Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 11,121 to 11,140 of 16,083

NEStalgia

Has anyone else noticed an annoying high pitched whine/grey noise in KH Final Remix? It's driving me crazy! I started playing the whole series from the beginning, and the remasters are so good, except the audio. There's heavy compression to it, but it seems to manifest as a high pitched whine that makes it painful to listen to with headphones. I have to take the headphones off periodically, and at low volumes the whine seems louder than the audio itself. It's not always there, cutscenes seem to not have it, but the island music has it badly, and I notice it in Traverse town more sometimes than other times, but it's there. Not as piercing as the island but there. If I drop back to the home screen, it stops, so it's the game, not noise in the audio chain.

Let's Go Pikachu seems to do this too, but Smash does not. And nothing on X1 so far is doing it, but i haven't tried any of the older games recently.

NEStalgia

Haruki_NLI

So Ive just had a little explore of the Tetris Effect again today.

Got one complaint with it outside of colour blind modes being absent.

Why is there no standard Tetris?

This feels like a weird omission. All the stages are trippy audio sensory...experiences.... There is no basic board.

Plus if you go into the other not Journey modes you find loads of game modes but they all stop at a certain line count or are timed.

This is a very weird omission given stuff like Puyo Puyo Tetris still has normal untouched Tetris.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

NEStalgia

@Knuckles-Fajita I don't know what to think of that game. Might get it on a sale someday. But the whole thing looks designed to destroy your brain.

NEStalgia

Ralizah

Tetris Effect is the best version of Tetris I've ever played. Almost every mode in fun in some way, and the presentation is amazing, especially if you're wearing headphones.

Anyway: I bought a used red DS4 on Ebay for cheapies to replace the black one that I'm permanently turning into my PC controller. I also bought a charging station with a wall plug that will charge both at the same time.

Besides being able to fully enable gyro controls in pretty much any game, I also love that, in Steam's big picture mode, I can customize the light bar's color (pink ftw!) and even turn it off completely if I like.

Basically the only thing keeping this from being my ideal controller is the battery life. There are replacement batteries, and apparently they're easy to replace, so if I ever work up the nerve I'll replace my controller's battery with one double the size.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

redd214

@Ralizah I got one of the higher capacity batteries for my main DS4. Super easy to replace. Took maybe 10 minutes to do. Really simple process and definitely worth it!

redd214

Ralizah

@redd214 I'll definitely have to look into it, then. Where'd you order your battery from? I'm very leery of sites like Ebay or Amazon where Chinese fakes run rampant.

CanisWolfred

NEStalgia wrote:

@Knuckles-Fajita I don't know what to think of that game. Might get it on a sale someday. But the whole thing looks designed to destroy your brain.

Yeah, I don't appreciate the sensory overload that game goes for. I'd be happy to have the various modes + the original with a normal board and no particle effects...but I think I'll just stick with Puyo Puyo Tetris.

Anywho:

Anthem demo is over, and...I had fun. Powers & Flying are cool, the game is pretty (even if the largely unnecessary main mission area has you walking at a snails pace due to framerate issues), and the classes are diverse-feeling, even if they're all just 4 different types of "the damage-dealer" archetype with few options for support. Then again, there are so few team communication options available that I don't think a support class would've worked out.

It wasn't great, from poor technical issues, lackluster gunplay, and difficulty balancing that's as lazy as can be, especially since the enemies barely react to your peashooter gunshots anyways. They clearly wanted wated to mash together Borderlands, Diablo, Destiny, Mass Effect: Andromeda, and Warframe all into one game, and the results are less than ideal. Still, there's potential, it's just clearly another rushed EA product that isn't worth buying within the first 3-6 months. Probably the high end this time, since the demo already showcased 1/5th of the game's planned endgame, and I already felt like this demo didn't have nearly enough content to warrant playing for 6 full days like I did. It's gonna get old fast until they release the rest of the endgame. Anyone else remember Destiny's launch period? Or The Division's? Or Diablo III's? Because I sure as hell do. I ain't gonna be fooled again.

Well, at least Respawn's got a new game announcement coming up. Maybe that'll curb the sting of Anthem's outright inevitablely lackluster release- oh, it's another Battle Royale...
And a Titanfall one at that...without the Mechs. You know, the part that made the franchise stand out.

Untitled

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

redd214

@Ralizah don't remember off the top of my head but will look it up for you later.

@CanisWolfred had a great time with the demo as well. Anthem really seems like it absolutely requires teamwork/mics etc especially at the higher levels. As opposed to Destiny where outside of the raids, you could pretty much get by playing with randoms without a mic and get stuff done. Thankfully I had a crew for most of the weekend and it made a HUGE difference vs just relying on matchmaking. I certainly think it's going to stumble a bit out of the gate and improve over time but I'm super excited about it myself.

redd214

NEStalgia

@Ralizah I used to use one of those charging stands but I haven't found one that doesn't suck. I had the one with the clear plastic, but it was so fiddly to connect the controller, it was actually less convenient than a cable. I tried the click-down ones which were fun but if it doesn't make the connection right it actually drains the battery instead of charging it....nope. I tried the drop-in ones on a large stand and one of the ports gave out. I've finally given up and learned to just use a cable, and after all the gyrations of the charges, the cable actually seems convenient now

Also, red? For shame. Silver, blue, and clear are the only viable colors that makes the inferior controller likable.

Of course all are inferior in place of the LE KH3 DS4. )*U$#@)#$

@redd214 For the current DS4s the battery doesn't really seem as desperately in need of an upgrade. I mean it's not great, but it doesn't cut out mid-play on me like the launch ones routinely did. I can't let it sit there for a month+ without charging like the XBox and Switch controllers, but I can play a day or two and charge overnight without it interfering with play. For anyone with an OG controller though I'd think that's a functional necessity.

@CanisWolfred I already paid for the game back in November and I didn't even bother with the demo/beta whatever I just expect EA delivers a beta at launch, as usual. But I couldn't miss out on what might be Bioware's swan song. I'd be soloing and running silent though. They said it's doable.

NEStalgia

CanisWolfred

redd214 wrote:

@CanisWolfred had a great time with the demo as well. Anthem really seems like it absolutely requires teamwork/mics etc especially at the higher levels.

Yeah, but unfortunastely the game doesn't really facilitate that outside of inviting people on your friend's list. I'd like to think that's just the demo, but I could've sworn they weren't gonna have any sort of team chat or map markers...I mean, there were plenty of times during a mission someone forgot they had a glowy thing or didn't know what to do with it, couldn't figure out how to get somewhere, someone died and the team forgot about them, or I knew how to solve a puzzle but someone who didn't tried random combinations anyways, thus dragging out what should've taken 30 seconds...none of this required that we be verbally talking to eachother to alleviate, just a simple map marker or gesture, or a couple words via chat...yet I could've sworn I saw somewhere that they weren't gonna have any such feature at launch.

Seriously, I look forward to playing this next year, I guess, but it's genuinely frustrating how any features seem to be missing at launch.

@NEStalgia They lied. This is very much not a solo-friendly game, and they've said such in recent interviews. If nothing else, you're gonna be in for a rough ride, and you probably, almost definitely won't make it through the top-tier difficulty levels where you'll get the best loot.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

@NEStalgia I actually had an opportunity to nab a clear one, but it looks awful, so I passed on it. Red is a good, strong color. My preference would be for Pink, Orange, and Baby Blue (in that order), but all of those were more expensive, so I settled on Red.

NEStalgia

@Ralizah lava red? Those are ok. I love the wave blue... Looks like they don't make them anymore . Mine lately has been drifting... Not the stick... More like wireless dropout like the left joycon issue. Not sure if the controller is iffy, the non kh3 beeper is iffy, or if it's just interference/line of sight issues even though I'm a few feet away. I rotated the console so the front rather than back faces me a few weeks back, so it maybe put the antenna in a less reliable place.

NEStalgia

EvilLucario

Juggling a second playthrough of Golden Sun and now getting back into Final Fantasy XV on PC, this time with the help of mods putting in Xenoblade 2 characters replacing the bros and adding in a bunch of Xenoblade 1 and 2 weapons.

I'm probably liking the combat a bit more, but it tries to be an action game while still not requiring much mechanical skill, which is a really weird combination...

Probably going to play Gravity Rush after those two games.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Dezzy

@CanisWolfred

Why? It says their contract simply came to an end. That probably means they were only ever in charge of certain parts and their work was completed. Doesn't seem like a bad thing.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

CanisWolfred

@Dezzy I was expecting Plantinum-level gameplay & combat. I honestly could care less about the Granblue universe, since the main game is mobile garbage, and CyGames is largly responsible for that. Unless it comes out and there's substantial evidence that the combat is actually intricate and rewards mastery of its mechanics, instead of just being fast paced & chaotic, I highly doubt it'll meet my expectations.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

TuVictus

I don't buy the "our contract ended and that's it". I feel like they wouldn't feel the need to announce it if nothing weird was going on, and they also made it a point to apparently scrub their website clean of all mentioning of Platinum, so who knows what went down, but it doesn't seem like it was amicable.

TuVictus

NEStalgia

@PikPi Seems to be a thing with Platinum though, cancelled partnerships, cancelled games. Something about them must be difficult to work with that we don't see on the outside.

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic