Showing 41 to 60 of 100

AuthorMessage

Ravage

41. Posted:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

HALO IS EXTREMELY OVERRATED. I wouldn't get Halo 3 if I got a 360

Good call :D

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.
Just Say No To Toast!

AuthorMessage

Rhansley64

42. Posted:

From my point of view neither system isn't worth getting unless you really want the first party games all Multiplatform games on both Xbox 360 and PS3 are on PC anyway + PC has it's own PC exclusive games, the reason why i got the Wii because i always trust Nintendo's Console of them all + Wii has the most exclusive first and third party games right now on the market, but if i had to choose between the PS3 and Xbox 360 that's like choosing a 50% Hardware failer + 1 year ahead some third party games + Microsoft Exclusive content against a 10% Hardware failer + 1 year behind some third party games + First Party Titles.

Rhansley64

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4690-1695 | Nintendo Network ID: Rhansley64 | Twitter: Rhansley64

AuthorMessage

Ravage

43. Posted:

The PC isn't the greatest choice because it gets ridiculously expensive and there are frequent hardware crashes, failures, conflicts, and everything in between. The controls are better, but that's about it.

Just Say No To Toast!

AuthorMessage

DarkG

44. Posted:

I would add that every single old Nintendo fan should have an Xbox 360... Rare is now owned by Microsoft... Conker: LIVE & Reloaded, Perfect Dark, Kameo: Elements of Power, Viva Piñata, Banjo-Kazooie, etc. are all there, and better than ever, so why not?
And they are all under the supervision of Peter Molyneux, one of the greatest men in the business (I would dare to say the best one that's currently not working or related with Nintendo in any way lol)

@Ravage, if you know how to do it, you can build yourself a very good gaming PC for less than $1500 USD, that will not only max out Crysis @ 60 fps, but will also play everything in the coming 5 years at least, with Medium or better settings (only the Xbox 360 quality would come closer, and most of the time that PC will have better quality)... and those $1500 is including a Windows 7 Home Premium license if you don't have one...

PS: for those who don't know him, Peter Molyneux was the mastermind behind the Black & White idea, and the whole Fable series... and he has a good grade of involvement on the Project Natal...

Edited on by DarkG

De Puerto Rico a Los Angeles, the New York al Dirrty South
Este guerrero latino es representa'o
Muero de pie hantes de vivir arrodillao
Y tu eres fake'ah, mas fake'ah que chinatown

AuthorMessage

RandomWiiPlayer

45. Posted:

Ravage wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

It isn't that it is a bad game....... Just not my kind of game. It seems like it would be, but something about it just ticks me off.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

AuthorMessage

DarkG

46. Posted:

@RandomWiiPlayer: I personally didn't, and for the most part still don't like Halo (except Halo Wars for obvious reasons (Ensemble Studios' last game), but I've come to actually like the story behind it...and I personally like the single player campaign, it's actually fun, and the story is good, even if you don't completely like the multiplayer like me, you'll find more than enough fun in the single player campaign (which can be player co-op)

AuthorMessage

The_Fox

47. Posted:

Rhansley64 wrote:

From my point of view neither system isn't worth getting unless you really want the first party games all Multiplatform games on both Xbox 360 and PS3 are on PC anyway + PC has it's own PC exclusive games, the reason why i got the Wii because i always trust Nintendo's Console of them all + Wii has the most exclusive first and third party games right now on the market, but if i had to choose between the PS3 and Xbox 360 that's like choosing a 50% Hardware failer + 1 year ahead some third party games + Microsoft Exclusive content against a 10% Hardware failer + 1 year behind some third party games + First Party Titles.

Boy + you + sure + like + plus + signs + and + dislike + periods.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

AuthorMessage

Ravage

48. Posted:

DarkG wrote:

@Ravage, if you know how to do it, you can build yourself a very good gaming PC for less than $1500 USD, that will not only max out Crysis @ 60 fps, but will also play everything in the coming 5 years at least, with Medium or better settings (only the Xbox 360 quality would come closer, and most of the time that PC will have better quality)... and those $1500 is including a Windows 7 Home Premium license if you don't have one...

But that's kind of my point. A console will usually last 5 years and cost you much less than $1500. Sure, you can argue that upgrading your PC costs less than a new console, but at the rate of advancement, you come to a point where you need to spend another $1500 for a new PC (or whatever the equivalent is when factoring in inflation rates). Also, splitscreen FTW.

I need Wii FPS controls on a more powerful console :(

Just Say No To Toast!

AuthorMessage

smithers

49. Posted:

ok i have a xbox and borrowed a PS3 from my friend for 2 months and am now getting one for christmas....the PS3 is easily the better system....Blu-ray...free online....web browsing....facebook now.....getting netflix like this week i think...and IMHO it has the better exclusives

what it really comes down to is what exclusives you want between the two though

PlayStation profile
PSN ID = Smithers434

AuthorMessage

RandomWiiPlayer

50. Posted:

Well, I'm sure I can get my FPS fill with Call of Duty and Bad Company. Adventure game fill with........ eh...... Darksiders, right? There are more I'm sure. I am starting to lean towards the 360....

The Game.

AuthorMessage

Ravage

51. Posted:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Ravage wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

It isn't that it is a bad game....... Just not my kind of game. It seems like it would be, but something about it just ticks me off.

The thing that ticked me off is summed up with: Beep Beep Beeeeeep.
It's not that I died a lot (I was better than most of my friends who owned the game after a few rounds on a map), but the everything about it seemed soooo slow!

Edited on by Ravage

Just Say No To Toast!

AuthorMessage

DarkG

52. Posted:

@Ravage
Not really, after those 5 years, that PC will more than likely keep playing newly released games... specially if you get a Radeon HD5k card or newer... my PC is currently 3 years old, I spent $1000 USD on it, and it can still max out everything I throw at it, and since I have a Radeon card that has one of the latest Tessellators (DX11 feature), it's sure ti will keep maxing or nearly maxing everything for at least 3 more years...

AuthorMessage

Modern_Legend

53. Posted:

@aviator not exactly, its not fanboyism. Its different opinions clashing. Fanboyism is saying one or the other just console-centrically if you would allow for that word. In this however, the people disagreeing are not insulting the opposing people's views, and people in this topic are coming with the table with ACTUAL arguments for their own side to provide INSIGHT to the topic postr, people are not just typing repetitive chants of supremacy i.e PS3 IS BEST XBOX SUX or XBOX RULES PS3 HAS NO GAMES, you get my drift. So therefore, i deem this not to be fanboyism, OVERULED :P

PSN ID: MixedMajik
Wii Number - 5995 0961 9020 5722 SSBB - 1504 5385 8344 Mario Kart Wii - 5327 1326 6518 Bomberman Blast 5370 8314 4869 Water Warfare 5327 9207 9563 http://www.nintendolife.com/chat

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

54. Posted:

PS3 - for Final Fantasy(even though the series might not be getting better), and Blu-Ray. oooh! and Wi-Fi :p

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

RandomWiiPlayer

55. Posted:

zezhyrule wrote:

PS3 - for Final Fantasy(even though the series might not be getting better), and Blu-Ray. oooh! and Wi-Fi :p

Final Fantasy is on the 360 too, but I know about the whole disc situation. I can not tell the difference between DVD and Blu-Ray, and I added a link somewhere in this thread on how to use a laptop as a 360 wireless adapter.

The Game.

AuthorMessage

Axoloth

56. Posted:

Final Fantasy Versus XIII is a PS3 exclusive. If you get a 360 you'll miss out on lots of awesome Kingdom Hearts-ish gameplay. :p

I have a Backloggery now! Nothin' fancy, but feel free to add me as a friend.
[21:15] Axoloth joined the conversation
[21:16] Axoloth: I love you, dead chat
[21:17] dead chat runs away
[21:17] dead chat has left the conversation

AuthorMessage

DarkG

57. Posted:

Axoloth wrote:

Final Fantasy Versus XIII is a PS3 exclusive. If you get a 360 you'll miss out on lots of awesome Kingdom Hearts-ish gameplay. :p

For now... the normal Final Fantasy XIII was exclusive too... besides, the main series is far more important ofr FF fans than sub games, no?

Blu-Ray won't look better than upscaled DVD unless you are using a big enough TV, so it doesn't really add much value (specially since the Xbox 360 has Zune Marketplace with instant-on 1080p movie streaming, both rentals and to buy)...

If you could, you should get both... if you can only get one at a time ,get the Xbox 360 first... most of the old must haves are quite cheap now, so you can build an awesome collection of games quickly, and by the time you can get a PS3, the same will be true... Xbox 360 library of cheap AAA titles is bigger than the PS3 (because of the 360's headstart, and overall having a larger library of games)

AuthorMessage

That_Guy_from_Faxana

58. Posted:

Tough choice. I choose 360 because of nice games like Dead Rising (taking photos of the zombie apocalypse is awesome) and Dead Space. Still, the dreaded fan really sounds bad. You can get rid of the noisy dvd read sound by installing the games, but I´m really envyous on the quiet PS3.

PS 3 has a few aces too, wouldn´t mind Little Big Palnet or the Uncharted games. When it comes to Final Fantasy: The games aren´t even released yet, how do we know they are good? The J-RPG scene has a lot to prove this generation, and I doubt any of the FFXIII titles will live up to the hype.

That_Guy_from_Faxana

AuthorMessage

Axoloth

59. Posted:

@DarkG: I'm not sure I would call Versus a sub game, the console games and Agito form a compilation of sorts, and it's more like they're all made to be what the other two aren't.

But by all means buy a 360 if that's what you're leaning towards, TC. I would probably buy one myself if I ever found a reason to do so. But for now, the PS3 has everything that I want, that I can't get on my Wii. And vice versa.

Edit: Oh, and by the way DarkG, I'm a fan of the FF series, but it's more important for me to get Versus than it is to get the main game. My affection towards Kingdom Hearts might have something to do with that though...

Edited on by Axoloth

I have a Backloggery now! Nothin' fancy, but feel free to add me as a friend.
[21:15] Axoloth joined the conversation
[21:16] Axoloth: I love you, dead chat
[21:17] dead chat runs away
[21:17] dead chat has left the conversation

AuthorMessage

Magi

60. Posted:

That+Guy+from+Faxanadu wrote:

The J-RPG scene has a lot to prove this generation, and I doubt any of the FFXIII titles will live up to the hype.

I've been pretty pleased with Lost Odyssey. I won't call it perfect, but I dig it.

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

Sorry, this topic has been locked.