it was worse than the regular PS4?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

darkfenrir

@Dezzy No, haven't bought it yet, but I somehow got it into my head that it's somehow worse since it's "cheaper" option, I guess. That's why I asked to clarify it

darkfenrir

Octane

@darkfenrir Slim is the new vanilla PS4. The old model is being phased out. It has the same internals, it's just a bit smaller.

Octane

Octane

Cyberpunk 2077 coming to E3 2018!

Octane

Tasuki

darkfenrir wrote:

Small question, if I'm aiming to only play around like, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Persona 5, and the future Catherine: Full Body, is PS4 Slim going to be enough or do I need to cough up to the normal PS4?

(Asking since even around $80 saving can go to the game instead...)

Slim and the launch PS4 are exactly the same. Not quite sure if you mean a slim and pro but right now the only thing the pro offers is games will look better and load faster but there are no certain games for pro. It's not like PSVR for example.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic