Forums

Topic: Sony patents Touch screen controller

Posts 101 to 120 of 126

komicturtle

That's New York. An entertaining reality show person who isn't on TV anymore

What does she have to do with the topic? Nothing.

But it makes me

komicturtle

komicturtle

That's a Gamecube-i-Tablet.

Not WiiU

komicturtle

retired_account

So people are all "why do you care?" about people who care about people doing something else.

My question is why do the people who are asking OTHER people why they're caring care about the people they're implying shouldn't care.

Confused? So am I.

retired_account

CanisWolfred

KoMiCtUrTlE wrote:

That's a Gamecube-i-Tablet.

Not WiiU

Actually it was Scrafty's Mock-up of the Wii U controller when it was still rumors. IMO, he was actually the closest one out of all the Mock ups I've seen.XD

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

komicturtle

No wonder it looked familiar.

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

LzWinky

How do we know the iPad wasn't a rip-off of the Wii U?! HMMM!?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

C-195

Lordlz wrote:

How do we know the iPad wasn't a rip-off of the Wii U?! HMMM!?

Nonsense! Everyone knows that iPads are just obese iphones.

C-195

LordTendoboy

KoMiCtUrTlE wrote:

Lots of people bash Nintendo. But my reaction isn't like this:
Untitled
But more like:
Untitled

Can't help myself

@zez I was one post away from leaving, actually. Right on time, zezzy. Right on time.

I hate how some people (namely the types in those GIFs) overreact to petty ridiculous things.

"OH NO YOU DID-IN'T! You best tell me dat to mah face gurl!"

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

LordTendoboy

GundamMac wrote:

KoMiCtUrTlE wrote:

And how about you show me a WiiU tablet that looks like an iPad tacked with buttons

Okay: http://i.imgur.com/GczrT.png

So a gamer came up with the Wii U concept before Nintendo did. Wow, I'd be so embarrassed if I was Iwata.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

[...

abINC4L

Woah this topic was pretty crazy, I just HAD to read all the posts haha.

I mean, when it comes to pretty much ANYTHING it's super hard to be "completely original" because there's always going to be someone who'll post evidence that "someone did it first or had the idea first" or "it resembles this" and really, the key to innovative really is not making something completely new, but taking an great product or idea (with potential) and bringing it to the next level. Nintendo wasn't the first to do motion gaming, no there were tons of motion controls back in the early 90s but all of them were terrible due to limited technology, but they were the first to do it right, same with 3D (funny since they failed at it before). The idea of the Wii U, to me, is very much innovative and the idea of playing on a TV along with a screen in your hands opens up a lot of possibilities in gaming, something a lot of developers are recognizing and we still do not know all the details and capabilities the Wii U has so writing it off as "an iPad with buttons" and such is simply being prejudice and ignorant. It's like looking at an iPhone for the first time ever and thinking it's a mini TV or something without knowing exactly what it does.

As for Sony copying, I would say that regardless of whether or not they came up with the idea first or like this topic states, if you don't act on it or try it out and someone beats you to it, your loss and it doesn't help that their timing with their "new ideas" doesn't really help either. I mean Nintendo has already proven that pushing the boundaries and doing things outside of the box usually comes with great success, the DS and Wii being great examples, so I don't know why a beast of a company like Sony would be so afraid to take that same risk. Microsoft has taken risks to and they payed off so hopefully we see something different from the PS4 (although it won't be coming out until like 2016). Even with the PS Vita, I kind of felt like they were trying too hard with the whole "touch screen in the front, touch pad in the back, dual analog sticks, HD graphics" it's almost like they were saying "The Vita can do EVERYTHING so why not get one?' yet it's bombing in Japan while the 3DS, clearly inferior on a technical level, is doing amazing.

But hey, that's just what I think

Edited on by abINC4L

NNID: AB88INC4L

abINC4L

LordTendoboy wrote:

KoMiCtUrTlE wrote:

Lots of people bash Nintendo. But my reaction isn't like this:
Untitled
But more like:
Untitled

Can't help myself

@zez I was one post away from leaving, actually. Right on time, zezzy. Right on time.

I hate how some people (namely the types in those GIFs) overreact to petty ridiculous things.

"OH NO YOU DID-IN'T! You best tell me dat to mah face gurl!"

Your gifs make me smile XD

LordTendoboy

abHS4L wrote:

I mean, when it comes to pretty much ANYTHING it's super hard to be "completely original" because there's always going to be someone who'll post evidence that "someone did it first or had the idea first" or "it resembles this" and really, the key to innovative really is not making something completely new, but taking an great product or idea (with potential) and bringing it to the next level. Nintendo wasn't the first to do motion gaming, no there were tons of motion controls back in the early 90s but all of them were terrible due to limited technology, but they were the first to do it right, same with 3D (funny since they failed at it before). The idea of the Wii U, to me, is very much innovative and the idea of playing on a TV along with a screen in your hands opens up a lot of possibilities in gaming, something a lot of developers are recognizing and we still do not know all the details and capabilities the Wii U has so writing it off as "an iPad with buttons" and such is simply being prejudice and ignorant. It's like looking at an iPhone for the first time ever and thinking it's a mini TV or something without knowing exactly what it does.

As for Sony copying, I would say that regardless of whether or not they came up with the idea first or like this topic states, if you don't act on it or try it out and someone beats you to it, your loss and it doesn't help that their timing with their "new ideas" doesn't really help either. I mean Nintendo has already proven that pushing the boundaries and doing things outside of the box usually comes with great success, the DS and Wii being great examples, so I don't know why a beast of a company like Sony would be so afraid to take that same risk. Microsoft has taken risks to and they payed off so hopefully we see something different from the PS4 (although it won't be coming out until like 2016). Even with the PS Vita, I kind of felt like they were trying too hard with the whole "touch screen in the front, touch pad in the back, dual analog sticks, HD graphics" it's almost like they were saying "The Vita can do EVERYTHING so why not get one?' yet it's bombing in Japan while the 3DS, clearly inferior on a technical level, is doing amazing.

I agree with you on most of your points, except for this:

"hopefully we see something different from the PS4 (although it won't be coming out until like 2016)."

That talk of a "10-year lifespan" doesn't mean we won't have a new system in 10 years. It simply means that Sony will continue to support their old system after the new one is released. Look at the PS2, for example. It was released in 2000, yet it's still being sold alongside the PS3, over 10 years later.

The PS4 will be coming in a few years, and Sony will continue to support the PS3 for a few years after that.

[...

abINC4L

LordTendoboy wrote:

abHS4L wrote:

I agree with you on most of your points, except for this:

"hopefully we see something different from the PS4 (although it won't be coming out until like 2016)."

That talk of a "10-year lifespan" doesn't mean we won't have a new system in 10 years. It simply means that Sony will continue to support their old system after the new one is released. Look at the PS2, for example. It was released in 2000, yet it's still being sold alongside the PS3, over 10 years later.

The PS4 will be coming in a few years, and Sony will continue to support the PS3 for a few years after that.

I guess, it's late where I am so that thought didn't cross my mind >< I'm guessing 2014 will probably be when the PS4 will come out. This year Wii U, next year XBox uhhh Loop? Haha, then the PS4. Sony does seem to be the only company that still supports their previous consoles even though a new one has been released. Nintendo has only really done that with their handhelds but not so much with home consoles, especially considering how the Gamecube and Wii both clearly started dying out before their successors came out. I didn't pay much attention to the XBox so I don't know how Microsoft supported it after the 360 was released.

LordTendoboy

abHS4L wrote:

I guess, it's late where I am so that thought didn't cross my mind >< I'm guessing 2014 will probably be when the PS4 will come out. This year Wii U, next year XBox uhhh Loop? Haha, then the PS4. Sony does seem to be the only company that still supports their previous consoles even though a new one has been released. Nintendo has only really done that with their handhelds but not so much with home consoles, especially considering how the Gamecube and Wii both clearly started dying out before their successors came out. I didn't pay much attention to the XBox so I don't know how Microsoft supported it after the 360 was released.

Microsoft dropped the first Xbox almost immediately after the 360 came out, though they kept the old Xbox Live servers running for awhile (specifically for Halo 2).

Nintendo kept supporting the NES years after the Super NES was released. I think the last official NES game was made in 1994.

[...

abINC4L

LordTendoboy wrote:

abHS4L wrote:

Microsoft dropped the first Xbox almost immediately after the 360 came out, though they kept the old Xbox Live servers running for awhile (specifically for Halo 2).

Nintendo kept supporting the NES years after the Super NES was released. I think the last official NES game was made in 1994.

I remember hearing that from ScrewAttack.com with XBox. I know Nintendo supported the NES long after the release of the SNES but yeah, in recent years that haven't been doing the same.

shingi_70

they dropped thexbkx because it Warsaw black pit of money a.d they were forced to because of lisencing of the the hardware.

also i really think a 2014 launch is best for Sony on the corporate side but could be very dangerous on the developer and csonsumer side.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

LordTendoboy

shingi_70 wrote:

they dropped thexbkx because it Warsaw black pit of money a.d they were forced to because of lisencing of the the hardware.

also i really think a 2014 launch is best for Sony on the corporate side but could be very dangerous on the developer and csonsumer side.

Agreed. If Sony launches the PS4 that late, then they might be too late to gain enough sales and developer support to compete against Nintendo and Microsoft. I'm thinking 2013 will be when both MS and Sony will release their next consoles.

[...

shingi_70

the biggest thing is that's xbox live is going to be running a kernal of windows 8. they already showed the 360 verisons of pinball tx and toy soldiers on the windows 8 app store and xbox live. now think about that on xbox loop where every game is cross compatible with windows 8 if you bought the dd version. that could hurt Sony and to an lesser extent steam.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.