Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 461 to 480 of 16,083

Jaz007

SCAR392 wrote:

irken004 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

TysonOfTime wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

How do you guys think Xbox One looks now? Was all that trash talking legit on the Xbox One hardware?
Does it come with an harddrive or anything? $400 is in the same zone as Wii U when it comes to pricing, so I'm wondering what's all included, and if the strategy is sound.

It all seems x100 better than the Xbone.
Yeah.

You didn't really answer my question...

Does anyone know if a game comes with it, and whether Sony is selling it a a loss?

There's a large number of free-to-play games releasing on it. PS+ users get driveclub free.

Hmmm, ok. I was surprised that PS+ is basically required now.
IMO, that guarantees an Xbox One win, because that's really the only thing people complained about when it comes to Xbox Live.
We still need to see more, but PS4 sounds like it's creeping closer and closer to everything people complained about on Xbox One.

They win because they require it too with an inferior service? It will upset some people, but Xbox One will have weaker online and will lose in that sector. That doesn't make Xbox One win anything.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

Jaz007

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

So. Final Fantasy XV looks... Incredible.

I agree 100%. I can't wait for that game, I was so excited while I was watching that trailer.

Jaz007

Aviator

To all the Aussies here, Sony has confirmed that the PS4 will be available at $549.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

SCRAPPER392

@Jaz007
Inferior internet? It costs less for Xbox Live now, and they still have free to play options available that are actually free.
The ONLY downside to Xbox One is going online every 24 hours, and we still don't know the details.
Please explain how Sony's online is better.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Jaz007

SCAR392 wrote:

@Jaz007
Inferior internet? It costs less for Xbox Live now, and they still have free to play options available that are actually free.
The ONLY downside to Xbox One is going online every 24 hours, and we still don't know the details.

How much does Xbox live cost now?
How is it better, lets see, the social feature, free games, and discounts have outclassed what XBL will be offering. Where does it say you need PS Plus to play FTP games? I missed that.

Jaz007

irken004

Jaz007 wrote:

Where does it say you need PS Plus to play FTP games? I missed that.

Check a few posts back. Idk if it applies to free-to-play games.

Edited on by irken004

Mickamott

Before the show I was leaning towards PS4 as my No. 2 console, but I said I wouldn't get it until it dropped below $400. Because of the $399 price tag, and confirmation of Kingdom Hearts III, and Final Fantasy XV, I am happy to say I will be getting a PS4 this fall!

I'll have a tall glass of milk, iced.
Add me!

3DS Friend Code: 1993-7490-6080 | Nintendo Network ID: Mickamott | Twitter:

SCRAPPER392

Jaz007 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Jaz007

How is it better, lets see, the social feature, free games, and discounts have outclassed what XBL will be offering. Where does it say you need PS Plus to play FTP games? I missed that.

You're mixed up, bro. Xbox Live will still cost as much as it does on Xbox 360. We know this, because Xbox 360 will still be supported off of the same subscription. Xbox One will have social features, too. Did you even watch the first Xbox One announcement? They were 'skyping' in splitscreen mode.
Everybody has free to play games. Sony will be charging an extra $10 for free to play. Is it confirmed that you can play DriveClub without PS+?

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

irken004

SCAR392 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Jaz007

You're mixed up, bro. Xbox Live will still cost as much as it does on Xbox 360. We know this, because Xbox 360 will still be supported off of the same subscription. Xbox One will have social features, too. Did you even watch the first Xbox One announcement? They were 'skyping' in splitscreen mode.
Everybody has free to play games. Sony will be charging an extra $10 for free to play. Is it confirmed that you can play DriveClub without PS+?

Driveclub's available to buy as a regular retail release. PS+ simply adds it to the Instant Game Collection for download, where other PS+ games are included (8 of which are added just from this month alone).

Phatosaurus

SCAR392 wrote:

@Jaz007

Going online every 24 hours to play games you own...used game restrictions and the £429 price tag.

Those are BIG downsides.

I'm bias. I'll admit that. I had already made my mind up that I wasn't going to get a Xbone more than a year ago because of how they turned the 360 from a games console into a billboard advertisement.
The press conference (and their show last month) has just given me valid reasons not to own a Xbone.

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

Peach64

I just got done watching the Sony conference, and wow! The Kingdom Hearts 3 announcement actually made me cheer out loud, and I've not done that since Twilight Princess! Fantastic news on the price too. I'm pretty sure only their own supply is going to limit their sales this holiday. They're going to sell every unit they make, and I'm not sure the same will be true for MS.

Peach64

banacheck

I think we all knew the PS4 would be region-free with a swap-out HDD, but it's good to here Sony confirm this.

banacheck

GamecubeMan

That seems crazy from a Nintendo fanboy's eyes. No stupid region locked consoles?!?!? That seems almost too go to be true! I got to be honest, Sony has done a really good job at presenting the their next gen console. I kind want a PS4 first..... then a Wii U!!! What am I saying?!?!? Forgive me Reggie.....

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

mookysam

The price is very pleasing and the hardware is more powerful than the xbox one. Then there's the ability to play completely offline, not have every activity monitered by a spy cam, the ability to share games without restriction, buy used, rent, and retain full ownership of games I've purchased.

As for the games, Final Fantasy XV looks brilliant and I'm very excited for KH3. Looking forward to what Sony's first party studios can produce (beyond what was shown). I will certainly purchase in time for FFXV.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Jaz007

SCAR392 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Jaz007

You just said "it costs less for Xbox Live now" which is why I asked. It hasn't been confirmed that free to play games require PS Plus either. I have a computer for Skype, I mean they haven't matched Sony's gaming social features. You can takeover for a friend if they are having trouble in game over the Internet, a feature that Xbox One doesn't have. I also have a computer for Skype, but not for taking over for a friend in his game.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

Neoproteus

I'm still not sold on either new console. Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3 were games I bought my PS3 for! Now I'm told I have to buy the next thing instead and still no mention of The Last Guardian. By the time the best games come out, the PS4 will have had a price drop. I'm not saying it'll be a failure or anything at this point, it's just that I can't see the best games coming out for a looong time. If they announce Jak 4, Legend of Dragoon 2, or package in a Move, sold. I don't see that happening anymore though...

My wife was sold when she saw the Kingdom Hearts logo though...

Neoproteus

HandheldGuru97

I will admit this system looks very interesting not sold on it yet completely, but Kingdom Hearts lll looks mighty nice...

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
The New 3DS XL is amazing, soon the NX will be upon us!
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ha...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

banacheck

Neoproteus

I wouldn't count on that as there are 140 games in development 40 of them games are PS4 exclusive's, except to see a lot more games coming in Q1 2014.

Edited on by banacheck

banacheck

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic