Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 181 to 200 of 16,083

Auracle

Oh wait, so that's not a baby screen on the controller. Ohhhhh. I thought there was a baby screen on front with a feel pad on back (I made up my own names for these things. Pretty great.). Huh. I'm not sure what to think of it, really. :^/

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

Chrono_Cross

CaptainMorpheus wrote:

Yes. It stupefies me.

I fail to understand how this got greenlit for the mass market by an established corporation while we have our parodies and fan-projects taken down by C&Ds even though no copyright infringement was involved.

Nintendo, being the veteran in this industry, is taking it chill, however.

You should embrace it, not reject it. It's not in the same boat as the Wii U, and this new gadget could enhance the experience a la Wii U.

Nintendo has nothing to worry about because Sony's new controller plays and looks nothing like Nintendo's.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

CanisWolfred

Sony_70 wrote:

So what does every one think of the user interface?

It's slick. I never thought I'd ever say that about a console interface.

I can't wait for them to change it into something horrible before release.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Retro_on_theGo

Chrono_Cross wrote:

CaptainMorpheus wrote:

Yes. It stupefies me.

I fail to understand how this got greenlit for the mass market by an established corporation while we have our parodies and fan-projects taken down by C&Ds even though no copyright infringement was involved.

Nintendo, being the veteran in this industry, is taking it chill, however.

You should embrace it, not reject it. It's not in the same boat as the Wii U, and this new gadget could enhance the experience a la Wii U.

Nintendo has nothing to worry about because Sony's new controller plays and looks nothing like Nintendo's.

That was very well explained, sir,

Gamesake

That PS4 reveal was a real letdown. It's coming with another DualShock controller, this time with an OUYA inspired touch pad crammed onto it--and a share button. Then It's launching with a bunch of PS3 games this Christmas.

...in my pants.

Bankai

Yeah. This console is mind blowing. The social features and the connectivity are incredibly innovative. Drive Club for instance is literally impossible to replicate on any other console right now. Now because of the graphics, but because of those features. I will be able to play with that game in some form no matter where on earth I am.

Sony has used its Gaikai technology in a truly innovative way.

And look on NintendoLife the fanboys are out to try and pretend the console rips off Nintendo. Because of a tiny feature that, like six axis, will be forgotten within a year of the console launching.

Well done. You guys have managed to watch a two hour show and somehow miss every single second of it. Breathtaking.

Bankai

Gamesake wrote:

That PS4 reveal was a real letdown. It's coming with another DualShock controller, this time with an OUYA inspired touch pad crammed onto it--and a share button. Then It's launching with a bunch of PS3 games this Christmas.

And the award for the most predictable response of all time goes too...

Gamesake

@Bankai The PS4 will also have Netflix. System seller right there.

...in my pants.

Chrono_Cross

Bankai wrote:

Well done. You guys have managed to watch a two hour show and somehow miss every single second of it. Breathtaking.

Welcome to NintendoLife, Bankai. My name's Chrono Cross.

I bet the people who are complaining didn't even watch the conference. Wouldn't surprise me.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

RR529

I'll finally be able to watch it in a few minutes (if Sony has uploaded it to YouTube)!

I can't wait to see for myself how everything looks

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

SteveRod1992

I my opinion the PS4 is sounding like an amazing console, and I'll be picking one up the first month it release here in the states. The social feature are really amazing, and the games look amazing as well along with all the cool features with Gaikai . I think some Nintendo fans just don't like Sony, and of course nothing that Sony show original and new will not impress any Nintendo fans. You have to give Sony credit today, I bet E3 will even be better. Plus I don't see why no one will pick up a PS4 cause its not backwards compatible, you had 6 years to pick up a ps3 ....

Edited on by SteveRod1992

SteveRod1992

Nintendo Network ID: SteveRod87

Retro_on_theGo

I'm surprised how underwhelmed everyone is too, honestly. Yeah, this is a Nintendo site, but the PS4 is looking seriously awesome right now! All those social features sound incredible and the play while downloading thing. On the game side, however, only Drive Club and watch dogs caught my interest. So that was kind of a let done. But I'll hold judgement on that until e3.

shingi_70

In wonder how quickly thy will have the Gaikai Bad and how many titles.

The PlayStation asp looks like a more defined smart glass which is awesome.

Looking forward to Microsoft maybe showing their stuff next month and its safe to say Nintendo got leapfrpgged yet again.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

ChuJelly

I think the console seems... interesting. That's really all I have to say, to put it in a single word summary. The graphics look neat and smooth, the sharing features look REALLY cool (though I have the strongest feeling they will hardly be used) and I guess the touchpad on the controller is okay. But, still.... I fail to see, at this point, how this will overall change the gaming experience. The sharing feature will forever change online connectivity, and it seems really neat.... but that's online. The single-player, controller only experience seems hardly changed, at least from what we have seen so far. All they did was take the PS3, put on a fresh coat of paint with graphics and a few small new options (most of which I bet would already be possible), and put it out. The touchpad will hardly change anything I bet, and the camera/Move is something I doubt will ever be widely accepted. Still, I bet it will sell like hotcakes if the price isn't astronomical. Sony and Microsoft strongly dominate the gaming market, and their fans will lap up the console regardless, I'll bet you. I can't blame them. It seems like a really neat system for the pure traditional gamers! Just not for me. I want a unique experience, not the same playing experience I've already had. I'll stick to my PS3.

Restoring your life and magic in a pinch since 2003 :)

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9121-4172 | Nintendo Network ID: PBnJelly

shingi_70

IAmNotWill wrote:

The fanboys in this thread. Dear god.

Whenever I check threads like these I feel embarrassed to be a gamer. :/

You're surprised.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

SteveRod1992

Okay there was only one let DOWN!!!! Where the hell was Kaz Hirai!!!! lol jk

SteveRod1992

Nintendo Network ID: SteveRod87

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic