Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 12,461 to 12,480 of 16,083

Dezzy

@Wavey84

Square have released all of their big AAA games on PC in recent years. FF7 will almost definitely be coming after the year exclusivity is over.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

@Wavey84 They're multiplatform games so Microsoft is why neither are present. Motion controls are taken seriously on Switch because of the popularity of the Splatoon franchise but 3rd parties won't bother adding motion controls to PS versions of multiplatform games until Microsoft creates a Xbox controller with gyro. As far as we can tell, Series X controllers won't have gyro either (it appears to be a XB1 controller with a share button) so PS5 games will yet again avoid motion controls. Similar thing with VR, Microsoft doesn't care about VR so 3rd parties have less reason to implement it into PS5 games.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NotTelevision

I guess most developers have the impression that “the people have spoken” on motion/pointer controls being a gimmick. I thought it added an extra layer of immersion if well implemented.

Perhaps the mistake in the Wii era was thinking every game needed them, regardless of gameplay/genre.

The entire pursuit certainly wasn’t a bust though.

NotTelevision

Ralizah

The lack of motion aiming in PS4/Xbone games is honestly the biggest thing keeping me from fully embracing home console gaming lately. Aiming with just an analog stick sucks. I'll put up with it for exclusives, but something like DOOM is SO much better with motion aiming.

Anyhow....

LOL I'm never changing my theme again. This is it: the theme I've been waiting for.

It's so $%#@%^% pretty!

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Dezzy

@Ralizah

Oh is that the official remade version of Tifa's theme? I hadn't heard it yet!

They've really nailed the music in this. It feels new but still recognisable as the same tunes.

Ralizah

@Dezzy Yep. "New, but recognizable" seems to apply to every aspect of the game. S-E has both kept and eaten this particular cake.

It feels so good to be excited for a Final Fantasy game again. It has been so long.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Dezzy

Hmmm so both Horizon and Death Stranding are going to PC now. I wonder what exactly their plan is here. Are they copying Xbox and just bringing everything to PC?

Cos if it's a 3 year gap like Horizon, that'd probably be fine. But Death Stranding has had less than a year's exclusivity. If they started doing that with a lot of their exclusives, people are gonna start questioning the necessity of getting their console. As I already am doing with the next Xbox.

Octane

@Dezzy Sony doesn't own Kojima Productions, and DS was originally announced for both PC and PS4. But they probably got a year of exclusivity because Kojima was given the Sony's Decima engine for free. The Decima engine was developed by Guerilla Games, and Horizon runs on it. Which is probably the reason why Horizon is coming to PC as well. And since Horizon 2 is a likely launch game, it could drum up more interest for the PC.

In a way it's kinda stupid IMO. But in the end, Horizon was already playable on PC through PS Now. So there's that.

Octane

Dezzy

@Octane

Wasn't Death Stranding paid for by Sony though? I'm sure I'd read that.

Octane

@Dezzy I doubt it, because then they would own the IP. But they don't, Kohima does. Otherwise it would've been an expensive deal for barely a year of exclusivity.

Octane

Octane

@Dezzy Yeah, and it links to an article with all the cast members

I can't seem to find the source either. Seems like some kind of deal was made though, but I would find it strange if Sony completely funded it. 505 Games is publishing the PC port, so it's not a Sony property.

Octane

link3710

@Anti-Matter If anything it reminds me a lot more of Fe (The EA game, not Fire Emblem).

link3710

Gamer83

@Dezzy
At this point the only thing Sony and MS can do to get me interested in PS5 and Series X is announce that all past games, whether bought on disc or through the store fronts, are backwards compatible. That would be a big deal to have 4 prior generations of PS games and 3 prior gens of Xbox on one machine along with newer stuff. If they're just relying on new 'exclusives' we know how Xbox is operating and I'm assuming Sony is headed down the same route thus making new consoles from those companies utterly pointless. Nintendo is the only company that understands the meaning of the word exclusive anymore. Not that the company is perfect but at least you have one big reason to buy Nintendo products.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

Dezzy

@Gamer83

I think Xbox have pretty much already confirmed that haven't they?

I don't see Sony going down that route though. I mean they had all those PS2 games on the PS4 but you had to rebuy them. They could've easily done a kind of fake backcompat thing where you put the disc in and it downloads the digital version. That's pretty much what the Xbone does with 360 games.

One interesting thing though is that the PS5 will probably be powerful enough to emulate PS3 games. Assuming Sony decide to put the effort in. I hope they do. There's still no other way to play some games like Demon's Souls and MGS4

Octane

@Dezzy It would be neat if they built in an emulator that reads and plays PS1-3 discs from the get-go. Like an actual emulator. Not the recognise disc and download thing.

Octane

Dezzy

@Octane

Yeah but the problem with that is: how many PS1 discs are still in good condition? An awful lot have scratches on at this point. Especially given that most people would be buying them on ebay if this became a serious option.
I can imagine nighmare situations where you buy an old game that crashes at like 90% through the game.
My original version of FF8 did that. Crashed on disc 3 and wouldn't let you continue.

The benefit of the Xbone approach is that it just needs to recognise the disc, and you're sorted. There are also quite a few games with multiple discs, especially on the PS1. In those cases, all you need is the first disc and the entire digital version works from that.

Edited on by Dezzy

Gamer83

@Dezzy
As far as I know Xbox will just be doing what it always has. There's a select group of games that are backwards compatible and you go from there. I'd like to see, if it's possible, Sony and MS make it so all past games can be played. It's probably impossible, in which case I give MS credit for what it has done to this point. Sony really needs to improve. I thought the 'PS2 on PS4' was handled terribly, too few games and had to be re-bought even if you own them on disc or digitally for PS3.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic