Forums

Topic: Sony patents Touch screen controller

Posts 81 to 100 of 133

komicturtle

To me, it's not about being right. It's about making sense.

Common sense

I still don't understand why people are so hung up on this "who copied who" stuff and the whole whipping out the "Fanboy Card".

komicturtle

Bankai

KoMiCtUrTlE wrote:

Point is Waltz: You call Nintendo on things. But on others, you don't.

Be consistent with the points you make. Or how about this? Don't bring it up at all.

The fact that you rag on people for saying the same ignorant things you say really doesn't look good at all.

Right. I'm the hypocrite.

Not like 3/4s of this forum that go on and on about how Sony copies Nintendo, but Nintendo only ever produces wholly original, innovative products...

OH WAIT!

Also, anyone who claims the Wii U is capable of doing anything the iPad can't (with the sole exception of NFC) clearly hasn't spent enough time using the iPad to work out what it's really capable of.

(oh, and just to preempt the really obvious but lame attempt to counter that statement: Look up AirPlay before posting, please).

Edited on by Bankai

CanisWolfred

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

(oh, and just to preempt the really obvious but lame attempt to counter that statement: Look up AirPlay before posting, please).

...you sure that's the one you meant? Yeah, it streams music to stuff, but is that the same as streaming the video game content in real time? That involves input both ways.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

TheLZdragon

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

KoMiCtUrTlE wrote:

Point is Waltz: You call Nintendo on things. But on others, you don't.

Be consistent with the points you make. Or how about this? Don't bring it up at all.

The fact that you rag on people for saying the same ignorant things you say really doesn't look good at all.

Right. I'm the hypocrite.

Not like 3/4s of this forum that go on and on about how Sony copies Nintendo, but Nintendo only ever produces wholly original, innovative products...

OH WAIT!

Also, anyone who claims the Wii U is capable of doing anything the iPad can't (with the sole exception of NFC) clearly hasn't spent enough time using the iPad to work out what it's really capable of.

(oh, and just to preempt the really obvious but lame attempt to counter that statement: Look up AirPlay before posting, please).

The Wii U can play Nintendo games legally so HA!

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Splatoon 2 Rank: Splat S+, Rain S, Tower S

My Eeveeloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | 3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

komicturtle

Why does it matter to you?

There's lots of people in other places that bash 3DS, PSP, Wii or anything they don't like, but I don't bother throwing myself in because it isn't going to change anything. I mean, if you want to go out of your way, then, go ahead. It provides lulz and free entertainment.

Oh, and Apple just looked at a laptop computer, ripped the monitor off and made an iPad out of it. And they looked at Sony's computers for that, too.

komicturtle

Bankai

..you sure that's the one you meant? Yeah, it streams music to stuff, but is that the same as streaming the video game content in real time? That involves input both ways.

It's just now able to do video games too. Real Racing 2 four player split screen on a big screen TV over Airplay is awesome.

The Wii U can play Nintendo games legally so HA!

Ok, I admit defeat on that one

Why does it matter to you?

There's lots of people in other places that bash 3DS, PSP, Wii or anything they don't like, but I don't bother throwing myself in because it isn't going to change anything. I mean, if you want to go out of your way, then, go ahead. It provides lulz and free entertainment.

Oh, and Apple just looked at a laptop computer, ripped the monitor off and made an iPad out of it. And they looked at Sony's computers for that, too.

Why bother posting on forums at all?

How is an iPad in any way like a monitor? The "oversized" iPhone argument is somewhat legitimate, though the iPad and iPhone are designed for entirely different purposes. The laptop argument though is just silly.

Edited on by Bankai

CanisWolfred

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

..you sure that's the one you meant? Yeah, it streams music to stuff, but is that the same as streaming the video game content in real time? That involves input both ways.

It's just now able to do video games too. Real Racing 2 four player split screen on a big screen TV over Airplay is awesome.

I see. It didn't mention it in the articles I read, but perhaos they were too old?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

komicturtle

If 90% of your discussion is back and forth bantering, then.. I don't know.

And that comment about the monitor- it wasn't serious. But you see how rediculous it sounds? Like that comment about WiiU's tablet just being an iPad tacked with buttons?

A tablet does look like a laptop monitor, actually...

komicturtle

retired_account

I'd so love to play MC3 on a TV. D: /jelly

retired_account

CanisWolfred

Wow, that's cool. Too bad iPads are so expensive. I'd actually think of picking one up just for that some time in the near future. Maybe in a few years I'll get an iPad 2 or 3 instead of a Wii U, unless the Wii U comes out with a useful art program. Like, one that's actually compatible with my computer, if you know what I mean. It probably won't happen, though.

KoMiCtUrTlE wrote:

And that comment about the monitor- it wasn't serious. But you see how rediculous it sounds? Like that comment about WiiU's tablet just being an iPad tacked with buttons?

...but your argument doesn't make sense. If anything, he pretty much proved that besides playing Nintendo games kegally, there's not much that we know about that the Wii U does that can't be done with an iPad. And I still don't get how an iPad looks like a monitor. Doesn't look like one I've ever seen. Mac Monitors Maybe? I dunno.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Bankai

If 90% of your discussion is back and forth bantering, then.. I don't know.

A discussion forum is, as its name suggests, to discuss. You don't have to agree with everything I say, and you have the option of not getting involved. I have strong opinions, other people have strong opinions.

It's called communication, and that is how we learn stuff in this world.

And that comment about the monitor- it wasn't serious. But you see how rediculous it sounds? Like that comment about WiiU's tablet just being an iPad tacked with buttons?

Your example was ridiculous. Mine is not. Functionally, the Wii U's tablet is an iPad with buttons. Functionally, the iPad's role as a monitor is small, if not non-existent. It was not designed to connect up to other pieces of hardware to display the inputs into that hardware.

However, the iPad does play games, and run the exact same kinds of applications that we'll see on the Wii U. Just without buttons.

Wow, that's cool. Too bad iPads are so expensive. I'd actually think of picking one up just for that some time in the near future. Maybe in a few years I'll get an iPad 2 or 3 instead of a Wii U, unless the Wii U comes out with a useful art program. Like, one that's actually compatible with my computer, if you know what I mean. It probably won't happen, though.

The only thing the iPad is missing is an "official" controller that a whole lot of developers are willing to support. There's some unofficial ones out there (iCade) but the support is limited.

Mabye this OnLive thing takes off.

As for art programs - with an iPad stylus, it's a pretty useful art device, and there are hundreds of art applications out there. I can't see the Wii U offering up a better experience, though I fully expect a very enjoyable version of Art Academy on it.

Edited on by Bankai

turtlelink

Lordlz wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

Lordlz wrote:

Besides, how else would one design a tablet anyway?

How else would someone design a remote?

Without a stupid looking ball at the end

lol well I can't argue with that.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

komicturtle

I'm not saying you have to agree with everything anyone says. But if you're trying to shove your thoughts and opinions down people's throats as facts and "I want to be right!", then it's not really a discussion. It's a dictatorship.

Also, if you think the WiiU tablet looks like an iPad, then you have to admit tablets look like monitors from a laptop.

Can't have it both ways.

komicturtle

komicturtle

But when you first compared an iPad with a WiiU tablet, you were talking about it's aesthetic...?

Hmm, something isn't right here..
Untitled

komicturtle

CanisWolfred

KoMiCtUrTlE wrote:

Also, if you think the WiiU tablet looks like an iPad, then you have to admit tablets look like monitors from a laptop.

Seriously, how about you start by showing us all a monitor that actually looks like an iPad...

Nevermind, I think I found one:

Untitled

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

komicturtle

And how about you show me a WiiU tablet that looks like an iPad tacked with buttons

komicturtle

Bankai

But when you first compared an iPad with a WiiU tablet, you were talking about it's aesthetic...?

And function ("iPad with buttons")

Nintendo clearly copied the aesthetic, that's not up for debate. That's also about as relevant as comparing the aesthetics of the WiiMote and Move.

And the topic is going full circle now.

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic