Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 11,141 to 11,160 of 16,083

EvilLucario

@NEStalgia Kamiya tends to be very headstrong with what he wants. He pushes hard for what he wants and doesn't like compromising. Hell, as one example, Bayonetta's glasses was initially rejected thinking it wouldn't be appealing to most others, but Kamiya pushed through. And once he got his wish, he made it a point to where EVERY character weared glasses at one point.

That said he's only one part of Platinum. A huge part yes, but still only one part.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NEStalgia

@EvilLucario Yeah, I'm aware that Kamiya is kind of.....not.....workable... (Hence why Capcom sent him packing to begin with.) But he's not involved in all projects, certainly.

NEStalgia

Ralizah

EvilLucario wrote:

Probably going to play Gravity Rush after those two games.

Remastered?

Good choice. Just keep in mind when playing it that it was bound by the limitations of the PS Vita when it was first developed. So the presentation is... modest on the PS4, even if it was insanely ambitious for a portable game when it first released. It's a lot of fun, though, and one of my favorite Japan Studio games. Also, the art style style really helps its smooth transition to the big screen.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

EvilLucario

@Ralizah Yeah Remastered on PS4. That said I don't really care about graphics considering I spend most of my time playing old games despite having a beefy PC, so yeah lol.

I should really dive into it after Golden Sun and FFXV.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Ralizah

Six hours into RE2. Just entered the sewers. I have to say, the way they integrated Mr. X into this remake was pretty inspired. Constantly listening to his stomps and desperately running away when you bump into him makes the game about a thousand times more intense. It's especially rough when you get cornered by him and a Licker in the same area...

The audio design is also pretty brilliant. I've been playing this with headphones, and it makes everything scarier.

Really digging this game so far. Although, once I'm done with Leon's campaign, I'll probably play another game before doing Claire's.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

WebHead

It would be nice if sony could do a first party showcase event within the next couple months.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

diwdiws

Regardless of the initial drama Apex is kinda... great. Way better mechanics than fortnite and better overall than Blackops though kinda little thin contentwisr at the moment.

diwdiws

Dezzy

Coincidentally I just finished Titanfall 2 almost the exact day they released that new battle royale. I don't play multiplayer online stuff though so I'm not interested.
Titanfall 2 was really impressive though, the single player campaign that is. The best FPS single player campaign I've played in about a decade probably. Although I haven't got round to Doom yet, so that might be better.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

redd214

@Dezzy playing Apex Legends actually made me want to play Titanfall 2 as well. Really like the feel and gunplay of AP so since it's essentially the same figured why not. Got it for only 8 bucks, should arrive tomorrow. So much praise for the campaign, can't wait to try it!

redd214

Dezzy

@redd214

Yes the gunplay and movement are excellent. Titanfall 2 also includes a cool series of gameplay mechanics that you don't normally see in an FPS. It gets quite close to Half-life 2 or Portal at some points.

RR529

Yeah, I recently played through Titanfall 2 myself & really enjoyed it. It's a shame they're not making 3, especially given the end credits tease at the end of 2.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Octane

Titanfall Apex Legends feels like a stripped down version of Titanfall to cash in on the battle royale hype to be honest. Why even call it Titanfall? There's barely any resembles to the franchise at all.

Octane

redd214

@Octane that's probably why they DIDN'T put Titanfall in the name sport

And yes your description seems accurate and to be fair there's nothing wrong with a company following a trend to make some money.

redd214

Octane

@redd214 I could've sworn Titanfall was in the title... EA and their micro-transactions are pulling mind tricks on me!€$#@1

Octane

Dezzy

@Octane

Lol, the clue is the fact that there are no titans falling in it.

Octane

@Dezzy The only thing that's falling are the sales numbers for Anthem when EA discovers it's competing with their own franchise again, except this time it's the other way around

Octane

Dezzy

@Octane

I think EA are just furious that they're not the people making big money from battle royale so they're just desperately trying as many online multiplayer things as possible until something sticks.
For people like me though, who almost never play online multiplayer (the only multiplayer I play is local Nintendo multiplayer), EA has basically just disappeared from the market in the last 5 years.

Edited on by Dezzy

CanisWolfred

Octane wrote:

Titanfall Apex Legends feels like a stripped down version of Titanfall to cash in on the battle royale hype to be honest. Why even call it Titanfall? There's barely any resembles to the franchise at all.

IKR? It's "set in the same universe" in that they cobbled together a bunch of Titanfall 2/3 assets to make it. The entire breadth of content screams, "we were thrown onto this project on relatively short notice, and here's what we could do within that span of time". The fact that's it's playable and stable and even remotely fun is more just...proof that Respawn Entertainment consists of a lot of talented people. I'm not surpised that the gunplay is good, movement is good, map-design is good, graphics/art direction are good...when all of it is either derived from Titanfall 2 or copied from it wholesale. That game was great, and even the multiplayer kept me coming back to it after I finished the main campaign, which I actually felt incentivized to replay because of how good it was.

I keep getting mixed messages as to whether or not Titanfall 3 is planned in the future, but I'm not touching this again. Not because it's a terrible game - I mean, it's the closest any battle royale game has gotten to entertaining me - but because it came at the expense of a game I was thoroughly looking forward to. You could almost say it's EA's DmC...

Speaking of, anyone else play the Devil May Cry 5 demo?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Octane

@CanisWolfred Well, Titanfall 3 was kinda cancelled to make room for Apex Legends. There's still another ''Titanfall project'' in the works. I mean, it has to be, but still... Respawn releasing more games in a single year than EA as a whole does on average sounds a bit like a stretch. Remember they're still working on a Star Wars game. Assuming that hasn't be canned as well, just like the other two. Maybe turn it into a battle royale as well, that's what we all want, right?

Didn't know there was a DMC5 demo. I may give it a shot.

Anyway, I've been playing the Tomb Raider reboot, and I'm really enjoying it so far. I was expected an Uncharted clone, but this is quite different. I should've played it sooner!

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic