Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 181 to 200 of 1,675

darkfenrir

@Dezzy Sorry! But I heard that Ignis' episode is actually an alternate ending so I decide to ignore it until the end :/ I did do Gladio's and Prompto's very near when it should be though (Although I pushed it back slightly just to ensure that I didn't get spoiled of the main story either)

But eh, overall I still find it's understandable even without them, they are just extra stuff

darkfenrir

Dezzy

@darkfenrir

Nope, episode Ignis CONTAINS an alternative ending. But it is not an alternative ending in itself.
It's set during the events in Altissia half way through the story.
The alternative ending is just a bonus you unlock after finishing the episode. It's pretty random on the whole and not as good as the regular ending imo. Its main benefit is that it clears up the question of who Izunia actually was. That was left completely ambiguous in the original story.

At what point did you play episode Prompto then? I think that was really good at making the second half better because of how it slows down the pacing.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

darkfenrir

@Dezzy Ah gotcha, well that alternative ending as itself makes me push it off (Will do it tonight? In around 10-12 hours after my work + dinner). I have a feeling I'll really like it though, Ignis is kinda my favorite throughout the story >:]

And I played once I got him back in my party (Yeah, slow af in things like this, but I don't mind). I think his episode is really cool- although more or less on the end part rather than the beginning XD Feels like too many enemies make him kinda harder to play as.

darkfenrir

Dezzy

@darkfenrir

It's definitely the best of the 3 main DLC. Best gameplay AND best storytelling.
The only thing Prompto DLC does better is offering a new environment to explore, and it's a bit longer than Ignis'.
Then Gladiolus DLC does nothing best.

Edited on by Dezzy

darkfenrir

@Dezzy Damn, now you are making me excited for it! Gah, night can't come sooner >:[

Gladio... is kinda normal ish. I think the problem is just it's just reiterating what we already know. But oh well, still not bad (and that bonus equip is good)

darkfenrir

darkfenrir

@Dezzy Alright, finished Episode Ignis, and boy, I'm glad I didn't touch it until I finished the game!

Even the first run (not the alternate ending) spoiled a lot of things from chapter 14 XD

Overall, yes I agree it's the best ending of all (And I like Ignis' attacks Spelldaggers feel so versatile without overbearing)

darkfenrir

Dezzy

@darkfenrir

Yeah I forgot there's that one clip of Bahamut's message. That was a bit out of place.

But it makes you appreciate Ignis more because of the sacrifice he makes and it also makes Ravus' behaviour make more sense. In the original launch version of the game, Ravus just made no sense at all. The only information you had was a radio segment that said he'd defected from the empire and been arrested.

darkfenrir

@Dezzy I don't remember there being radio segment, instead I get to know about him from... some scenes, I think? (I did the run as Gladio/Ignis after finishing Noctis' run during Chapter 14)

Saw the scene between Ravus and "Noctis" :[ Really feelsbad, at least he managed to do it properly at Ignis alternate end

darkfenrir

Dezzy

@darkfenrir

Yep those Chapter 13 scenes were added a few months after the game released to help clear things up. Before they were added, there was a single radio transmission and that was it.

Besides those Chapter 13 scenes happen after you've seen the empire attack Tenebrae, which you're left with no explanation for normally. As we see in Kingsglaive, Tenebrae is firmly under the control of the empire at the start. So they'd have no reason to attack it but for the fact that Ravus goes rogue.

Edited on by Dezzy

darkfenrir

@Dezzy Ah, wow. He was so important and only relegated to radio transmission... :v SE please, what were you thinking. At least things are more solid now.

And I see ( O.O) Oh yeah... I think Ravus set up is also when we were talking with one of the Tenebrae's servant, when we stopped at one when riding the train after that crazy Daemons attack

darkfenrir

Dezzy

@darkfenrir

So what do you hope for in the upcoming DLC?

We've been told there are 4 DLC coming. I hope we get:

-Episode Ardyn (which they've pretty much confirmed is the first one), which will be various flashbacks to Ardyn's exploits over the years. I hope that covers his early years in Insomnia (where I assume he was originally from, although that's not explicitly stated) as well as how he came to control Niflheim.

-Episode Luna, which I hope is set at the end of Kingsglaive as she makes her way to Altissia and stops to awaken the astrals on the way. They should throw in 2 more characters to help her so it's a party still.

-And then the last 2 DLC should be map expansions that make the continent of Niflheim explorable. We already know they've actually designed large chunks of it. It just needs to be linked up to the train track and then add some sidequests and NPCs.

Edited on by Dezzy

darkfenrir

@Dezzy I probably will hope for more type of battle system- It's all nice to get to know how difference each character handles XD

And more lores and world building! >:] Hopefully they all came to PC though, I haven't see the season pass on PC yet.

That list you gave sounds good though, I won't mind those! (Although last 2 DLC being more character focused is something I won't mind too). Maybe something like, an after story for Episode Ignis' alternate ending?

darkfenrir

Dezzy

This is by far the best review of FFXV I've seen. He really nails exactly what's good and bad about it.

The summary at the end I think is perfect too and completely captures my feelings towards it: "It's the worst game I've ever loved."

Dezzy

They're apparently talking about the modding software they're releasing for FF15 at PAX.

I hope it's really expansive and crazy. Like letting modders easily write new sidequests and add new locations and all that.

I hope they drop a surprise Episode Ardyn trailer too.

Edited on by Dezzy

darkfenrir

Hopefully so! I'm putting off playing Comrades personally so I can get back into FFXV quite easily.

(Hopefully all the cool mods will come out during my drought moment oh wait I can just put it off lololol)

darkfenrir

Dezzy

@darkfenrir

You didn't play comrades in chronological order either? It's not brilliant gameplay wise or anything but it does a nice job of filling that hole in the story so you see how things fall apart while Noctis is away. It's so damn long as well that it does a good job of feeling like the 10 years in-game.

I'm told it even works that into the main story if you played the Royal Edition (PC edition).

Edited on by Dezzy

darkfenrir

@Dezzy Yeah, was planning to play comrades when with friends (but we tend to either forget, or I end up playing other games while waiting and it ends up not happening)

And I know it has some storylines and stuff, but thankfully tvtropes supplied me with enough things to know, besides the little thing I got in the Royal Edition when we go into their base seems good enough.

darkfenrir

Dezzy

@darkfenrir

The multiplayer stuff is apparently quite bad with Comrades. Like it's hard to choose who to play with or something. I dunno, I just did it single player, which luckily is good enough with AI teammates.
Most of the story stuff is fairly simple. It's not like it has a heavily scripted narrative, except at the very beginning and very end. The stuff in the middle is just dialogue. It's nice to see what all of the main characters got up to during the dark.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic