Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 681 to 700 of 715

Anti-Matter

Unfortunately...
For me
Dance Dance Revolution series >>>>> Theathrythm 😁
I like to move my legs and body to hit the corresponding arrows rather than touch the screen only.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Morpheel

Completely different games, you don’t even need to compare them

Also rather off topic, so let’s please stay in-topic.

Edited on by Morpheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Dezzy

Dance Dance Revolution is always on-topic for Anti-Matter

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Anti-Matter

@Morpheel
Hehehe.... Sorry. 😅

My Top 6 games :

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Anti-Matter

Btw, is it me or World of Final Fantasy was Too Chatty during the gameplay ?

My Top 6 games :

Xyphon22

I'm playing through 3/6 on my SNES Classic right now. I don't think I'm that far into it yet (I just did the opera scene and got on the airship). It's fun, but I don't think it compares to Chrono Trigger yet. It seems a lot easier, and there appears to be no reason to ever pick the Fight command over the special power. The only thing that makes it difficult is that the Blitz commands never register correctly so I usually waste a turn with Sabin. It's like Chrono Trigger was amazing, but more of a straightforward RPG, so they put a lot of extra fluff in this one that are mostly overpowered or useless (I actually don't know which game was made first). Does it pick up, or stay like this throughout the game?

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Dezzy

@Xyphon22

The basic setup stays the same. Although the story does change a lot in the final third.

Xyphon22

@Dezzy OK, thanks. Yeah, I've heard of the big turn that takes place halfway through. I assume that is what you are talking about. And after I said what I said above about it being easy, the very next place I went has suddenly become a lot harder (the Imperial city Vector or something like that). The two things I really don't like are random encounters and having all of the possible teammates but being stuck with whoever you choose for so long. I wish it was either limited like Chrono Trigger or let you change on the fly (preferably the former).

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Dezzy

Ok so they've announced a FF7 concert a day before E3 in LA:

It's called "Symphonic Reunion". "Reunion" was the term they used in the reveal trailer for the FF7 Remake to describe the remake itself.

A few years back, this is how they revealed KH3, at a dedicated concert event.

I'm 90% sure this the remake reveal. Reveal at the concert and then show additional footage at E3.

Edited on by Dezzy

DarthNocturnal

Reunion is also that thing Sephiroth wants real bad.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

PikPi

I hope so. I need to be convinced again

PikPi

Dezzy

DarthNocturnal wrote:

Reunion is also that thing Sephiroth wants real bad.

Yes, it's a thing within the game too. The reveal trailer used double entendres with a lot of references from the game to describe the real-world anticipation for the remake. This is what it said:

"The memory of the star that threatened all burns eternal in our hearts.
In its wake came an age of silence.
Yet with each fond remembrance, we knew: those encountered were not forgotten.
But after the long calm, there are now beginnings of a stir.
The reunion at hand may bring joy, it may bring fear.
But let us embrace whatever it brings. For they are coming back."

If terms of the in-game story, those passages make no sense at all. It's obviously referring to the real-world love for FF7 and the anticipation of a remake.

Edited on by Dezzy

Morpheel

It's kinda funny but what totally surprised me was hearing voices. And in English.

I don't know why, I just never really thought about Final Fantasy 7 with voice acting before.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

DarthNocturnal

Maybe it's been awhile, but some voices sounded... new.

Maybe it was a rush-job dub with placeholder voice actors? Or maybe it has been that long (the fact that no FF characters barring moogles are in KH3 and Cloud uses his Japanese voice actor in all versions of Smash 4 & Ultimate doesn't help).

EDIT: I'm mostly referring to Cloud and Sephiroth. Especially the latter.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Dezzy

Morpheel wrote:

It's kinda funny but what totally surprised me was hearing voices. And in English.

I don't know why, I just never really thought about Final Fantasy 7 with voice acting before.

Did you not watch Advent Children, play Dirge of Cerberus or Crisis Core?

Morpheel

None of those are final fantasy 7.

And out of those, I only watched Advent Children, in Japanese... Which might as well be animal crossing speak, because I don’t understand it.

Eh! My gameplay videos

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic