Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 661 to 670 of 670

Dezzy

Ralizah wrote:

inscrutable metaphysical shenaniganry in XC.

That's a good description of the last quarter of the game. I'm not a fan of that part either. Luckily, the first 3/4 of the game is much more grounded.

And I'm not opposed to the kind of nuts and bolts political focus in the FF12 story. But they could've done that whilst still having good characters. The characters suck. None of them develop throughout the story at all.
The one thing FF12 absolutely nails is it's world design. I would love to see a different set of characters and a different story set in that world.

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

Ralizah

@Dezzy I liked how the story in Xenoblade developed after Prison Island (for a while, anyway), but getting to that point was pretty boring.

I'm excited to play FFXII again with new eyes, so we'll see if my feelings change at all. I don't recall the characters or story irritating me like in Xenoblade.

If Xenoblade ever gets an HD Switch remaster, I'll likely play that again as well. I really loved XC2, and I want to enjoy the original as well.

Ralizah

CharlieSmile

here is a tangentially related thing:
last night I had a dream I went to a game store, and a clerk there told me with a very concerned voice, "you need to stop coming here to tell everyone that VI was the best Final Fantasy."

Hello world, I'm your wild girl!
I'm your ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-cherry bomb!

Switch Friend Code: SW-1787-3887-5088 | 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6315-2933 | My Nintendo: CharlieSmile | Nintendo Network ID: CharlieSmile | Twitter:

Dezzy

@Ralizah

The characters and story for FF12 are definitely not irritating. They're just uninspiring.

Dezzy

In case anyone missed it, the Ardyn anime prequel has been announced for February:
The difficulty of explaining how to actually play this game increases yet again. This is a prequel to the main game but you have to watch it at the end of the main game because it contains spoilers.

Edited on by Dezzy

DarthNocturnal

Isn't that kinda how prequel content works? Forgone conclusions are inevitable.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Dezzy

@DarthNocturnal

I don't follow. Why would prequels work like that? Kingsglaive is a prequel (more or less) but that doesn't contain spoilers for the main game. It's intended to be watched first.

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy Release dates are the key here, if the prequel releases after the main game there'll generally be main game spoilers. Take Torna for example, it's a prequel to Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and very early on there's a massive spoiler for the base game so it's most wise to play through the main game first.

If the prequel releases before or possibly around the same as the main game then main game spoilers is unlikely.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DarthNocturnal

@Dezzy

Doesn't Kingsglaive mostly happen alongside XV? I remember the complaints about how XV's story was broken up across various media.

I don't see why it's difficult to explain how to play/ watch things. If someone wants to go in order of release, they'll do that. If they want chronological order, they'll do that.

It guess to me, it's like worrying about someone watching the Prequel Trilogy before Original. They'll get to “Luke, I am your father“ sooner or later...

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Dezzy

@DarthNocturnal

They slightly overlap. Kingsglaive has finished by the time you've finished chapter 1.

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@Dezzy Release dates are the key here, if the prequel releases after the main game there'll generally be main game spoilers. Take Torna for example, it's a prequel to Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and very early on there's a massive spoiler for the base game so it's most wise to play through the main game first.

Sometimes but not necessarily. A prequel for Luna wouldn't include any spoilers really because all of the important information about her is available immediately anyway.

Edited on by Dezzy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic