Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 12,501 to 12,520 of 16,083

Dezzy

Yeah if PS5 doesn't have backwards compatibility, I'd seriously consider just going with Xbox for this gen. Even though their exclusives are only about half the quality as the Playstation exclusives, I really want to be able to play old games. And preferably with performance boosts.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Anti-Matter

You gotta be kidding me !! 😮😮😮
Untitled
How do i play Cooking Mama on PS4 ?!
Motion control by PS4 stick + Touch pad or by using Moves ?

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Heavyarms55

@Anti-Matter You're wondering about how you play it, but all I want to know is why that sandwish uses paint as a topping. That doesn't look like food!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Heavyarms55

@Anti-Matter Sounds like sugar and food coloring. Eww. lol

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Ralizah

Pretty sure PS4 BC was already confirmed for PS5. The real question is how far back the BC extends. I'd love to be able to play my previously purchased PS1/PS2 Classics or even PS1/PS2 discs on PS5. @Dezzy @CanisWolfred

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Octane

For today's presentation, just lower your expectations and don't expect any new game announcements

Octane

Grumblevolcano

A youtube video is up now in advance of the stream start so Push Square will probably have a stream + chat setup like Nintendo Life has for Directs.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TuVictus

Just show me some fast loading and maybe some upscaled PS4 games via BC. Not one to care about teraflops and whatnot, just whatever end result they achieve

TuVictus

Anti-Matter

I want at least 2 or 3 something Cute and Cartoonish PS5 games from first day launch. BC with All Sony consoles by disc is very welcome.

Anti-Matter

redd214

Presentation is over 52 minutes long! Seems like a good sign!

redd214

Magician

I wonder if the PS5 will use memory expansions like Series X will?

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Octane

@redd214 That's long! That's going to be greatest thing in a while, or the dullest thing ever

Octane

CanisWolfred

Ralizah wrote:

Pretty sure PS4 BC was already confirmed for PS5. The real question is how far back the BC extends. I'd love to be able to play my previously purchased PS1/PS2 Classics or even PS1/PS2 discs on PS5. @Dezzy @CanisWolfred

I looked into it, and it does seem like they're aiming for full backwards compatibility, judging by some patents, and a comment from Sony suggests that they're currently testing to see whether or not it's possible. I'm hoping for the best, at least.

If I can download my full PSN library, I wonder if that'll include games that were removed due to license issues, like Scott Pilgrim and Marvel vs. Capcom 2? I'm in no hurry to replace my PS3, but should the worst happen, I'd hate to think those games would be lost forever someday...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Dezzy

Ralizah wrote:

I didn't think it had been confirmed.

PS3 games is what I want. Don't care if it's emulated and you need to rebuy them, or if it's based on the original discs. I never had a PS3 so still haven't been able to play games like Demon's Souls and MGS 4. This would massively add to the value of the console for me, and would guarantee I go with Playstation rather than Xbox for the next gen.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

Lecture 53: How does a HDD work?
By M. Cerny

Octane

redd214

This certainly is something lol, I feel like I'm back in school zzzzz

redd214

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic