Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 12,481 to 12,500 of 16,083

Octane

@Dezzy That's true, but the problem with that approach is that licensing becomes an issue, because you're essentially distributing those games again. And you're dependent on an online connection. But especially the former will be an issue for older PS1 and PS2 games. Xbox has an BC-like service in place, but how many of the OG Xbox games are playable through that service? 30 or 40 at most? So it's there, but that's a fraction of the 1000 games available on OG Xbox.

Octane

NotTelevision

@Gamer83 How does PlayStation Now streaming work for you? It was always a bit inconsistent for me so I was limited to downloading stuff on the service, while the tempting promise of streaming PS2 and 3 games didn’t work out.

I would love if it did though.

NotTelevision

Gamer83

@NotTelevision
Unfortunately can't give you an answer about PS Now because I've never used it. I'm not big on the idea of streaming games, that's also why (among other reasons) I haven't even considered investing in Stadia.

Gamer83

Dezzy

@Octane

Yeah in principle that might have bugged me, but then when I came to think of what OG Xbox games I actually wanted to play, and I could only think of about 6 games, which were all supported, so it didn't bug me at all.

I think out of all the backcompat stuff on the Xbone I've wanted to play, only 1 game wasn't supported. They do a great job of covering the most popular stuff. It's only a problem if you have really unorthodox tastes.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

NotTelevision

Speaking of PS Now, that’s cool that Control was added to the service. They also have Wolfenstein: The New Colossus on there now.

Good games to pass the time, if you are staying in for a while.

NotTelevision

Octane

@Dezzy Yeah, but at the same time, I think you can find plenty of working discs of your favourite games if you want. I've only ever bought one used game that was unplayable, and I could trade it in for another. I just think the concept of having everything compatible from the get-go is a lot more promising than hoping for Sony to add more games.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

RE3 demo coming March 19th.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dezzy

There was a new "Making Of" video for FF7. Nothing special, just the devs saying things we mostly already knew. Some new footage from it though. That shot of Cloud under the plate looks so cool. You didn't get views like that with the static backgrounds of the original.

Edited on by Dezzy

Anti-Matter

Just want to know if there will be at least 1 or 2 PS5 Casual / Cartoonish games from first launch.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Dezzy

I hope it's more interesting than watching a video about how Xbox Series X can pause 3 games at a time.

Octane

@Dezzy It's Cerny, he's going to talk 15 minutes about how the power button is now a square instead of a circle

Octane

Dezzy

What exactly is Persona 5 Royal? Just an updated version of the same game? I haven't played the original yet.

Ralizah

@Dezzy Yep. Extra semester. Some new characters. Changes to the dungeons. New mechanics. Changed story elements. etc.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Dezzy

@Octane

I bet it will be.

Honestly most of those kinds of presentations are largely meaningless to me. And I'm a programmer. They must be even more meaningless to other people.

The only genuinely interesting thing about the new consoles is hardware-based ray tracing. Pretty much everything else so far is just "the same as before but a bit faster".

Grumblevolcano

I'm hoping Sony goes more into detail about backwards compatibility.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

CanisWolfred

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I'm hoping Sony goes more into detail about backwards compatibility.

Same. That's the make-or-break thing for me, honestly. If they try to make us rebuy all our games again, forget about it. I'll just wait this gen out, or maybe grab an Xbox One X, if Microsoft really has gotten their act together.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

TuVictus

I'll be very upset if Sony had the gall to deny BC again when Microsoft has been expanding theirs. Though I'm optimistic that we'll get at least ps4 BC

TuVictus

Magician

Although PS4 was my favorite console this generation, I'm surprisingly uninterested in the PS5. I'll be content with my PS4 until Sony presents something new and fresh. I have zero desire to play Horizon 2, God of War 2, Spiderman 2, Bloodbourne 2, etc. That said, tomorrow's PS5 presentation will be no less exciting.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic