Forums

Topic: 360 or PS3?

Posts 21 to 40 of 100

irken004

cheetahman91 wrote:

irken004 wrote:

Also, I'd rather not pay for a 360 wireless internet adapter. Too expensive.

That's why they have ethernet cables or whatever the wire you can use to plug your 360 to the internet is called. It takes some time to get it set up and stuff, but it's worth it considering it's cheaper.

If only my hypothetical 360 wasn't so far away from my computer's ethernet router....

SunsetSlade

Stick whith the Wii man.
The PS3 has hardly any good exsculses and the 360
still has the Red ring of deaths and loads moer Bugs.
If you whant a secound System why not buy a handheld?

Gamer till the day i end up in a small wodden box.....
Or till the put all my Fav cartoons back on T.V

M00se

davegorack wrote:

Stick whith the Wii man.

what kind of crap r u talkin! man go online and look up some ps3 exclusives!

PSN ID: brucethemoose904
3DS FC: 3566-2025-1426
My Music: http://djm00se.bandcamp.com/
Previously known as: BB_Thrilla

RandomWiiPlayer

davegorack wrote:

Stick whith the Wii man.

You don't know what your talking about, and I am not a fan handheld gaming.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

cheetahman91

irken004 wrote:

cheetahman91 wrote:

irken004 wrote:

That's why they have ethernet cables or whatever the wire you can use to plug your 360 to the internet is called. It takes some time to get it set up and stuff, but it's worth it considering it's cheaper.

If only my hypothetical 360 wasn't so far away from my computer's ethernet router....

Oh, that makes sense. That sucks.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

DarkG

irken004 wrote:

cheetahman91 wrote:

irken004 wrote:

Unless it is more than 100 meters away, Ethernet is better and cheaper... if it's more than 100 meters away, ethernets is still more reliable and cheaper...

De Puerto Rico a Los Angeles, the New York al Dirrty South
Este guerrero latino es representa'o
Muero de pie hantes de vivir arrodillao
Y tu eres fake'ah, mas fake'ah que chinatown

SwerdMurd

^seconded. I'm forced to use wireless, as I'd need like a 50 foot cable given the current cable modem location, and it's ridiculous. Granted PS3 is very kind when you have a good wireless connection (it's way more reliable than my laptop or iMac is with the same connection...which is quite poor) but all consoles, if used online for multiplayer gaming, should be connected via. Playing wireless as a last resort, and as soon as this interim live-with-parents is over and new lease starts, I'll be wired and playing like a real person once again. Still baffled as to the 360 wireless adaptor's price tag though.

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

Axoloth

It's like Djungelurban said; it depends on if you like Japanese or US games. I'm personally getting a PS3, as it has great exclusives (some of them first-party games, like The Last Guardian), while all of the games I would want for the 360, I can also find on the PS3 or PC. Well, except for Dead Rising, but with its sequel being a multiplatformer, that one might also find its way to the PS3 eventually.
Oh, and the PS3 has a Blu-ray player, if that counts for anything.

I have a Backloggery now! Nothin' fancy, but feel free to add me as a friend.
[21:15] Axoloth joined the conversation
[21:16] Axoloth: I love you, dead chat
[21:17] dead chat runs away
[21:17] dead chat has left the convers...

Ravage

I would lean toward PS3, but the two consoles suck equally (and are also equally awesome ). The more powerful PS3 doesn't mean anything on almost every game. Sony isn't paying for exclusive content (unlike Microsoft). The Blu-Ray drive adding more space for your games is a load of crap (excuse the language ). Because the Blu-Ray drive is a little slower, it has to install games onto the console itself and take up much more space than just a save file. Xbox has better online, sure, but is it really worth that little bit? Are you really going to use it to it's full extent? That would make the prospect of free online look much better if you're not going to care about these extra "features". The few exclusives on PS3 are from, almost exclusively, Sony. Also, Xbox still does not have a built in wireless network adapter, which is much more expensive than it should be.
The real question is, how long will the two consoles last? Most will say the PS3 will keep going longer because it had a late start, is more powerful, etc. However, Sony may want to get a new console out there and get a fresh start before Microsoft does. Microsoft seems like a likely candidate to get a new console out there, they've milked the Xbox quite enough already and I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even add integration for their new eye toy whatchamacallit in their new console that will probably come out a year after the whatchamacallit comes out.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

RandomWiiPlayer

Ravage wrote:

I would lean toward PS3, but the two consoles suck equally (and are also equally awesome ).

Okay, your post was helpful and all, but does this mean you like them or don't like them?

The Game.

SMEXIZELDAMAN

What is your conscience telling you? Whatever it says do NOT listen! (conscience:XBox dude...)
Get Ps3! I play at my friends and enjoy much more than XBox, but it's your decision....muahahahahaaa.....

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

Ravage

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Ravage wrote:

I would lean toward PS3, but the two consoles suck equally (and are also equally awesome ).

Okay, your post was helpful and all, but does this mean you like them or don't like them?

I don't own either, but I am leaning toward a PS3 myself for next year (summer of next year). All the consoles have weaknesses and the PS3 and 360 have fairly similar weaknesses. The one thing that makes me wonder about getting either are in fact, the controllers. I like shooters, but dual analogue is not something I want to go back to, but PC is a lot of hassle and very expensive. I am short on money, but I just want to get Bad Company 2

If any of that made sense

Edited on by Ravage

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Modern_Legend

@davegorack u...fail lol man i sense some real desire to earn a 2nd console by the nature of ur post against the 2 hd consoles. Just admit, dont start talking smack everywhere when u dont even kno anything.

On topic man, id say ps3, i looked intensively into both and the blu ray on ps3 is a bonus, but the exclusives like uncharted 2 i liked more. Anyways failures rates are about even not 54.4 anymore, especially on new elites, which rarely RROD anymore. So really, look at exclusives, whether u want blu ray or not, etc, and pick. I like my ps3, was happy i chose it over the 360. Many games are shared on both consoles too so have at it. My call, ps3 ftw

PSN ID: MixedMajik
Wii Number - 5995 0961 9020 5722 SSBB - 1504 5385 8344 Mario Kart Wii - 5327 1326 6518 Bomberman Blast 5370 8314 4869 Water Warfare 5327 9207 9563 http://www.nintendoli...

shingi_70

Well i have enjoyed my 360 since i had it and i recommend it to you. Well i personally think the system has a more diverse line up of games then the PS3, most people chock the 360 up to nothing but shooters but i can disprove that and i'm only going to use 360 exclusive tittles.

RPG-Mass effect,Lost odessy,Blue dragon,Infinte Undiscovery,The last remnant
Shooter-Halo,Gears of war,perfect dark zero
racing-Joyride,Project gotham racing,Fozra
Platformer-Kameo,Banjo and kazzoie
downloadable-Shadow Complex,GTA epsoides,Sam and Max, Wallace and Gromit
Apps-Facebook(on ps3 now i think),Netflix,Sky player,twitter,Last FM

also the online service is better people complain about the $50 a year but that for server up keep. Microsoft keeps tabs on thier online servers themslves unlike Sony who regulates it to some third Party that why modern warfare crashed for a whole day while the 360 owners still got to play.

Anywho thier pretty much the same system the only diffrece is fisrt party exclusives and the 360 has more thrid party exclusive support. I would suggest getting a DS or Ipod touch since thise two and the wii and really the most diffrentr things you'll get this gen.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

The_Fox

I might be a little biased, but I'd go for the 360. It partially depends on how much online multiplayer factors into the equation for you. You'll get a better online experience with the 360, even if paying for gold is annoying.
As far as games go I don't think you can go wrong with either.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

RandomWiiPlayer

Well, I really want to experiment with my companies. I have tried Sony........ And MS is looking really good this year......... Maybe its time? I have tried Sega, Sony, and Nintendo (Obviously)............ Ah.....

The Game.

Panduh

360, and Halo... Only two words needed.

Currently Playing: Pikmin 3 and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Recently Beat: Wind Waker HD, Mario 3D World, and A Link between Worlds

3DS Friend Code: 3394-3590-1909 | Nintendo Network ID: androidcall

Modern_Legend

well if u make up ur mind dont change it, go forward with ur own idea and live with wat u get, be proud of ur own decision

PSN ID: MixedMajik
Wii Number - 5995 0961 9020 5722 SSBB - 1504 5385 8344 Mario Kart Wii - 5327 1326 6518 Bomberman Blast 5370 8314 4869 Water Warfare 5327 9207 9563 http://www.nintendoli...

RandomWiiPlayer

HALO IS EXTREMELY OVERRATED. I wouldn't get Halo 3 if I got a 360

The Game.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.