Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 661 to 680 of 763

Dezzy

@Ralizah

The characters and story for FF12 are definitely not irritating. They're just uninspiring.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Dezzy

In case anyone missed it, the Ardyn anime prequel has been announced for February:
The difficulty of explaining how to actually play this game increases yet again. This is a prequel to the main game but you have to watch it at the end of the main game because it contains spoilers.

Edited on by Dezzy

DarthNocturnal

Isn't that kinda how prequel content works? Forgone conclusions are inevitable.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Dezzy

@DarthNocturnal

I don't follow. Why would prequels work like that? Kingsglaive is a prequel (more or less) but that doesn't contain spoilers for the main game. It's intended to be watched first.

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy Release dates are the key here, if the prequel releases after the main game there'll generally be main game spoilers. Take Torna for example, it's a prequel to Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and very early on there's a massive spoiler for the base game so it's most wise to play through the main game first.

If the prequel releases before or possibly around the same as the main game then main game spoilers is unlikely.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DarthNocturnal

@Dezzy

Doesn't Kingsglaive mostly happen alongside XV? I remember the complaints about how XV's story was broken up across various media.

I don't see why it's difficult to explain how to play/ watch things. If someone wants to go in order of release, they'll do that. If they want chronological order, they'll do that.

It guess to me, it's like worrying about someone watching the Prequel Trilogy before Original. They'll get to “Luke, I am your father“ sooner or later...

Dezzy

@DarthNocturnal

They slightly overlap. Kingsglaive has finished by the time you've finished chapter 1.

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@Dezzy Release dates are the key here, if the prequel releases after the main game there'll generally be main game spoilers. Take Torna for example, it's a prequel to Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and very early on there's a massive spoiler for the base game so it's most wise to play through the main game first.

Sometimes but not necessarily. A prequel for Luna wouldn't include any spoilers really because all of the important information about her is available immediately anyway.

Edited on by Dezzy

Dezzy

Ardyn anime has been released.

Pretty great stuff. Reminder that this contains spoilers for the main game though so only watch it if you've played the game. If not, you can safely watch the trailer for the DLC at the end, as that's pretty much spoiler free (starts at 13:34 of this video). It looks pretty damn awesome, certainly the most ambitious DLC yet.

Releases March 26th. And they've also announced that the other cancelled DLC will be released in a short novel format (meh), which means that March 26th does finally mark the end of the FFXV saga. I know some people were waiting til it was all finished to play the game, so March 26th is your date (you can start before that if you want because this DLC fits in at the end of the main game)

Edited on by Dezzy

Anti-Matter

Question.
Is Kingdom Hearts 3 PS4 running on 30 fps or 60 fps on PS4 SLIM ?
Mine is PS4 SLIM.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

DarthNocturnal

@Anti-Matter

The game actually has a “Default“ and “Stable“ setting where frame rate is concerned. Default runs with an uncapped frame rate, while Stable locks to 30 (although I've heard reports that it's actually not really stable).

Frame rate ranges between 30 and 60 depending on what all is happening on-screen. This goes for both XB1 (including S) and PS4 (including Slim).

Dezzy

Oooo this is some subtle but big news.

Square Enix just had their investors briefing for the upcoming year. Their target operating income for the upcoming holiday is 4 times what they earned in the last year's holiday period (financial year Q3):

When asked for details by investors, they said more information will come out leading up to E3.
That sounds like FF7 remake baby! Christmas 2019 release.

Edited on by Dezzy

DarthNocturnal

@Dezzy

Or the Avengers game.

Dezzy

@DarthNocturnal

It's possible but I don't think so.

I don't think they'd make financial predictions based on something that hasn't been revealed yet, and isn't part of a continued franchise (so they know the average sales potential). Simply being a well known movie franchise is no guarantee of anything in the games industry.

We are talking about huge financial projections. About 4 times as much as Tomb Raider and Just Cause 4 combined. That's over 10 million copies. I really don't buy that they'd have that level of confidence in a completely new game that they have no audience reaction to. Whereas FF7 could very easily match that.

Combine that with the fact that Nomura recently answered a question where he said his keyword for 2019 was "Seven": https://www.dualshockers.com/final-fantasy-7-remake-news-2019/

I think this is it!

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy Isn't FFVII Remake still episodic though? So like part 1 may come in holiday 2019 but that only covering say the first fifth of the original game for example.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

PikPi

Honestly after KH3, I'm kinda weary of the remake. I'm wondering what story changes they're gonna make to better fit the expanded universe they've made with some of the FF7-related media.

PikPi

DarthNocturnal

The 723 Quartz Regalia is back in Forza Horizon 4 today. Completing a short championship on Expert adds it your garage. You can also obtain a Regalia Type-D via the normal Regalia's Car Mastery skill unlocks.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

Dezzy

@Grumblevolcano

Yes as far as we know it's definitely episodic. They never specified how many episodes they'd divide it into.

One explanation for why they're (possibly) releasing it earlier than people expected is that they have just broken it up into lots of episodes. So like you say, it could just be the first fifth of the game.

They did say each episode would be the size of a full game though. So the community has generally assumed 3 parts will be the magic number (they also said it would be like the FF13 trilogy, so even though they didn't explicitly say 3 parts, it was kinda implied by that). 5 parts probably wouldn't give you each episode being a full game. Unless they were to really cram it full of new material.

Edited on by Dezzy

Eagle9

Have been replaying FF Theatrhythm Curtain Call, inspiration thanks to those republished FF's for Switch : )

It all started from Game&Watch.

3DS Friend Code 5455 9594 9430.
Switch Friend Code 7313-1538-3028.

Dezzy

I preferred the first Theatrhythm as it had more of those video stages. Those were the highlight for me!

StableInvadeel

The videos were nice and all, but gamplay-wise they're easily the worst stages in the games.

Romani Ranch enthusiast.

Eh! My gameplay videos

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic