Other Gaming Forum

Topic: 360 or PS3?

Showing 81 to 100 of 100

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

81. Posted:

Konata wrote:

WRONG! PS3's are better. :D

Yes, PS3s are better. Most of the Xbox 360 exclusives are actually also avaible on the PC. Also, PSN is superior to XBLA because it's free, and Sony is introducing an OPTIONAL paid subscription called PlayStation Network Premium, which offers a lot of cool things. One of those cool things is being able to rent games via download on PSN. Also, PS3 games have a lot more capacity than Xbox 360 games. As for motion controls, it really shouldn't matter. Motion controls for the most part, have not changed games forever. I still prefer traditional controls for the most part. As for the failure rate, even if the Xbox 360's failure rate is lower than it has been in the past, the Xbox 360 still has problems. For example, my SECOND Xbox 360 [my first Xbox 360 died due to RROD] stopped reading my discs completly, so I had to send that in for repairs. The PS3 has a lot more exclusives, current and upcoming. Even the big RPGs on the Xbox 360 have to be put on multiple discs just like in the PS1 days, even the upcoming FFXIII! Tales of Vesperia AND Star Ocean:The Last Hope are getting PS3 enchaned ports, and they have TONS of more content and are on one Blu-Ray disc. Blu-Ray discs can have up to 50 GB of content, and if Sony wants to, they can release an update that allows Blu-Ray games up to 200 GB to be played on the PS3. Also, the PS3 can have up 120 GB with their hardrives, whereas the Xbox 30's hardrive have lesser harddrive compacity. Also, MAG is a PlayStation 3 exclusive, and MAG is a FPS that allows you to have more than 200 players online, I can go on and on, but I'll stop here for now. RWP, you might want to reconsider and buy a PS3 instead. It is superior to the Xbox 360 in every way. While I enjoy my PS3, I have my PS3 on top of my Xbox 360 while my Xbox 360 gathers dust.

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Axoloth

82. Posted:

Hyper+Luigi wrote:

The PS3 has a lot more exclusives, current and upcoming. Even the big RPGs on the Xbox 360 have to be put on multiple discs just like in the PS1 days, even the upcoming FFXIII! Tales of Vesperia AND Star Ocean:The Last Hope are getting PS3 enchaned ports, and they have TONS of more content and are on one Blu-Ray disc.

Urm, Final Fantasy XIII was originally a PS3 exclusive, so if anything it's the Xbox 360 version that's the port (in Japan it's still a PS3 exclusive, no plans for a 360 release). However, I think they started working on the 360 version halfway through the PS3 version or something, so I wouldn't really call it a port anyway.

And as far as exclusives go, if Valkyria Chronicles, Uncharted 1 and 2, MGS4, The Last Guardian, God of War 3, Demon’s Souls and Final Fantasy Versus XIII isn’t enough to convince you, then you’re probably better off with a 360 anyway.

I have a Backloggery now! Nothin' fancy, but feel free to add me as a friend.
[21:15] Axoloth joined the conversation
[21:16] Axoloth: I love you, dead chat
[21:17] dead chat runs away
[21:17] dead chat has left the conversation

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

83. Posted:

DarkG wrote:

something that wasn't worth my time and effort to bother deleting -- TBD

Lies? Just to let you know that all my stuff is facts. I did my research, you don't believe in PlayStation Premium? I can show you a link on that. I can also show a link on EVERYTHING ELSE. I also think my punctuation is pretty good, thank you very much. DarkG, why do you even own a PlayStation 3 if you hate it even that much? Oh, and I own all three consoles, how does that make me a fanboy? Just for the record, I owned a Xbox 360 more than 2 years before I bought a PS3. I am a lot more satisfied with my PS3 than my Xbox 360. Besides, I wasn't directing my post at you [but you responded, no surprise there]. I was directing the post at RWP, to let him know another viewpoint and let him decide for himself which console to buy. According to you, every person who likes the PS3 is a PS3 fanboy. I could say that you are a blantant Xbox 360 fanboy, but I don't. If you think the Xbox 360 is so great, then tell me why what I poster earler are lies, and tell me why the Xbox 360 is so much better than the PS3. My guess is you hate the PS3 because the connection to your PS3 is horrible in Columbia, and your connection to the Xbox 360 is much better. Well, I feel sorry for you because of that if that's the case. Sony is more of a Japanese company, so maybe their servers are not as good as Microsoft's servers are in Columbia. But in North America, that's a different story. Anyways, do what you want. But, just because you say that the Xbox 360 is superior to the PS3, does not make it a fact. Oh, and to be FAIR to the Xbox 360, XBLA has some good exclusives [but the PlayStation Store's game selection is better] and there are some good American RPGs on the system [but only a few].

@Axoloth-I know that, I was just trying to say that RPGs on both consoles have to be on multiple discs on the Xbox 360, while PS3 RPGs only have to be on one Blu-Ray disc.

Edited on by theblackdragon

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Axoloth

84. Posted:

@Hyper Luigi: M'kay. I agree with everything you said btw; my little brother's got a 360, and I don't find it that amazing. The PS3 is, imo, the better of the two, and has the better exclusives of the two. Sure XBLA has some decent ports of old Rare games, but other than that, Perfect Dark Zero and Dead Rising, the PS3 has the more interesting selection (especially with its PSOne Classics, but I don't count those as Europe gets neglected completely on that part).

I have a Backloggery now! Nothin' fancy, but feel free to add me as a friend.
[21:15] Axoloth joined the conversation
[21:16] Axoloth: I love you, dead chat
[21:17] dead chat runs away
[21:17] dead chat has left the conversation

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

85. Posted:

Axoloth wrote:

@Hyper Luigi: M'kay. I agree with everything you said btw; my little brother's got a 360, and I don't find it that amazing. The PS3 is, imo, the better of the two, and has the better exclusives of the two. Sure XBLA has some decent ports of old Rare games, but other than that, Perfect Dark Zero and Dead Rising, the PS3 has the more interesting selection (especially with its PSOne Classics, but I don't count those as Europe gets neglected completely on that part).

Yeah Europe gets the cold shaft on PSOne Classics. I hope it gets better for you guys in Europe. :( I have to agree with you, the PSN game selection is a lot better than XBLA. In fact, Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie are one of the few reasons I'm keeping my Xbox 360. I played Perfect Dark Zero, and it was a decent game. I have never played Dead Rising, but it looks somewhat intresting.

Edited on by Knux

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TKOWL

86. Posted:

Even though I like the Wii more, the 360 is far superior to the PS3. First, PSHome sucks, there are at least avatars on the 360, and the online is better on it. But you have to pay for it.

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter: TKOWL

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JTC-Pingas

87. Posted:

ryanknight717 wrote:

the 360 is far superior to the PS3. First, PSHome sucks,

WRONG AGAIN! :D

Edited on by JTC-Pingas

JTC-Pingas

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

88. Posted:

ryanknight717 wrote:

Even though I like the Wii more, the 360 is far superior to the PS3. First, PSHome sucks, there are at least avatars on the 360, and the online is better on it. But you have to pay for it.

How do you know that unless you have all three consoles? PS Home is awesome, and I know that because I tried it myself. Also, PS3 games have a lot less lag than Xbox 360 games.

Edited on by Knux

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DarkG

89. Posted:

Hyper+Luigi wrote:

Yes, PS3s are better. Most of the Xbox 360 exclusives are actually also avaible on the PC.

Partly true, most Xbox 360 exclusives are shared with Games for Windows - LIVE, except VALVe games that are on Xbox 360 and Steam. Stil, PC is Microsoft's second plattform, that's why they release games for it too, plus Games for Windows - LIVE is essentially a free version of Xbox LIVE for PCs (lacks some features, but since it uses the same servers is quite stable and responsive)

Oh, and don't forget that Xbox 360 is the one with superior hardware overall (better GPU, double the RAM, more bandwidth and faster drive, better online service, more ergonomic controller)... the PS3 sorta compensates that with a better CPU, but sadly it isn't that good for games... Also remember that the Xbox 360 GPU still has some components disabled, like the Tessellator (DX11) , that could be enabled for future games with a simple update.

Hyper+Luigi wrote:

Also, PSN is superior to XBLA because it's free, and Sony is introducing an OPTIONAL paid subscription called PlayStation Network Premium, which offers a lot of cool things. One of those cool things is being able to rent games via download on PSN.

It's free, and lacks lots of features... that means is actually worse, not better lol. And youi can have Xbox LIVE starting at $30 a year, is not that much, and the weekly and daily deals are more than worth that money.

Oh and paying a premium service to be able to pay to rent games? really? that actually sounds like a ripoff, something Sony seems to love doing (cough PSPGo cough)

Hyper+Luigi wrote:

Also, PS3 games have a lot more capacity than Xbox 360 games.

Not true, the BD does have more capacity, but since the PS3 drive is a very slow one, and has less bandwidth with the internal components, the Xbox 360's DVD drive outperforms it. The extra space of Blu-Ray Discs is used for two things: uncompressed stuff and some game files repeated in different parts of the disc, to compensate for the lack of speed.

Hyper+Luigi wrote:

As for motion controls, it really shouldn't matter. Motion controls for the most part, have not changed games forever. I still prefer traditional controls for the most part.

Sony makes a Wiimote ripoff, and Microsoft is NOT making motion controls, is getting rid of the whole controller paradigm and making controller-less experiences with Natal.

Hyper+Luigi wrote:

As for the failure rate, even if the Xbox 360's failure rate is lower than it has been in the past, the Xbox 360 still has problems. For example, my SECOND Xbox 360 [my first Xbox 360 died due to RROD] stopped reading my discs completly, so I had to send that in for repairs.

Actually, I've heard about more and more PS3 problems as of last (Specially YLOD and BD drive problems), and since Sony's warranty is 1 year only no matter the problem, those people have been out of luck with their systems... current models failure rate on Xbox 360 is quite low actually, and they still come with the 3 year warranty just in case...

Hyper+Luigi wrote:

The PS3 has a lot more exclusives, current and upcoming.

How many of them are good and will actually come out before the end of the decade? only a handful at best...

Hyper+Luigi wrote:

Even the big RPGs on the Xbox 360 have to be put on multiple discs just like in the PS1 days, even the upcoming FFXIII! Tales of Vesperia AND Star Ocean:The Last Hope are getting PS3 enchaned ports, and they have TONS of more content and are on one Blu-Ray disc.

Have you had an issue in the past with having to swap discs every 30+ hours of gameplay? I haven't, as long as the game works as intended, that's not an issue.

Oh, and a couple of months/years late ports as always... no thanks, I can buy the Xbox 360 version of those games new for $30 or less here, while the PS3 versions will be $60 there and $100 here lol...

Hyper+Luigi wrote:

Blu-Ray discs can have up to 50 GB of content, and if Sony wants to, they can release an update that allows Blu-Ray games up to 200 GB to be played on the PS3.

Is not that simple... They could force the laser to be able to read higher-capacity discs, but that will only increase the tear and wear of the BD unit and increase the failure rate of it... and since the drive speed and bandwidth don't change, what's the point of more space?...

Hyper+Luigi wrote:

Also, the PS3 can have up 120 GB with their hardrives, whereas the Xbox 30's hardrive have lesser harddrive compacity.

Actually you are wrong, you can use pretty much any laptop HDD you can buy on the PS3, while the Xbox 360 comes with special HDD (Which can be put apart and use any laptop HDD you want, it only voids the HDD warranty, not your 360 warranty). PS3 comes with 120 GB atm, while Xbox 360 comes with 120 GB and 250 GB...

Hyper+Luigi wrote:

Also, MAG is a PlayStation 3 exclusive, and MAG is a FPS that allows you to have more than 200 players online,

A game developed by Sony is exclusive? really? who would've though! lol... and more players doesn't necessarily mean more fun, specially on PSN lol

Hyper+Luigi wrote:

I can go on and on, but I'll stop here for now. RWP, you might want to reconsider and buy a PS3 instead. It is superior to the Xbox 360 in every way. While I enjoy my PS3, I have my PS3 on top of my Xbox 360 while my Xbox 360 gathers dust.

And yes, that shows you are a fanboy.

Edited on by DarkG

De Puerto Rico a Los Angeles, the New York al Dirrty South
Este guerrero latino es representa'o
Muero de pie hantes de vivir arrodillao
Y tu eres fake'ah, mas fake'ah que chinatown

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JTC-Pingas

90. Posted:

Hey Blackdragon, want to delete this post from DarkG as well?

JTC-Pingas

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DarkG

91. Posted:

Konata wrote:

Hey Blackdragon, want to delete this post from DarkG as well?

And that would be because...? too many truths for ya?

I honestly think this thread should be closed already lol, RandomWiiPlayer made his (best) decision long ago on this thread (last page), no need to keep it open... dunno why it was revived in the first place lol

Edited on by DarkG

De Puerto Rico a Los Angeles, the New York al Dirrty South
Este guerrero latino es representa'o
Muero de pie hantes de vivir arrodillao
Y tu eres fake'ah, mas fake'ah que chinatown

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Strofan7

92. Posted:

@DarkG impressive in length, but not in content. hyper+luigi said things that are true and you just spent an hour saying why you dont care about everything he said. you didnt really prove why one system is better than the other or even really compare them at all.

it was pretty much just this dialogue

HL"ps3 does this"
DG"yeah but i dont care so xbox is better"

over and over again

I hope the OP decides based on the few posts that said something useful rather than whichever fanboy club was biggest and argued the most. someone could get great enjoyment from either console and no one purchasing either one is ever wrong. Example, I don't like paying for subscriptions, I still play all my PS2 games, and a lot of my friends have a PS3 so for me the PS3 was the right choice. Maybe not for everyone.

Twitter-Strofan7PSN-Strofan7

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

93. Posted:

Okay, just look up the exclusives, including future exclusives, for each console and tally them up. Whichever one has more is probably the one to go with. The technical and costs differences are miniscule at best once, IMO, and there's usually not much difference between the different version of multi-console games, and you'll have to determine for yourself if those differences are worth it.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DarkG

94. Posted:

Strofan7 wrote:

@DarkG impressive in length, but not in content. hyper+luigi said things that are true and you just spent an hour saying why you dont care about everything he said. you didnt really prove why one system is better than the other or even really compare them at all.

it was pretty much just this dialogue

HL"ps3 does this"
DG"yeah but i dont care so xbox is better"

over and over again

I hope the OP decides based on the few posts that said something useful rather than whichever fanboy club was biggest and argued the most. someone could get great enjoyment from either console and no one purchasing either one is ever wrong. Example, I don't like paying for subscriptions, I still play all my PS2 games, and a lot of my friends have a PS3 so for me the PS3 was the right choice. Maybe not for everyone.

you failed to read my entire post, go read it again, specially the part about each console's hardware and the possibilities each has.

De Puerto Rico a Los Angeles, the New York al Dirrty South
Este guerrero latino es representa'o
Muero de pie hantes de vivir arrodillao
Y tu eres fake'ah, mas fake'ah que chinatown

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Strofan7

95. Posted:

DarkG wrote:

Strofan7 wrote:

@DarkG impressive in length, but not in content. hyper+luigi said things that are true and you just spent an hour saying why you dont care about everything he said. you didnt really prove why one system is better than the other or even really compare them at all.

it was pretty much just this dialogue

HL"ps3 does this"
DG"yeah but i dont care so xbox is better"

over and over again

I hope the OP decides based on the few posts that said something useful rather than whichever fanboy club was biggest and argued the most. someone could get great enjoyment from either console and no one purchasing either one is ever wrong. Example, I don't like paying for subscriptions, I still play all my PS2 games, and a lot of my friends have a PS3 so for me the PS3 was the right choice. Maybe not for everyone.

you failed to read my entire post, go read it again, specially the part about each console's hardware and the possibilities each has.

I did.

Twitter-Strofan7PSN-Strofan7

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CH405K1N6

96. Posted:

PS3 is better.

That's all I have to say.

Uh oh. He's back.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

James

97. Posted:

Both great consoles, each with impressive features and, sadly, drawbacks. Arguing about them in an Internet forum isn't going to change anybody's mind or convince someone to run out and buy the other console. Just live and let live, guys - don't start picking each other apart over a games console.

I am not ignoring you. I just do not post much.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DarkG

98. Posted:

@trofan7 then why do you say I haven't compared the consoles (while showing the lies on Hyper+Luigi's post), here's an excerpt:

Oh, and don't forget that Xbox 360 is the one with superior hardware overall (better GPU, double the RAM, more bandwidth and faster drive, better online service, more ergonomic controller)... the PS3 sorta compensates that with a better CPU, but sadly it isn't that good for games... Also remember that the Xbox 360 GPU still has some components disabled, like the Tessellator (DX11) , that could be enabled for future games with a simple update.

In simple words, the PS3 has a better CPU with an outdated GPU, while the 360 has a much better GPU with twice the RAM and a normal CPU... the better CPU of the PS3 compensates part of the GPU's weakness but since it's a CPU and not a GPU, the 360 still gets an edge (if used at it's current fullest).

Everything else was explaining the half-truths and lies of Hyper+Luigi

De Puerto Rico a Los Angeles, the New York al Dirrty South
Este guerrero latino es representa'o
Muero de pie hantes de vivir arrodillao
Y tu eres fake'ah, mas fake'ah que chinatown

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JTC-Pingas

99. Posted:

DarkG wrote:

@trofan7 then why do you say I haven't compared the consoles (while showing the lies on Hyper+Luigi's post), here's an excerpt:

Oh, and don't forget that Xbox 360 is the one with superior hardware overall (better GPU, double the RAM, more bandwidth and faster drive, better online service, more ergonomic controller)... the PS3 sorta compensates that with a better CPU, but sadly it isn't that good for games... Also remember that the Xbox 360 GPU still has some components disabled, like the Tessellator (DX11) , that could be enabled for future games with a simple update.

In simple words, the PS3 has a better CPU with an outdated GPU, while the 360 has a much better GPU with twice the RAM and a normal CPU... the better CPU of the PS3 compensates part of the GPU's weakness but since it's a CPU and not a GPU, the 360 still gets an edge (if used at it's current fullest).

Everything else was explaining the half-truths and lies of Hyper+Luigi

Maybe if you did research, you would see that they are not lies.

JTC-Pingas

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

100. Posted:

@Dark G-I'm not lying, I saw you post. You don't care about what I said about the PS3, you just want to cause trouble I guess. Whatever, I think your post did not make sense to me, and thanks for calling me a troll. I'm not responding to someone that is rude and had their posts deleted by a mod already. You want a topic locked that you derailed because I posted, doesn't make any sense.The reason I posted was to give RWP my view on why he should buy a PS3, not to debate with you. RWP can buy whatever he wants, but I think he needs both viewpoints before buying a console. To be honest, you are being a troll. So, I'm going to do the good deed and not feed the troll.

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

Sorry, this topic has been locked.