Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 161 to 180 of 1,675

faint

@Snaplocket name some stellar sales on the 3ds or ds that are not nintendo or square...... I’ll hangout and wait for a bit. Oh and the 3ds still hasn’t outsold the psp.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

Dezzy

@faint

Monster Hunter- Capcom

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

faint

@Dezzy you mentioned one. That doesn’t refute my point at all. I could say the same against his argument on the psp monster Hunter. I’m not sure if you are being contrarian for fun or if you didn’t read the post I was writing in response to.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

kkslider5552000

How is Square Enix so inept that they brought out a worse version of Chrono Trigger on PC than the SNES game from 1995? How do you even accomplish that?

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

darkfenrir

Alright, played 1+ hour on the demo of FFXV PC and I must say- I love it already.

• Gorgeous graphics even on mostly Low to Average settings (And turning off most stuff)
  • The battle system really feels goooooood. I feel so satisfied beating up that lv12 enemy with my lv5 team. Well, people might feel it's too easy I guess? I enjoyed it though, so damn fun and chaotic.
  • The world feels big, although I realllllly wanted to get on Chocobo rather than the car. Should be fixed in full game
  • I can chat while letting Iggy drive me!! And I can go on Manual if I want to, so nice.

Well some negatives I would have is... sometimes warping to a warp-point feels wonky. Warp-strike is easy, warp-point is hard. Okay, nevermind that, I didn't hold the Warp button long enough to do it. After that it's now easy to do. xD

Other than that, not really. I'm quite easy to please, I guess.

Edit, remembered a negative, edited it again because I was dumdum lol.

Edited on by darkfenrir

darkfenrir

darkfenrir

@Snaplocket I see... I still have no idea for the rest yet (I trust my friend too when he said he enjoyed it), so yeah >_<)/ sorry but I wanted to give this game a try since the initial impression is good.

If I didn't like it, I won't lie and say I like it, don't worry. But so far, what I get is it's good.

And for the load times... well, in my laptop is not bad I think. Like, only the initial loading times are quite long (10-20secs, I think), then the fast travel is... 3-5 secs? Idk if it's my HDD or what, but I certainly find myself just jumping back to my car after finishing a quest easily.

darkfenrir

darkfenrir

@Snaplocket I see... I hope I won't have that turn to the worse, since that will mean that will end up as the game I have the worst opinion of in general

I'll temper my expectations as I play, but it's sooooo hard with such nice beginnings.

darkfenrir

Eel

(about CT on PC being a mobile port)

The saddest part is that their mobile ports on PC don't even support touch screens.

I would purchase several if they did.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

darkfenrir

@Snaplocket //pats your back

Yeah, feeling disappointed because of great beginnings are worse than weak start :/

At least weak start can get better and better as it goes on... v.v Well at least FFXV should be good to whet my appetite for Ni No Kuni 2 I feel

darkfenrir

darkfenrir

@DarthNocturnal Gotcha!

Time to lower my expectations so that I will be more pleasantly surprised then... ( o-o)...

Kinda hard.

darkfenrir

Dezzy

Snaplocket wrote:

@darkfenrir I had similar opinions to your's when I first started the game. It was only when I was about halfway through that the problems and rushed quality really started to show.

I can't remember who I've said this to at this point. But did you play it before the DLC or after?

Cos before the DLC, I'd agree with you. But after the DLC I think if you play the game with episode Ignis, Prompto and Comrades all inserted into the main storyline, it improves it exponentially.
It fixes both the main plot holes AND the pacing problems with the second half of the game.

Grumblevolcano

@Snaplocket To be fair, this is a natural outcome of open world games in general.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

@Snaplocket Don't know about Horizon but for BotW I disagree. Some of the DLC does actively fix issues with the base game like the Travel Medallion and Hero's Path for example.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dezzy

Snaplocket wrote:

@Dezzy No I did not play the DLC (bar the update that lets you skip the stealth section) but I did look it up and honestly nothing about looks all that interesting nor would it really fix any of my major problems. I mean, it probably gave the extras more character but it doesn't really help the fact that they don't feel that important in the MAIN STORY.

Depends what your problems were I guess but all I can say is that it fixed most of my problems with the game. Not all but most.
My main problems were (spoiler free):

1) The lack of screentime for ALL of the secondary characters. No-one outside of the main 4 guys and Ardyn were really covered at all and felt largely pointless.
2) The poor pacing of the game with the first half being very slow and open but the second half being a short linear sequence straight to the finish.
3) The massive plot holes in the character arcs for Ignis, Prompto and Ravus.
4) The lack of continuity in the storytelling between the first half and second. It feels like the point of your mission changes at the half way point but they never really explain why or go into the details. It's still not entirely obvious to me why they were motivated to do the 2nd half at all as I don't think they even knew about the crystal.

I'd then say that all of the updates and DLC have fixed 1,2 and 3 but not 4. Also the stuff coming in march and throughout the rest of the year will probably improve 1,2 and 3 as well. They might fix 4 as well (possibly with a Luna DLC, as that would probably be set early on in the story) but I'm guessing they probably won't and we'll be left with that weird transition where we don't really know why they're doing anything in the second half.

Edited on by Dezzy

Dezzy

Snaplocket wrote:

@Dezzy The story itself is still not very good, pacing issues and plot holes aren't the only problems. I just don't buy a lot of the scenarios. Pretty much no one but Ardyn and maybe the main 4 are actually interesting.

What do you mean "don't buy"? It's a fantasy game.

I think the story's great. Just lacking in explanation for what's going on in the background. You really need to read a lot of the additional material to fully understand everything I think. That's a fault of the story.
And like I said, it's not at all clear what happens at the half way point and why they continue going to the empire's capital. Maybe there's a bit of dialogue somewhere that I missed.

Dezzy

@DarthNocturnal

Yes, that's the ultimate reason they SHOULD have been heading there, as well as to just destroy the empire in general.
But they barely mention the crystal in the entire first half of the game. It doesn't seem like they're even thinking about it and I can't even remember if they know it was stolen in the first place. Same with the starscourge. That's hardly mentioned at all. It doesn't seem at all important until the second half.
Both of those plot devices should be threaded into the story at an earlier point if they want it to flow better.
Those problems actually make this game better on your second playthrough because you know which parts of the story you should be paying most attention to.

Edited on by Dezzy

Dezzy

@DarthNocturnal

I don't remember them being told that in the entire game. Maybe it was casually mentioned in a convo at some point but it's never made into a big issue.
I don't think they even know if the empire left Insomnia. They could have assumed the empire just took over the city and stayed there (therefore having no reason to move the crystal)

darkfenrir

Alright, I finished the game and... I must say that I actually enjoyed the latter part of the game more than the beginning (The beginning still good, but the huge world end up making me do all the random side quests instead of playing the story. Not a huge problem but still enjoyable)

I think chapter 14 (literally the end yes), is where all my favorite scenes are (Other than the end part of Altissia of course), all the boss rush, the story parts... they are great. I find myself loving the fights and the pieces of story shown to me.

Not to count that ending, argh Although I guess it didn't come as a huge surprise with the tone of the game.

I think I'll count it overall 8/10 ish, it hooks me the whole time I'm playing (other than some parts where I want to bop everyone on the head), but overall, it feels excellent for me.

(Tomorrow night- doing Episode Ignis )

Edited on by darkfenrir

darkfenrir

Dezzy

@darkfenrir
Ugh, you ignored my advice of doing the episodes in their chronological place!

Did you ignore the other 2 episodes too?

Ignis DLC and Prompto DLC fit perfectly into the story. You really should've played them as part of the game.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic