Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 7,861 to 7,880 of 16,083

darkfenrir

Got it, thank you for all the answer guys o_o)

darkfenrir

Dezzy

Octane wrote:

Cyberpunk 2077 coming to E3 2018!

I saw the rumours. Very excited for it.
FF7 remake rumoured to be at E3 too. Sounds like it will be a hell of a lot better than last year's.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Gamer83

So, the huge Street Fighter V Arcade Edition update is finally out (free if you already own the game) and it's actually pretty damn good. Took two years but at least we have a real SF game this gen.

Gamer83

CanisWolfred

@Gamer83 Oh yeah, the arcade mode had a lot more effort put into it than I expected. I'm still bummed by how much I'm gonna have to grind before I can afford to keep Sakura, especially after seeing how great she is in this iteration (and she was already great before! Seriously, I can't handle the other Ryu clones, or even Ryu himself, but Sakura just works. It's like all the others are just worse versions of Sakura. I don't get her second V-Skill, though...). And I still haven't gotten the rest of the Season 2 characters...I only got 3 of 'em...

....why did I pre-order this game back in 2015? There's absolutely no reason why playing fighting games should feel like a sloggy grind. The only benefit is that it got me to play every character a few times so I can better appreciate how they play, before I completely ignore them because Karin, Cammy, R. Mika, and now Sakura are the best characters ever made. Ever.

Although, Ed does seem like a pretty cheezy PoS that I can use to get through Hard Survival mode...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Haru17

If Witcher 4: Witch Harder shows up at E3 this year it'll be just in time to make its 2022 launch.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Dezzy

They've said pretty categorically that Geralt's story is over. But they did say they'd consider reusing the world and lore for another character.

I usually think that's a mistake. Better off creating something new instead. Unless you want to do something directly connected like a Ciri game.

Octane

@Dezzy I think that's what they're doing right now. Gwent for example, is a spin-off in a very loose sense. But their next new big game is Cyberpunk 2077.

Anyway, I could see them doing another Witcher series eventually, maybe something that's a bit closer to the books. That could be interesting. They've got the rights anyway.

Octane

Haru17

Cyberpunk is The Witcher 4 because it's prolly gonna play the same.

Dezzy

Why would it play the same? It's sci-fi not fantasy. It'll have different weapons and fighting mechanics no doubt.
The world will be entirely different so how you explore it will be different. And the story will be different so will involve entirely different gameplay scenarios.

NEStalgia

@darkfenrir Sony always has a "Slim" model a few years into a generation that is basically a cheaper to produce version of the original that is smaller, lighter, typically runs cooler due to newer smaller die process chip manufacture (which is usually why it's cheaper.) Usually it has some every so slightly upgraded internals, inside a cheaper looking/feeling shell. Think of it as "PS4 Revision 2." It's just the current PS4 model that's less flashy, bulky, and costs less. (Same for XBox 1S versus XBox 1, and New 3DS compared to 3DS, except that had more notable "upgrade" features.) You can't actually get an original PS4 anymore via standard retail, as it's the old discontinued model (with THE. WORST. BUTTONS. EVER.)

Pro and 1X on the other hand are "step up" models that add more performance, mostly 4k output, but also possible slight improvement in visuals, framerates, and better load time (my personal selling feature.) 1X is actually weird because it's more a full upgrade, where Pro is more like an overclocked PS4.

NEStalgia

darkfenrir

@NEStalgia Thank you for the detailed answer! Considering I never owned anything out of Sony's Gaming Department other than PSVita, I kinda don't realise that. Seems it's a pure upgrade then.

(I asked because the retail over here still have it in stock, well, it's bundled with a game I'm not interested in, but still there nonetheless).

darkfenrir

Octane

@Haru17 Based on what? The fact that all their games play the same? Which isn't a weird thing, considering all they've made so far is three Witcher games...

Horizon Zero Dawn played nothing like Killzone, and that was Guerilla Games' second IP too.

Octane

NEStalgia

@darkfenrir Vita went through a similar process, actually. The much more quiet "revision 2" changed the body shape for the better, slightly bumped the internals, and finally supported a standard USB charger rather than the odd proprietary thing the PCH1000, and made button placement improvements, BUT at the terrible cost of replacing the very special OLED display with a generic LCD display. That was one of the uglier product revisions I've seen where a key feature was removed.

Nintendo used to do these things more in the retro days in NA. The NA "toaster slot" gray NES was replaced later with an NES featuring a top-load slot like the Famicom rather than the problem prone toaster (iconic as it was.) And the boxy purple NA SNES was eventually replaced by a slight recolor of the international Super Famicom. But Since N64 Nintendo doesn't really do revisions unless we count the Wii Mini (after the Wii was done), or the DS/DSi/DSLite and 3DS/N3DSwhich was more like the Pro than the Slim.

But yep, with Sony, always count on a "Slim" about 2-3 years into a new console gen that refreshes the original hardware and drops the price. And while looking and feeling less premium often fixes issues with the original (seriously the power and eject buttons on the original or "Fat" (or "The Eraser" since the design looked like a giant pencil eraser....) version were awful. Capacitive contact switches that were located in easy to hit places. I often ended up hitting eject by tapping it with something and not knowing for DAYS the thing was non-stop trying to eject a disc and blowing hot air! Your Slim will have real honest to goodness push buttons. That was the single best feature switching to Pro gave me as well. But I still use my annoying contact sensitive Eraser as well. )

NEStalgia

darkfenrir

@NEStalgia haha, yeah! I remember people saying that the reiteration is worse than the 'Phat' Vita. Maybe that's why I think of Slim as something worse than the original xP

(Had the original vita at the time so I just ignore the slim existence even though it looks nicer to hold to bhe honest).

Nonetheless have been seeing PS4 slim for 273,5 USD over here. [Saving intensifies as I look at prices]

darkfenrir

NEStalgia

@darkfenrir same! Everything about slim Vita is better than the original, except the screen.... And since the screen was one of the biggest selling points of vita, it's seemed like an awful downgrade to be. But ps4 slim doesn't suffer that downgrade....poor Vita.

NEStalgia

darkfenrir

@NEStalgia Vita always get the flak I like it, but it's just... I wish it's cared for by Sony more Q_Q

darkfenrir

Haru17

@Octane Guerilla made first-person shooters and they went on to make a third-person shooter. Moreover, they're a studio that's actually competent at creating action, which Project with a K is definitely not.

It's probably gonna play like the Witcher. Did you see the blades on the tortured robot lady? Also, Witcher 3 had a crossbow, so there are your rudimentary shooter controls.

NEStalgia

Generic PSN+ question: if your subscription lapses, even for a week, and then you renew, are all your "Free games" in your library gone? I always believed it worked that way, but wanted to check.

NEStalgia

Octane

@NEStalgia Don't believe so. Whenever you subscribe again, you get access to all the games you previously got through PS+.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic