Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 3,301 to 3,320 of 16,083

Gamer83

@WebHead
Cool. Post some impressions. I was thinking about snagging that for the Xbox One.

Gamer83

Tasuki

JaxonH wrote:

Why is no one talking about the PS4's new top-rated gem?

But I have been talking alot about Overwatch, just over at Pushsquare.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Shinion

I've had Valkyria Chronicles for a while on PS3 but not gotten past on of the earlier levels with a tank. I should've gave it another go really, as a big Fire Emblem fan I can see myself liking it.

Shinion

Ralizah

I think a lot of people who cared about VC already bought the remaster on PC years back. Me included.

@Peek-a-boo Those screenshots are unbelievable. It looks like real life.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

banacheck

Uncharted 4 is phenomenal I also love the multiplayer, it was a wise move on Naughty Dogs part to go with 60fps for the multiplayer. I am getting Doom tomorrow, Uncharted 4 & Doom shows what can be done with these consoles graphics & performance wise. That's why it's so annoying seeing other games with preference issues or very low-end graphics still at 30fps.

banacheck

Peek-a-boo

@Gamer83 If an inconsistent frame rate bothers you, whereby it stumbles between 40-50fps quite frequently, then you may wish to buy DOOM on the PlayStation 4.

I believe some technical analysis article on Eurogamer shows just how good DOOM on the PlayStation 4 consistently maintains 60fps and in 1080p compared to the hit-and-miss performance on the Xbox One.

Unfortunately, I have far too many games to play (and complete) to worry about DOOM at the moment.

Peek-a-boo

Gamer83

@Peek-a-boo
Thanks. I'll look into that. Trying to decide between Doom, MLB The Show or if I should just wait for Mirror's Edge.

Gamer83

Gamer83

Well...
Untitled
Couldn't resist anymore.

Gamer83

Peek-a-boo

@Gamer83 Okay, that was funny!

'Shall I buy DOOM, MLB The Show 16 or wait for Mirror's Ed ... '

shows photo of DOOM

I thoroughly hope you enjoy the game.

I still don't like that generic box art though. I believe there's a BRILLIANT artwork on the reversible sleeve.

Peek-a-boo

Gamer83

@Peek-a-boo
Untitled

Sorry about the glare, but yeah, I like that better than the main boxart.

Gamer83

WebHead

Doom is GOAT

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Gamer83

I've been getting my ass handed to me in a few parts, but it's my fault. I have to re-adjust my play style. FPS for pansies like Halo and Call of Duty have really hurt my skills. I used to be pretty decent at the Doom games. I'm getting better but I have needed to revert back to that mindset I used to have. Hiding won't save you here. I wonder what the people raised on stuff like Halo and Call of Duty think. It's definitely the best FPS I've played in a long time and it's nice to see a brilliant return to form. Fast, frantic and fun.

Gamer83

RR529

So, do you think Kingdom Hearts III will be the first game since KHII to get a new theme song, if so do you think it'll still be by Utada Hikaru, and do you think we will hear it for the first time during the game's E3 trailer?

I know it may seem like an odd inquiry, but I actually really like both Simple & Clean and Sanctuary (they're always amongst the first songs I download when I get a new mobile device, lol).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Peek-a-boo

Sony and their E3 conference begins two weeks today.

The question on everybody's lips is will they be able to top what was arguably the best E3 conference of all time.

Untitled

I would be happy to see what the team at Japan Studio are up to, with the likes of Gravity Rush 2, the new Hot Shots Golf, The Last Guardian and The Tomorrow Children.

The small team who created both Puppeteer and Rain in the golden years of the PlayStation 3 are also expected to show their little game too.

I would LOVE to see a new LocoRoco or Patapon, or even the return of the terrifying Siren series.

I guess both the PS4K (or 'Neo') and PSVR are expected to be shown however, it's the games that I want to see the most.

I am not overly fussed about graphics in general, but I genuinely cannot wait to see what kind of visuals wizardry that Santa Monica Studio are up to!

We shall also find out if Sucker Punch (inFAMOUS series) are doing the new Spider-Man game too!

Not got long to wait now.

Peek-a-boo

Shinion

@Peek-a-boo Did somebody actually make that... What is it like a banner? About a video game conference... I mean don't get me wrong, I do still enjoy E3 as much as the next guy but some peoples' dedication to these sorts of things goes beyond feverish when I see that things like this are a reality. It plays into the whole 'hype train' circus that I'm past (maybe not for Zelda lol) and there's a correlation I feel between things like this and the more unfortunate aspects of hype... Imagine if these games turned out to be bad? I mean death threats are being sent over delays nowadays so I dread to imagine that reality...

Whatever floats peoples' boats I suppose so long as there's no insanity like a section of the No Man's Sky fanbase. Though who can say really?

My hopes? Ni No Kuni 2, Ni No Kuni 2 and maybe show Ni No Kuni 2 as well Sony? I'll make two banners if you give it some time in the limelight, possibly even 3 if there's a 2016 release date given

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

Peek-a-boo

@TheLastLugia The story behind the banner shown above is that it was someone's dream to see all three of those mystical games at E3 last year, and was actually made BEFORE the conference itself!

Imagine how that person felt afterwards!

For me, E3 is an annual event in which you'll feel an inevitable sense of both happiness and disappointment from all three companies.

Last year, Nintendo were fairly ho-hum, Microsoft did quite well with their surprise backwards compatibility announcement whilst Sony literally threw the kitchen sink, and more, at their event.

I too am looking forward to the sequel to Ni No Kuni!

Untitled

Peek-a-boo

Shinion

@Peek-a-boo Props to that person then, it is a nice looking banner and it goes without saying that it's a good thing when people are made happy. Though I'd prefer to wait until I've played on such-and-such a game before I elevate it to 'mystical' status, or words to that effect. As far as those three games are concerned, I've never played Shenmue so have 0 opinions on it one way or the other, I'm still a newbie to the FF series and I am not one to be excited for remakes or Square-Enix games in general though I do have a considerable amount of anticipation for The Last Guardian, having played the two previous games from Ueda. ICO I didn't get, Shadow of The Colossus I most certainly did, it being a game I would champion for many of the aspects of it it did fantastically (though not without some noticeable faults). I'm liking what I've seen of TLG, albeit if it does just turn out to be an upresed ICO with a monster thing instead of a girl I'd be disappointed.

As for this year people are losing it with their expectancy of a Crash Bandicoot reboot, I'd agree that the signs make it seems inevitable but it'd take a lot to get me to be excited for a new Crash Bandicoot game in 2016. God of War 4 will of course be a thing eventually and the recent leak could lead to an unveiling at E3, Persona 5 is a game that I can't wait to play albeit I'm in Europe so that's an issue to say the least. Dreams is one I'm very curious about, having not truly been interested in the studio's previous games I'm glad that they've done something genuinely fascinating with this game and finally for games that stand out for me is Horizon Zero Dawn. Got a good feeling about that game and wouldn't mind waiting a while longer than what remains of this year if it means a good, no great game at the end. And that's all without getting into the possibilities of sequels to two of my favourite PlayStation games Bloodborne and The Last of Us.

Make a conference out of those few games there and I'd be happy, and people can have their Shenmues and Final Fantasy VII remakes happily.

Shinion

Grumblevolcano

I've been thinking and you know what would be a huge crowd pleaser at E3 2016? Being able to change your PSN ID.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic