Forums

Topic: GoldenEye 007 (Wii) Match-ups

Posts 5,081 to 5,100 of 10,277

Lan

i'm pretty sure goldeneye is single layer.

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

Matt96

anyone on now?
also I've added NLforeverwar,NiteWingsX, Dylan1, and DarWin, and Ultima's new account

New Goldeneye wii code:4885 9182 2486
3DS friend code (let me know if you add me): 1246-8768-4585

Chris720

@Urban I had the same problem, only M:OM effed up my Wii. Only way to fix it cheaply is YouTube and buying a new disc drive. Its actually pretty easy. Strange thing is, SSBB worked fine. Play M:OM and it destroys my Wii.

Just one question: Does it make a click, click, click and removes the disc/shows error message? If its clicking/grunting its the disc drive.

Edited on by Chris720

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

Urbanhispanic

Thanks for all the input guys..I'll look at my options on how to resurrect my beloved Wii. Perhaps I should turn off the burial music playing in the background.

Proud owner of a Switch, Wii U, Wii and 3DS.

Ask me about the games I own :) I am looking to add friends on the Switch and Wii U.

3DS Friend Code: 4597-0422-2431 | Nintendo Network ID: Bx_Lounger

Urbanhispanic

xDemon720x wrote:

@Urban I had the same problem, only M:OM effed up my Wii. Only way to fix it cheaply is YouTube and buying a new disc drive. Its actually pretty easy. Strange thing is, SSBB worked fine. Play M:OM and it destroys my Wii.

Just one question: Does it make a click, click, click and removes the disc/shows error message? If its clicking/grunting its the disc drive.

Sometimes it shows the error message. Sometimes it doesn't. Either case, you hear the click click click churn click click churn then silence

Ask me about the games I own :) I am looking to add friends on the Switch and Wii U.

lifesavedave

http://www.amazon.com/Original-Wii-laser-Pick-up-RAF-3350-Nin...

Here is what you need to get your wii reading games again. It has the lens and the nintendo y tip screwdriver. Don't wast your money on the wii cleaner, especially for 35 bucks.

Here are some videos you can watch and decide if you think you can pull it off or not. IT wasn't that bad really.

"you NL guys seem to be all for close ranged turkey shoots all moving at max speed doing a graceful dance of death around the enemy."
goldeneye 4770-1803-5463

Chris720

Urbanhispanic wrote:

xDemon720x wrote:

Sometimes it shows the error message. Sometimes it doesn't. Either case, you hear the click click click churn click click churn then silence

Yeah, that's what I had. Its not loading the disc properly which makes the clicking sound this then stops it from reading the disc. You can shove a piece of paper into it and "re-align" it without taking it apart, but this isn't a very good idea and it only works for a short time.

Either way you'll still need a new disc drive because if its not loading the disc properly, the motors could well be screwed, which happened to mine too.

YouTube

komicturtle

This is why I think we should go back to cartridges lol

At least, better than the N64 and SNES (DS and 3DS cards would be sweet- obviously bigger than that for home consoles).

komicturtle

Chris720

komicturtle92 wrote:

This is why I think we should go back to cartridges lol

At least, better than the N64 and SNES (DS and 3DS cards would be sweet- obviously bigger than that for home consoles).

Cartridges again? Eww... but at least they're more reliable than CDs. How about Floppy Disks? They're like cartridges but thinner. :3 I don't think we'll lose the CD, its easier to put information on and holds more information than anything else I don;t think.

3DS/DS cartridges would be sweet though... maybe a little bigger, yeah. But I get more enjoyment from my 3DS than I do from my Wii now... its kinda weird.

YouTube

romulux

i haven't felt like playing since getting shamed in that pistols only match a few days ago, i couldn't hit a friggin thing! i'm used to the wolfe having bad hip fire but i was useless even with the hawksman... the hip fire on all the pistols is lame but not that lame, i must have been having an off night. strange thing is i got 'deadeye' in most of the matches.

lifesavedave wrote:

Don't wast your money on the wii cleaner, especially for 35 bucks.

35 bucks?! if you're talking about the nintendo cleaner it's only $10, once you have the plastic 'disc' you can buy the individual bits even cheaper. it really worked on my nephew's wii and got unplayable games to run, i've never had serious trouble with my own wii but it does noticeably reduce load times after a month or two without cleaning. definitely worth owning in my opinion.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Urbanhispanic

thanks a lot for the input guys

It looks like it's not just the lens I have to replace. I want to fix my Wii right away so I can play some GE again. At this time, I'll never level up quick enough. Arrrgggh!

Urbanhispanic

romulux wrote:

i haven't felt like playing since getting shamed in that pistols only match a few days ago, i couldn't hit a friggin thing! i'm used to the wolfe having bad hip fire but i was useless even with the hawksman... the hip fire on all the pistols is lame but not that lame, i must have been having an off night. strange thing is i got 'deadeye' in most of the matches.

lifesavedave wrote:

Don't wast your money on the wii cleaner, especially for 35 bucks.

35 bucks?! if you're talking about the nintendo cleaner it's only $10, once you have the plastic 'disc' you can buy the individual bits even cheaper. it really worked on my nephew's wii and got unplayable games to run, i've never had serious trouble with my own wii but it does noticeably reduce load times after a month or two without cleaning. definitely worth owning in my opinion.

Nintendo themselves is not selling it anymore. The only place that most people on here, myself included, found out that still sells it is a 3rd party on Amazon for $34.99. Also, when I get it fixed, I will unplug it when I'm not playing as the damn thing gets overheated quick.

romulux

^that sucks, i even checked nintendo's store and it's discontinued there. i just ordered some extra pads and fluid just a month or so ago, looks like i stocked up just in time. if your wii can last until 2012 when the new console is out you shouldn't have to worry about it much anyway.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

NESguy94

@UrbanHispanic
Your right Goldeneye isn't a dual layer actually, but your other disc wear the laser down making it much hard for your Wii to play ANY games , but I did know that Brawl and Other M were because those were the 2 that didn't work on my Wii.

The clunking around could be a huge variety of problems. Also the Wii isn't too hard to take apart, the problem is that you need a triwing screwdriver, and most people don't have one. You can get them for super cheap on many electronic store websites and of course ebay. You will also need have very minor soldering skills, there are 2 metal dots on the ribbon cable that must be removed. I did it without any hassle but fix computers, controllers, games systems, etc.

NESguy94

Spoony_Tech

You will soldering skills to replace the disk drive just the lens. However it sounds like you need the whole disk drive and it's easier to replace. A bit more experience though.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Urbanhispanic

To everyone:

I checked one more time with loading a disc into my Wii and this time I heard definite clunking and grinding noises in addition to the clicking noises so I will have to replace the DVD drive. I'm looking at Amazon now and saw one for $79.99. Since I'm not a handyman, I can't tell whether I have a phillips screwdiver (or whatever the hell screwdriver I need) and I got to get a tri wing screwdriver too.

Chris720

@Urban Might as well send it to Nintendo if its gonna cost you that much. I got mine done for about £50 I believe and my Wii has no problems with the discs now, in fact it runs the discs much faster because of the new disc drive, that was £50 well spent in my opinion.

YouTube

Spoony_Tech

Don't look on Amazon. Check eBay. That's where I got mine and fast to. Got my Wii up and running in a few days. They should be listed from about 25-50. Don't pay more then 50.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Urbanhispanic

As it turns out, after I calculated the expenses of ordering replacement parts and the screwdrivers online plus shipping and taxes, it will cost me more money than it is to send it to Nintendo and have them fix it themselves. So the saga will continue all this week.....what will I decide? Will my Wii be fixed? Will the GE still be around by the time I return to online matches? The answers will come to me soon (I hope.)

Urbanhispanic

Tech101 wrote:

Don't look on Amazon. Check eBay. That's where I got mine and fast to. Got my Wii up and running in a few days. They should be listed from about 25-50. Don't pay more then 50.

I will check there as well. Thanks.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.