Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The Playstation 4 fan thread.

Showing 181 to 200 of 1,478

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

181. Posted:

CaptainMorpheus wrote:

Why is there a touchscreen on the f**king controller?

Why?

If you're going to rip off Nintendo (come on, they didn't even try hiding it), then ADAPT THEIR CONTROLLER. Don't just STICK A SMALL TOUCHSCREEN ON A DUAL SHOCK.

What was going through their minds? Were they doing all the cocaine like Team Sonic (JonTron reference there)? Seriously, this couldn't look more tacked on. At least the PSMove worked, but this...

Oh, and that UI... Holy crap that UI....

Does it really matter? Is this life changing to you?

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

182. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

CaptainMorpheus wrote:

@Steve What's the point of it though? It's tiny

Because its a touvh pad not a touch screen.

Untitled

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

183. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Sony's better off going back to TVs and A/V components.

Go away.

Currently playing: Samurai Warriors 4, Dust: An Elysian Trail, inFamous: Second Son, and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

184. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

CaptainMorpheus wrote:

Why?

If you're going to rip off Nintendo (come on, they didn't even try hiding it), then ADAPT THEIR CONTROLLER. Don't just STICK A SMALL TOUCHSCREEN ON A DUAL SHOCK.

What was going through their minds? Were they doing all the cocaine like Team Sonic (JonTron reference there)? Seriously, this couldn't look more tacked on. At least the PSMove worked, but this...

Yes. It stupefies me.

I fail to understand how this got greenlit for the mass market by an established corporation while we have our parodies and fan-projects taken down by C&Ds even though no copyright infringement was involved.

Nintendo, being the veteran in this industry, is taking it chill, however.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

185. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

CaptainMorpheus wrote:

Why?

I don't see how putting a touchpad on a controller is ripping off Nintendo in any way. I guess every laptop created after the Wii U must be ripping Nintendo off too!

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

186. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

CaptainMorpheus wrote:

Why?

I don't see how putting a touchpad on a controller is ripping off Nintendo in any way. I guess every laptop created after the Wii U must be ripping Nintendo off too!

Stooooop maaaakiiing sense!

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

irken004

187. Posted:

Killzone Shadow Fall is coming for it so it's a must-buy! :O

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

OracleOfTruth

188. Posted:

Oh wait, so that's not a baby screen on the controller. Ohhhhh. I thought there was a baby screen on front with a feel pad on back (I made up my own names for these things. Pretty great.). Huh. I'm not sure what to think of it, really. :^/

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

189. Posted:

CaptainMorpheus wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

CaptainMorpheus wrote:

Why is there a touchscreen on the f**king controller?....

Yes....

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

190. Posted:

CaptainMorpheus wrote:

Yes. It stupefies me.

I fail to understand how this got greenlit for the mass market by an established corporation while we have our parodies and fan-projects taken down by C&Ds even though no copyright infringement was involved.

You should embrace it, not reject it. It's not in the same boat as the Wii U, and this new gadget could enhance the experience a la Wii U.

Nintendo has nothing to worry about because Sony's new controller plays and looks nothing like Nintendo's.

Just for you.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

191. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

So what does every one think of the user interface?

It's slick. I never thought I'd ever say that about a console interface.

I can't wait for them to change it into something horrible before release.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

192. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

CaptainMorpheus wrote:

Yes. It stupefies me.

You should embrace it, not reject it. It's not in the same boat as the Wii U, and this new gadget could enhance the experience a la Wii U.

Nintendo has nothing to worry about because Sony's new controller plays and looks nothing like Nintendo's.

That was very well explained, sir, :)

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

193. Posted:

That PS4 reveal was a real letdown. It's coming with another DualShock controller, this time with an OUYA inspired touch pad crammed onto it--and a share button. Then It's launching with a bunch of PS3 games this Christmas.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

Bankai

194. Posted:

Yeah. This console is mind blowing. The social features and the connectivity are incredibly innovative. Drive Club for instance is literally impossible to replicate on any other console right now. Now because of the graphics, but because of those features. I will be able to play with that game in some form no matter where on earth I am.

Sony has used its Gaikai technology in a truly innovative way.

And look on NintendoLife the fanboys are out to try and pretend the console rips off Nintendo. Because of a tiny feature that, like six axis, will be forgotten within a year of the console launching.

Well done. You guys have managed to watch a two hour show and somehow miss every single second of it. Breathtaking.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

Bankai

195. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

That PS4 reveal was a real letdown. It's coming with another DualShock controller, this time with an OUYA inspired touch pad crammed onto it--and a share button. Then It's launching with a bunch of PS3 games this Christmas.

And the award for the most predictable response of all time goes too...

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

196. Posted:

@Bankai The PS4 will also have Netflix. System seller right there.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

197. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

Well done. You guys have managed to watch a two hour show and somehow miss every single second of it. Breathtaking.

Welcome to NintendoLife, Bankai. My name's Chrono Cross.

I bet the people who are complaining didn't even watch the conference. Wouldn't surprise me.

Just for you.

AuthorMessage

RR529

198. Posted:

I'll finally be able to watch it in a few minutes (if Sony has uploaded it to YouTube)!

I can't wait to see for myself how everything looks :)

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

SteveRod1992

199. Posted:

I my opinion the PS4 is sounding like an amazing console, and I'll be picking one up the first month it release here in the states. The social feature are really amazing, and the games look amazing as well along with all the cool features with Gaikai . I think some Nintendo fans just don't like Sony, and of course nothing that Sony show original and new will not impress any Nintendo fans. You have to give Sony credit today, I bet E3 will even be better. Plus I don't see why no one will pick up a PS4 cause its not backwards compatible, you had 6 years to pick up a ps3 :P ....

Edited on by SteveRod1992

SteveRod1992

Nintendo Network ID: SteveRod87

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

200. Posted:

I'm surprised how underwhelmed everyone is too, honestly. Yeah, this is a Nintendo site, but the PS4 is looking seriously awesome right now! All those social features sound incredible and the play while downloading thing. On the game side, however, only Drive Club and watch dogs caught my interest. :P So that was kind of a let done. But I'll hold judgement on that until e3.

My Colors! 3D Gallery