Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 701 to 720 of 1,675

DenDen

@Zeldafan79 its al about Midgard.
Consider this as a brand new game, more of a reboot.
I ADORE it for what it is, dont compare it with the orginal VII Belive me Im sure that you will Like it.

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Zeldafan79

It's been on my to get list since i heard about it but i was a little worried it would feel like a glorified demo or something since it's not the whole game. I understand why the original had to be on multiple discs but even now in 2020 they can't get it all on one disc? When gigantic games like the witcher or red dead redemption 2 can fit on one disc i don't get why FF VII had to be episodic but whatever. I'll get it anyway someday.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

Buizel

@Zeldafan79 I wouldn't pass on it just because it only covers Midgar. It really does a great job of diving deep into that part of the story and it very much feels like a full-priced game in it's own right. Sure, it's padded out a bit here and there - but so are most RPGs. It takes 35-40 hours to finish the story.

That said, Midgar was always my favourite part of the original.

At least 2'8".

DenDen

@Zeldafan79 they decided to do it in parts because they have financal troubles Thats the main reason they choose this approach like @HunterLeon said it still feels like a full game not a glorified Demo.

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Dezzy

@DenDen

Where are you getting that from? I've read nothing about financial troubles.

The reason they're doing it in parts is because it would be impossible to make the original game with modern production values and fit it into a single release. It would be like 200 hours long, and not profitable for them.

Zeldafan79 wrote:

It's been on my to get list since i heard about it but i was a little worried it would feel like a glorified demo or something since it's not the whole game. I understand why the original had to be on multiple discs but even now in 2020 they can't get it all on one disc? When gigantic games like the witcher or red dead redemption 2 can fit on one disc i don't get why FF VII had to be episodic but whatever. I'll get it anyway someday.

It definitely doesn't feel like a glorified demo. It's a pretty huge game.

The main reason it didn't fit on 1 disc is because they STILL use prerendered video cutscenes, which take up massive amounts of disc space. I really don't know why they bother nowadays though, because they don't really look much better than the in-game graphics.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

DenDen

@Dezzy it was in the gaming news for a long time, its slowly getting better now but they where in big trouble thats also one of the reasons they decided to split the game in different series (easy to search on the net)

https://variety.com/2019/gaming/news/square-enix-financial-de...

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2018/11/07/square-enix-f...

Yes it is older news but use it to see where Im getting it from.

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Dezzy

@DenDen

I remember these reports yes. But that was only for the financial year of 2018. I don't see any mention of that influencing the FF7 remake planning. I'm pretty sure those plans were in place long before 2018.

Diddy64

New information about Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered.

Edited on by Diddy64

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

kkslider5552000

I finally got the gold Chocobo in FFVII. Thank god.

After this I might move on to the finale instead of doing anymore of the endgame extra bosses (especially since one of them can still kill my whole party in one attack).

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

shazbot

Am I crazy or does it seem like FF Crystal Chronicles is going to be delayed?

With all the negative press around, I was trying to remember the release date - went to Nintendo.com / Coming Soon and couldn't find it. Checked here, and it's listed as 27 August, and I could have sworn it was on US site a while ago, but now it's gone. It's on nintendo.co.uk, but listed as TBD release date . And on the official site, you can only pre-order for PS4.

Thoughts?

Edited on by shazbot

shazbot

Anti-Matter

@shazbot
You can consider the Gamecube version as alternative choice if the Remaster version goes wrong.

Anti-Matter

BruceCM

SE's site still has it for 28th August, on all platforms & tweeted on the 21st to say one week to go, so it seems unlikely it's delayed at least at their end .... If there's any other weird delay to specifically Switch version, we should hear soon!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

shazbot

@Anti-Matter Lol, yeah, would have to travel to a different continent to get my GCN and GBA...and I don't think I ever owned this game...or a GBA link cable...and I can't travel b/c of COVID...but great advice

shazbot

DenDen

Oeff the ff chronicles get bashed hard, well I loved the original will get this one eventually

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Dezzy

Slowdive wrote:

I've seen plenty of people bashing Final Fantasy VII Remake for being a short part of the total experience. Fine. But these people have to realize that there's much more content and subtext to be found in that section of the remake than the original. I needed this to get off my chest, so there you are!

Yeah, they added plenty of awesome stuff to it, which I really appreciated. But there was quite a bit of padding too. If they'd removed all of the unnecessary padding, as well as that stupid ending they added on, how much further could the story have got? They probably could've got to Junon I would guess.

I think the reason they ended it at Midgar is ultimately because they wanted it to line up with Zack's deathplace.

Balta666

I have been playing FF XV for a week or so now and I have to say that although a very flawed game I am having quite some fun with it (although I quite hate the combat Gameplay and therefore i am mostly grinding with side quests and avoiding story in a way that I only fight with minimum 10+ levels. I have just reached chapter 6 as level 43 lol)

Edited on by Balta666

Dezzy

@Balta666

Remember to play the DLC during the main story.

BruceCM

It's in the main menu, @Balta666 .... It's an awkward system, tbh but that's probably why he's reminding you about it

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic