Forums

Topic: The PlayStation 4 Fan Thread

Posts 12,461 to 12,480 of 12,524

Anti-Matter

@Ninfan
I don't play AAA games.
I don't even care with AAA games on PS4 / Switch.
Not every AAA games worthy or great to play.
Even some smaller or niche games for me are better or more interesting than AAA games.
I prefer playing Yonder the Cloud Catcher Chronicles than Zelda BOTW despite they have similar environments but with different gameplay.
Girlie game like Pretty Princess Magical Coordinate on Switch is far more interesting for me than typical AAA Western games.
For me, the AAA games in my definition such as Dragon Quest Builders 2, The Sims 4, Dance Dance Revolution, Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS. Not that typical AAA Western games peoples played a lot.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4 (96)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (95)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (91)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Octane

@Dezzy True. Otherwise they would never have remade Shadow of the Colossus, or allowed The Last Guardian to be developed. Gravity Rush and Tearaway come to mind as well.

Octane

Ninfan

@diwdiws what's peculiar about it .

some of my Favourite games
Rick dangerous ( zx spectrum )
Battletoads ( game boy )
Tomb raider ( play station )
Speed freaks ( play station )
Wario ware ( game boy advance )
Advance wars ( gameboy advance )
Eternal darkness ( gamecube )

Switch Friend Code: SW-8545-3735-7300 | 3DS Friend Code: 5430-2977-8452 | My Nintendo: Nin10dofan | Nintendo Network ID: 462971 name nin10dofan

link3710

@RR529 Arendelle feels like it was utterly butchered if you take a look at it from an outside perspective. First of all, you never enter Elsa's castle, yet instead, you get thrown into a random ice labyrinth that isn't visible from anywhere else on the map. One which notably is built in the same snowflake shape as Elsa's castle was shown to be made from.

Then you have the fact that you have to climb the mountain three separate times for no reason, and the paths don't quite seem to line up.

Throw in the fact that Hans shows up for only two seconds and has no voice lines, despite supposedly being the main villain of the world, and turns into an Ice monster despite not having anything to do with ice.

It's not hard to take the pieces and realize that the world was designed completely differently, cut to pieces and reassembled when Disney shut down Elsa being the main villain of the world.

Anyways, that's my hot take on why Arendelle's design just didn't work.

link3710

RR529

@link3710, I'd never heard that Elsa was supposed to be a villain (I assume consumed by darkness, and then brought back to the light after you beat her?), but it makes sense now that you mention it, what with you not being able to enter her ice palace, yet at the same time you do enter a completely seperate, darker, ice palace (which I assume was supposed to be the interior of hers when she was the villain).

I did feel that Sora and the gang felt pretty on the periphery of the world's story. Though that tends to happen when they just decide to reiterate the movie's plot for the most part, as they did with Arendelle, I felt he seemed extra distant here, and thought it may have arised from Disney not wanting Elsa & Anna to be, openly, saved by a male character, due to the film's focus on really bucking fairy tale cliches like that.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

link3710

@RR529 There's no proof that Elsa being the villain is the case, but there's a large amount of things pointing to it, also including Larxene's attempts at manipulating her. But yeah, the story feels utterly thrown together at the last moment, with the scenes we saw in trailers still there but not flowing properly.

link3710

NotTelevision

I saw Elite:Dangerous on sale with the recent PS under 20 sale. Did anyone play the game? I don’t mind tedium as long as it feels worthwhile, and I like exploration games. Just curious if anyone tried it out.

NotTelevision

diwdiws

@NotTelevision do yourself a favor and play it on PC, the quality of life that keyboard shortcut brings cant be understated

diwdiws

Dezzy

Final Fantasy 7 Remake continues to look incredible. I'm really in disbelief at how well they've recreated this. You can just feel how much care they've put into it.

Also this new trailer has like 4 new character intros in it, Lol.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Ralizah

@Dezzy FF7 is a game they could so easily have screwed up in the process of remaking it, but EVERYTHING looks perfect. It looks so good.

Honestly, I never realized just how much I really wanted an amazing FF game again. Memories of a decade full of XIII sequels, weird spinoffs, open world games with boy band characters, etc. just melt away when I watch these trailers.

Let's hope the final product lives up to the hype.

Edited on by Ralizah

Playing depressing games alone in my cold, dark room <3

PikPi

Man, that does actually get me kinda hyped. I'm impressed with what they've done with the cross-dressing portion so far. And that background music is pretty cool, I can't wait to see the rest of the updated themes

PikPi

Dezzy

Ralizah wrote:

@Dezzy FF7 is a game they could so easily have screwed up in the process of remaking it, but EVERYTHING looks perfect. It looks so good.

Yep. They could've also made it look incredible (which they always do with FF games), but failed to capture that same incredible atmosphere the original had.

Everything so far suggests they've nailed it though.

My only negative impression so far is that I'm bummed it's only the Midgar section. I really would've loved if it had been the whole first continent (of which Midgar is pretty much 75% anyway), cos one of the best things I loved about this game was how interesting and varied all of the different locations were. Kalm is awesome. Chocobo Farm is awesome. Fort Condor is awesome. Junon is more Midgar but still awesome.

Edited on by Dezzy

RR529

Between FFVII Remake, Trials of Mana Remake, Tales of Arise (and Xenoblade Chronicles DE over on Switch) this year is looking stellar for JRPGs.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Wavey84

I've purchased over 20 games digitally now since the holiday sales. Yeesh! It's kind of hard to pass on Street fighter V: Arcade edition, DOOM, Rayman legends, Unravel ect when they're only $7 CAD hehe.

I'm a little late to the game here, bought a PS4 pro during Christmas so I'm essentially playing catch up!

Yet out of all the titles I've snagged over the past two months I've been dissapointed and conflicted with the following...

Resident evil 0 remastered
Wipeout omega collection
Far cry New dawn
Devil may cry HD collection
Layers of fear

RE0 is a mixed bag, I've always felt this way and is easily the weakest RE along with Code Veronica for the traditional series. I tried giving it a second chance but eh.

Wipeout left a sour taste in my mouth and overall was just a little too bland/repetivie and souless for my liking. VR mode might be it's saving grace.

Devil may cry HD isn't all bad, the first DMC is a fantastic game(once you get over the annoying camera), even if the HD version manages to mess up a few things, 2 is awful and 3 is just a little too emo, tacky and arcadey feeling for my liking. I think I'll just get the the first DMC on Switch separately instead.

And then there's layers of fear, unfortunately it runs at 30fps which causes motion issues on hdtvs. Its Frame doubling judder-motion blur effect once again is a deal breaker as it was in far cry new dawn.
That aside Layers is so by the numbers and cliche. I probably would of kept new dawn If it had run in 60fps...

60fps needs to be standard, aside from looking a million times better there aren't any motion issues. CRT sdtvs never had frame doubling or judge ring for their 30fps titles. Weird.

Titanfall 2, resident evil 7, DOOM ect all run in 60fps and looking amazing in motion, especially titnafall 2. But then making that transition to 30fps with Dishonered 2 and Far cry New dawn for example was excruciating...😠 whenever anything is moving faster than at a snails past the nasty frame judder-motion doubling smearing effect is in full force.

It's like the game itself is having a seizure after downing a 2/6 of vodka wearing Coke bottle glasses.

Edited on by Wavey84

Wavey84

RR529

Posted this in the Xbox thread, but figured it's just as relevant here.

My guess in terms of pricing:
Xbox Series S - $350
PS5 - $400
Xbox Series X - $500
PS5 VR bundle - $500

Series S will be poised to challenge PS5 for somewhat more budget conscious consumers (just less powerful enough to undercut it's price), Series X will focus on the niche looking to have the most powerful console, and offering a PS5 bundle with a revised version of their current VR set (it's looking like it's going to be compatible based on rumors) could be a good way for Sony to offer a relatively inexpensive all in one VR solution to the market (with a built in library thanks to PS4 backwards compatibility), as well as differentiating their offering from MS'.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Dezzy

RR529 wrote:

Between FFVII Remake, Trials of Mana Remake, Tales of Arise (and Xenoblade Chronicles DE over on Switch) this year is looking stellar for JRPGs.

FF7 and Xenoblade Chronicles are probably my 2 favourite games of all time, so yeah it's quite the year. I also like the Tales series, so will definitely be playing their first AAA game

Ninfan

There's a picture of the new PlayStation 5 on gamesradar+, it looks nice. They said Sony will announce it during february and release during summer

some of my Favourite games
Rick dangerous ( zx spectrum )
Battletoads ( game boy )
Tomb raider ( play station )
Speed freaks ( play station )
Wario ware ( game boy advance )
Advance wars ( gameboy advance )
Eternal darkness ( gamecube )

Switch Friend Code: SW-8545-3735-7300 | 3DS Friend Code: 5430-2977-8452 | My Nintendo: Nin10dofan | Nintendo Network ID: 462971 name nin10dofan

Ralizah

@Ninfan To be clear: nobody has actually seen what a retail model of the PS5 might look like yet. That website doesn't have an actual picture of the device.

And Sony has already stated that the PS5 is going to release during Holiday 2020. That means it'll release during Q4.

Playing depressing games alone in my cold, dark room <3

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic