Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 441 to 460 of 16,083

kkslider5552000

Final Fantasy XV looked insane. There might be hope for the series yet. Considering my wish to have Monolith Soft be the new king of JRPGs, I'm not sure how to feel about this.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

irken004

SCAR392 wrote:

TysonOfTime wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

How do you guys think Xbox One looks now? Was all that trash talking legit on the Xbox One hardware?
Does it come with an harddrive or anything? $400 is in the same zone as Wii U when it comes to pricing, so I'm wondering what's all included, and if the strategy is sound.

It all seems x100 better than the Xbone.
Yeah.

You didn't really answer my question...

Does anyone know if a game comes with it, and whether Sony is selling it a a loss?

There's a large number of free-to-play games releasing on it. PS+ users get driveclub free.

SCRAPPER392

irken004 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

TysonOfTime wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

How do you guys think Xbox One looks now? Was all that trash talking legit on the Xbox One hardware?
Does it come with an harddrive or anything? $400 is in the same zone as Wii U when it comes to pricing, so I'm wondering what's all included, and if the strategy is sound.

It all seems x100 better than the Xbone.
Yeah.

You didn't really answer my question...

Does anyone know if a game comes with it, and whether Sony is selling it a a loss?

There's a large number of free-to-play games releasing on it. PS+ users get driveclub free.

Hmmm, ok. I was surprised that PS+ is basically required now.
IMO, that guarantees an Xbox One win, because that's really the only thing people complained about when it comes to Xbox Live.
We still need to see more, but PS4 sounds like it's creeping closer and closer to everything people complained about on Xbox One.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

CanisWolfred

I'm fine with Playstation Plus being required for online knowing I don't play games online anymore, but it's the worst move Sony made in a while. Guessing those Gakai servers aren't cheap...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SCRAPPER392

CanisWolfred wrote:

I'm fine with Playstation Plus being required for online knowing I don't play games online anymore, but it's the worst move Sony made in a while. Guessing those Gakai servers aren't cheap...

Xbox One has cloud, too. The difference is the 'free' games, but Microsoft will probably have free to play games, anyway.
Even if you play a free to play game offline, they can still make money on assumingly worthwhile DLC that won't require you to have a subscription.
In otherwords, the free to play games are tied to the PS+ subscription, while Xbox One's aren't.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

banacheck

SCAR392 wrote:

The PS4 price is $399.99/£349.99 also it does not have the anti-used game restrictions like Microsoft and it can play totally offline. It has some really good games also Kingdom of hearts 3 is coming to the PS4, & The Elder Scrolls Online Coming to PlayStation 4 which i didn't expect. Not sure what it comes with or the HDD size but you find out soon anyway, one bad point for some you'll need PS+ for just online gaming but otherwise everything is very good.

banacheck

Midnight3DS

All the consoles have flaws. Some flaws just stick out way much more.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

FOREST_RANGER

Wait, so now a PS+ subscription is required now for online multiplayer?? Not surprised.

After getting a brief look at the new PSN, I wondered how and where they would make money out of it. The service looks like it needs much more bandwidth and compute than the current version, which costs money

Edited on by FOREST_RANGER

Formely known as bobbiKat

Nintendo Network ID: F0R35T_R8NG3R

banacheck

The best thing about this PS+ subscription only for online gaming is that the PSN will be improved, plus there is extra stuff for PS+.

banacheck

SCRAPPER392

@Waveboy
Nintendo won't have to lower the price to compete. The Wii U is still worth $350. That extra $50 for the PS4 is the HDD.
That's also why they're charging for online now.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

moomoo

SCAR392 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Xbox One has cloud, too. The difference is the 'free' games, but Microsoft will probably have free to play games, anyway.
Even if you play a free to play game offline, they can still make money on assumingly worthwhile DLC that won't require you to have a subscription.
In otherwords, the free to play games are tied to the PS+ subscription, while Xbox One's aren't.

For what its worth, Microsoft seems to be doing the free game thing too. You can get Fable 3 right now for free if you have XBL Gold, and other games will be coming for free too (Microsoft mentioned Assassin's Creed 2 and Halo 3).
Granted, for XB One, yeah, probably not.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

irken004

I'm guessing that IGN misinterpreted that whole PS+ required bit. From the way it sounded in the conference, they mention online play merely as a perk of the system, not a PS+ requirement.

irken004

Swiket wrote:

irken004 wrote:

I'm guessing that IGN misinterpreted that whole PS+ required bit. From the way it sounded in the conference, they mention online play merely as a perk of the system, not a PS+ requirement.

Untitled

It's a PS+ requirement.

Still worth it, Plus is a huge value that I've been meaning to get sometime soon

CanisWolfred

WaveBoy wrote:

Looks like Nintendo will have to knock off $50 or so with the Wii U.

I agree. Even if they have to phase out the Basic set to do it, Nintendo needs to widen the price gap a bit, though the free online is a price point in its favor.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic