Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 141 to 160 of 1,675

Dezzy

@Snaplocket

I don't really see a huge distinction. It's no different than 3D models that you can only view from 1 camera perspective.
I think the only thing stopping them from aging well is the really low resolution. They still look great if you play on a Vita.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

darkfenrir

http://steamcommunity.com/games/637650/announcements/detail/1...

Next Monday, on 26th February, a free playable demo for Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition will be available to download! It will be available on the FFXV Windows Edition Steam page and will contain the entirety of Chapter 1. Not only will you be able to fully explore the tutorial and enjoy the opening main quests but you will also be able to test your PC to see how well FFXV Windows Edition will run on it and how high you will be able to push the graphics options.

You'll be able to test play chapter 1 before thinking to purchase! I think this will be great (I pray my laptop's strong enough)

darkfenrir

Dezzy

Good decision by them. The first chapter does a good job of getting things going and will probably make people want to play more.

I really hope they announce that the DLC has been made seamless in the main game.

If they don't, new PC players should consult this chapter breakdown so they know when to play each DLC episode. You really need to play the as part of the main story rather than separately at the end:
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Story_of_Final_Fantasy_XV

Dezzy

Holy phoenix down, this is absolutely mental:

https://gematsu.com/2018/02/final-fantasy-xv-four-new-episode...

4 new DLCs AFTER the March update. Continuing development into 2019. Episode Ardyn and Luna are the first 2.

And they're really going hardcore with the modding for the PC version. They're releasing their own modding tools for people to use, which will apparently include the ability to create your own new areas to place into the game world and create your own quests. This is so good. So even if Squenix don't make the second continent explorable, modders probably will. Someone needs to make Tenebrae explorable.

My guess is that they deliberately left this until now because they wanted to see what the preorders for the PC version would be like. Then if it those were poor, they'd just stop development. They just wouldn't be able to sustain interest without a successful PC release.

Edited on by Dezzy

Dezzy

Apparently someone's already made a cindy nude mod so it'll be ready for PC launch. Lolol.
They got the model data from that benchmark program.
Lightspeed perversion.

Dezzy

@Snaplocket

That's a random problem to have.

Dezzy

@Snaplocket

Not particularly. I prefer if they look good and stylish in a way that fits the game. That's all.

Xyphon22

I kind of asked this in another thread, but it fits better here. What is the easiest/best/cheapest way to get Final Fantasy II (what America calls Final Fantasy II, I guess it would be IV maybe)? I'm almost done with the original, and I have FFIII on the SNES Classic, but I'm wondering about getting II to play first. I see it's on the Wii Shop, but it costs 800 points and I only have 700 and I'm not sure I want to pay $10 to get 1000 more points when I only need 100 more just to get a game I don't know if I'll like on a system I never play anymore.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Dezzy

@Xyphon22

Definitely don't play the SNES version. Ugly as sin. You want either the PSP or DS version. Assuming you want to stay legal, the PSP version can be played on PSP or Vita. The DS version can be played on either DS, 3DS or Steam.

TuVictus

Playing Dissidia NT, I gotta say I love the music from the whole series. One song in particular that I love is Cloud of Darkness' theme

TuVictus

Xyphon22

@Dezzy @DarthNocturnal OK, thanks. I think I'll probably just pass on it. The DS version is $30 on Amazon and $20 used at Gamestop, and I don't really like playing on my phone or PC. Don't think that's worth it when I'm not really a big fan of Final Fantasy. I think I'll just move on to III to see what all the fuss is about and if there's any chance it can match Chrono Trigger like some people say (although I already know the answer to that is "No").

Xyphon22

Xyphon22

@DarthNocturnal I did see that there was a remaster of FF I & II for the PS1 that is only $10 so I could get that if I wanted to (my one non-Nintendo console is an original PS3), but honestly, I've never been a huge fan of FF. I've only played the original because it is on the NES Classic and I thought I'd give it another chance, and I have VI (there you go!) on the SNES Classic and everyone praises it like @faint so I'd like to try it, too (but Chrono Trigger is my 2nd favorite game ever so it has a lot to live up to). But I have too much else to play and do to bother really try playing all of a 15-game-long series or however many there are. I'm sure it might be good, but you can't play everything.

Xyphon22

Dezzy

@Xyphon22

I like it a lot more than Chrono Trigger.
They are quite different for saying they're the same genre made by the same company at the same time.
FF6 is much more mature a story. It's also a fair bit longer. I think FF6 probably started the trend of FF games being incredibly long.

kkslider5552000

I have a weird relationship with VI. I played it and depending on where I was in the game and story it was either an absolutely amazing experience or a more ambitious but sadly worse Final Fantasy IV. Like either the combat was really flawed (which I've heard from some hardcore FF fans) or I did a poor job of using everyone's cooler abilties, I dunno. Been over a decade so...

IV's probably my favorite game in the series tbh. Very much a Keep It Simple Stupid story compared to later games (even the really good ones) and I still fondly remember huge chunks of it despite not playing it more than once.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Grumblevolcano

Given FFXV is still being supported with new episodes, I wonder if maybe when the final content is released a complete edition for PS4/XB1/PC/Switch comes out (i.e. Square Enix waiting until all DLC is released before releasing a Switch version). Correct me if I'm wrong but I think none of the Square Enix games on Nintendo consoles have any paid DLC.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dezzy

Yeah I love the Chrono Trigger DS port. One of the only DS games I've held onto.

Apprently Squarenix are just dumping everything on Steam at this point. Except Crisis Core.

Edited on by Dezzy

boop22

So I just got a SNES classic, FFIII in the US is actually VI right?

boop22

faint

@Dezzy haven’t played that in ages. I remember it being decent but everyone else hating it.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic