Forums

Topic: iPhone/ iPad gaming thread

Posts 1,061 to 1,080 of 1,099

Arianabtd

moomoo wrote:

Did someone say Game Dev Story? Man, I loved that game. Few games make me drain batteries on any device, and that was one of them. So good.

Ahh I love that game!
I make it a habit to buy every Kairosoft game once a new one comes out, I really like Cafe Nippon, my favorite after game dev story.

Anyway, Im looking for DS games that have moved onto iOS, I have found that those are the best to buy... are there any I don't know about?

I have pheonix wright, phantom detective and touch detective. (I suggest you try all of those, especially touch detective if you haven't, they are all my favorite.)

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

Bankai

moomoo wrote:

Slapshot wrote:

Just to throw my two cents into the argument - I've got the 4th Generation iPad (The New iPad, or Retina Display iPad.... whatever) and it absolutely destroys Vita in graphics, power and accessibility. Then again, it is the most powerful tablet on the market too, so I guess that's to be expected.

Yep, and it's way more expensive too.
By any chance, do you know how many games actually utilize the device's power? Because I can't think of anything outside of Real Racing 3.

And does a few thousand more things than a Vita does.

It amazes me that people always use the price thing with iPads as a reason dedicated consoles are better. The iPad does more than just play games, and it does games as well as dedicated consoles. Totally reasonable to charge more for it.

As for games that take advantage of 3rd and 4th gen iPads: Ravensword was just released and it looks as good as Oblivion, for a similar style of game.

LzWinky

WhiteKnight wrote:

It amazes me that people always use the price thing with iPads as a reason dedicated consoles are better. The iPad does more than just play games, and it does games as well as dedicated consoles. Totally reasonable to charge more for it.

As for games that take advantage of 3rd and 4th gen iPads: Ravensword was just released and it looks as good as Oblivion, for a similar style of game.

Aside from the fact that people are willing to buy Apple's products for a lot

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

MAB

Yeah they're alright when I need to quickly put together a spreadsheet while drinking a Maccas coffee when driving to work

MAB

Jani-Koblaney

Yeah I don't know if I could bring myself to buy a tablet. They're probably great and useful, but I don't think that they are worth the price imo.. Everytime tablet I have used feels like an oversized phone to me..

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

Magi

Just picked up a few iPhone 5's for the family so now I'm in the "iMobile" app market. I was extremely sad to give up my WP7 phone, but I've had it with AT&T's data limits. The Lumia 920, despite being EVERYTHING I need in a cell phone, wasn't enough to entice me to stick with them. So far I've only downloaded a few Guild Wars 2 apps, but when I get time I'll be hunting for a few more.

BTW, I just received an e-mail yesterday from Best Buy. Their itunes cards are all 20% off right now. Not sure if it was just for their card-club members or for everyone. TWENTY PERCENT OFF!

Magi

Slapshot

@Magi Thanks for the tip! I'll head to Best Buy today and see if they are in my area as well. I loaded up on a Black Friday deal I found and I've pretty much blasted through them already with all of the pre-Christmas iOS sales.

Also, ARC: Squadron and ORC: Vengeance are both FREE right now for iOS. They are both fantastic games that I'd highly recommend giving a download, as well as Bastion is currently on sale for $0.99 cents - it's worth 10x that price - give it a go too. If you really want to have a blast with your new iPhone 5, I'd recommend the HD version of Real Racing 2 and Sky Gamblers: Storm Raiders.

I do a lot of iOS reviews these days too and you can find the links to them through my blog in my signature down there at the bottom of my post.

@moomoo Yes, basically every game with a decent budget and releases from here on out. Developers are already optimizing their games for it and Mini too - that's how things work on the iOS Market. Oh, I can also run everything on the Marketplace - meaning older games designed for older hardware run even better on my device.

I love the iOS haters - I really do. I sit down and show people the things on my iPad, because every single time I get the exact same reaction: "Wow! I had no idea that I could play games like that on an iPad!"

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

E32014Intern

can people add me on gameloft live ? justinbug2

Temp Intern at Nintendo Treehouse!

moomoo

@Slapshot I wouldn't really call that "utilizing". When I think of that, I think of something that could only run on the device. Like Infinity Blade 2.

Just because a game is looking cleaner doesn't necessarily mean that it's really making the most of the power of the machine. It's like running a Wii game through a dolphin emulator. Yeah, it makes it look better, but any game made for the ground up for an HD device is going to look leaps and bounds better than that. That's what I was asking about.

Also, I don't really think I"m a hater. I play'd lots of stuff on my iPod touch before I ran out of good stuff to play because devs stopped making stuff that would work on my ipod. I'm aware of all the fantastic games on it (Bastion, TWEWY, Chaos Rings, Real Racing series, etc.) I just see no games outside of the possible exception of Real Racing 3 that make me think "hot digity darn, that's way better than anything the Vita could handle". If you could tell about such games, then that would be appreciated.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Lan

So how well do joysticks for capacitive screens work? Final Fantasy 3 is pretty hard to play with that crappy virtual joystick.

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

Jani-Koblaney

Lan wrote:

So how well do joysticks for capacitive screens work? Final Fantasy 3 is pretty hard to play with that crappy virtual joystick.

That why you get a Sony Xperia Play.

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

AlexSays

Slapshot wrote:

I love the iOS haters - I really do. I sit down and show people the things on my iPad, because every single time I get the exact same reaction: "Wow! I had no idea that I could play games like that on an iPad!"

Isn't this the truth. The misconceptions around iOS gaming are mindblowing sometimes.

AlexSays

shingi_70

Anyone playing Puzzles and Dragons? Its pokemon meets bejewled.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

rayword45

NiMH's thread has shown me how iOS-saturated this place is.

So... Who else has an Android phone? Any good games you can recommend? Severely lacking rhythm game love minus Tap Tap (total poo IMO, prefer faster-paced games to be on the PC like Flash Flash Revolution) and shoddy games like Finger Dance. Still waiting for that ReRave port, hoping for stuff like Groove Coaster.

Edited on by theblackdragon

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

NImH

rayword45 wrote:

NiMH's thread has shown me how iOS-saturated this place is.

So... Who else has an Android phone? Any good games you can recommend? Severely lacking rhythm game love minus Tap Tap (total poo IMO, prefer faster-paced games to be on the PC like Flash Flash Revolution) and shoddy games like Finger Dance. Still waiting for that ReRave port, hoping for stuff like Groove Coaster.

Argh. Thanks @rayword45. I'm totally clueless about mobile gaming and admittedly, I've been a bit of a bigot toward the genre. Now that I have a Droid phone, I'm eating my words. Do any members of this fine Nintendo community have any suggestions on some good games with substance I can put on my mobile?

NintendoNerd since 1986. Dream Address: 4900-2590-0032 Town: DeNile My Sadloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-2275-8578-8399 | 3DS Friend Code: 3239-3091-0052 | Nintendo Network ID: NImH37 | Twitter:

rayword45

Other genres (I don't use my phone for games much because of the lack, mostly prefer using it for movies and music)

Rhythm Game: ReRave (worth the wait for this to be released). Other then that, Bit.Trip Beat. Personally wouldn't touch Tap Tap with a 9-and-a-half foot pole.
Simulation: Zen Pinball
Platformer: You can find tons, but controls are usually shoddy. Only action-based one I can think of is Gunman Clive
Puzzlers: This is where platformers shine moreso. Karoshi and Toki Tori are both awesome
Visual Novel: Surviving High School (Really cheesy, but not much in the way of VNs anyways)
Strategy: Swords and Soldiers/Bloons Tower Defense 4
Mindless gameplay: Any Bejeweled clone. Screw Rovio.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

moomoo

Hook Champ is on Android. Get it. Now.
It's basically a platformer where you move with a hook. It's fun, addictive, and funny.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Bankai

Baroque, one of the better Wii RPGs is now on iPad for free download (pay money for the full game etcetc)

Really worth the download. Takes a little tweaking to be comfortable (by default the camera controls are too slow) but once you're there it's as good as the Wii/ PS2 game. Hardcore difficulty, dark setting, action roguelike style. Great stuff.

rayword45

Didn't see Hook Champ on the Play Store.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

NImH

I downloaded Jetpack Joyride and Kung Fu Master... Shallow yet fun! I can dig it.

NintendoNerd since 1986. Dream Address: 4900-2590-0032 Town: DeNile My Sadloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-2275-8578-8399 | 3DS Friend Code: 3239-3091-0052 | Nintendo Network ID: NImH37 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.