Online Gaming Forum

Topic: (EU)Monster Hunter Tri

Showing 141 to 160 of 1,481

AuthorMessage

edhe

141. Posted:

Machu wrote:

@edhe: Great hunting last night fella. Untitled

After that Barroth battle, the Royal Ludroth and even that Gobul was a cakewalk.

While I will be on tonight, I am in dire need of potions, so I might too spend time ofline.

How many [potions] have you ammassed?

My Backloggery
Wii #: 2706 9539 1977 4210
Yes. I have Wii Music
Edwardpon playplay Xenoblade Chronicles
WarioWare D.I.Y
Even I don't know how to pronounce my username
Follow a cow?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260 | Nintendo Network ID: edhe84

AuthorMessage

Machu

142. Posted:

I currently have about 65 Mega-Potions, 40 Potions (that will be turned Mega when the honey arrives) and 20 odd Max-Potions. :D

They'll soon disappear though. :O

Rawr!

AuthorMessage

Omnomnom

143. Posted:

Hey, do we have some kind of server that, as a commmunity, was chosen as the general place to hang if we want to run into other people from here? I know Open(?) - Minegarde1 is popular among things for that... never seems to be hardly anyone there though.

Also: Anyone up for that Two-star Rathi quest and some of the other two star large monster quests? I got Cap a Baggi done by myself, yipee!

Edited on by Omnomnom

MHTri - EU - Kate R4MU8H
Oh hey... it says Ramuh.

AuthorMessage

Raptor78

144. Posted:

Really enjoying the game so far, but im lucky if I get a couple of hours a day with all the day to day things going on...
last time i got into a game like this was PSO on the Dreamcast where i was single, no kids and only lived 5 mins from work so I was able to cram at least 8 hours a day into that thing. lol
Thing is I have crammed just under 50 hours into this game and Im only HR6 (nearly 7) and Iook online and everyone seems so much higher than me!!!
Offline things are going well but I just feel I should be much higher online.

...anyway, If ever you catch me online and you dont think im too much of a hinderence drop me a line. I have wiispeak if you dont mind the missus in the background chuntering on about something or the kids running about.
I am competant at slaying/capturing Great Jaggis and Royal Luddruths but that damn bird thing is a pain in the bum. Ive killed it but I just cant capture it without it calling in much bigger monsters. lol

3DS Friend Code: 2621 - 2654 - 6355

OnLive Player Tag: Raptor78

Heroes of Ruin online profile -
http://heroesofruin.com/profile/Raptor1978

http://passid.ca/raptor

currently playing: Heroes of Ruin

AuthorMessage

NeoRausch

145. Posted:

phew! done woth painting the bedroom. gonna be online now! see ya!

3DS FC: 4639-8940-9147

AuthorMessage

Raptor78

146. Posted:

Ok, today I felt like a real pain in the butts for the group I was with. I played three or four quest with a couple of guys and everything was going fine. Then we went against a Barroth (which I havnt been against yet) and I got a kicking from it. Then when everyone came back from the quest they all wanted to do it again but made it clear I wasnt welcome... god I felt crap about that. :(

AuthorMessage

Machu

147. Posted:

Dude, I was a complete mess against Barroth the first time online (having not met him prior). 0.o You need to play some single-player, meet a less punishing version of him and gain confidence without the pressure of impatient and yukky team-mates. Post here when you are next on and we'll friend up (I keep trying but keep missing ya), I don't mind helping dudes out, and there are lots of hunters who are similar. Sounds like bad luck you bumping into a-holes.

Rawr!

AuthorMessage

Raptor78

148. Posted:

Thanks for the Morale boost Machu. I felt like a real waste of space at the time. In the past i found playing online actually helped me offline... but that wasnt when I was playing with "yuckky team-mates" lol
Mabey I will get on after work tonight (22:30 GMT) but if not I will still try and get an hour of two tommorow afternoon after I have dropped kids off at school and the missus has watched her Jeremy kyle. lol
Thats the problem having my account on the wii in the living room, im considering setting up another Monster Hunter account on my little boys wii upstairs then she cant moan.

Machu you seem to have some real good experience with this game and have a great attitude with it, mabey you should start doing an online class and take groups of less experienced hunters online. Im sure there are plenty of us online here on Nintendolife and most of them not willing to ask for help. :)

AuthorMessage

Machu

149. Posted:

How much do you think I should charge? :P

That's nice of you to say, but I think once Barroth is out the way and you have reached the 3* Quests in The Village, the game will take over and you'll do much better. One big piece of advice (that works for me at least) is to take as many helpful items as you can when online and get good at using them quickly. Take as much health as you can (it's possible to take 10 normal, 10 mega, 2 max and 1 ancient potions with you). Get that sharpening skill set (by attaching 5 Grinder Jewels to your armour and sword) so you can sharpen your blade quickly. Use traps even when you don't need them, just to keep the blighter still for a moment. Demondrug and Armorskin are good for temporary boosts to attack and defence. And if you take a health horn or similar along you can give health or boosts to your whole team. :)

About the Wii. You could just pull the Wii out, take it upstairs and plug it into your son's cables. ;)

edit: I'll look for you at that time tonight.

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

AuthorMessage

Machu

150. Posted:

Can someone on my friend-list do me a big favour next time they are on, please?

I still can't tell if it's a K or an H in my ID code. A second opinion would be of great help, ty :)

Rawr!

AuthorMessage

NeoRausch

151. Posted:

hey machu, i never see you online....so sad! i need partnership!!...to take down online lagi! :P

3DS FC: 4639-8940-9147

AuthorMessage

BeeZeroOne1

152. Posted:

Hey Machu, how did you set up your hunting license to recognise your hunter ID? I've been fiddling with it for a while now and it just shows me as from the USA, doesn't let me alter any settings and won't accept my hunter ID, despite me specifying I was from the UK when I signed up for Capcom Unity and then going in and specifying it again in the profile settings X_X

I haven't been online for a while but I might be soon. When I've taken on Cedaeus in single player (currently have Barioth, Rathalos and Diabalos to take down, ack) I'll probably be online pretty much all the time I'm playing the game, hopefully in time to reach HR18 before the event quest with the Tenebra reward starts up :D

Edited on by BeeZeroOne1

MHTri (EU) Name: Ben ID: KMYKKW
NNID: BeeZeroOne

AuthorMessage

Amorous_Badger

153. Posted:

Right then, here's an appeal.

That bloody Barroth is stalling me no more.

Who's up for forming a party friday night to pwn his ass so's I can finally get off of HR level 8?

Monster Hunter Tri.
EU
Badger SKR6R7

AuthorMessage

BeeZeroOne1

154. Posted:

Amorous+Badger wrote:

Who's up for forming a party friday night to pwn his ass so's I can finally get off of HR level 8?

I'm in. I've killed about 10 barroth, mostly online, so I can help you crush him :D

AuthorMessage

Amorous_Badger

155. Posted:

BeeZeroOne1 wrote:

Amorous+Badger wrote:

Good man.

I'll aim to be online from around 7:30 PM ish.

Bear in mind that I'm a gunner by trade, so my greatest contribution may be in shooting everyone with Recov shells ;)

I'm in. I've killed about 10 barroth, mostly online, so I can help you crush him :D

Monster Hunter Tri.
EU
Badger SKR6R7

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

156. Posted:

@Amorous Badger We gunners can do major damage if we prepare for missions well. Since you're fighting Barroth, use Pierce S, Flaming S and Water S. Use water when he's muddy, and fire when he's clean. I also suggest using Jaggid Fire for Pierce S rapidfire. Also, upgrade your bowgun's frame a bit so you do more base damage. Aim for Barroth's head to do extra damage - though if you have trouble, just aim for his torso for easy hits. Better to hit him at all than miss all the time!

Also, your armour is likely not good enough so get good at dodging his attacks. Don't stand too far away or your shots' damage will be reduced and may even deflect off his armour.

Just because we're a utility class doesn't mean we can't fight as well as blademasters. ;) Don't give up and just use Recov S. We're a bit like SnS users - we can do consistent damage over time, particularly since we're usually out of the danger zone.

× steam

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3796-9042

AuthorMessage

BeeZeroOne1

157. Posted:

HolyMackerel wrote:

@Amorous Badger We gunners can do major damage if we prepare for missions well. Since you're fighting Barroth, use Pierce S, Flaming S and Water S. Use water when he's muddy, and fire when he's clean. I also suggest using Jaggid Fire for Pierce S rapidfire. Also, upgrade your bowgun's frame a bit so you do more base damage. Aim for Barroth's head to do extra damage - though if you have trouble, just aim for his torso for easy hits. Better to hit him at all than miss all the time!

Also, your armour is likely not good enough so get good at dodging his attacks. Don't stand too far away or your shots' damage will be reduced and may even deflect off his armour.

Just because we're a utility class doesn't mean we can't fight as well as blademasters. ;) Don't give up and just use Recov S. We're a bit like SnS users - we can do consistent damage over time, particularly since we're usually out of the danger zone.

I wholeheartedly agree. I've played with some skilled gunners before who've inflicted crazy damage with a mixture of elemental and status ammo. I also think SnS is highly underrated - a good paralysis SnS can paralyse five or 6 times in a quest what with the insane rate at which they hit the opponent, and sleep SnS are perfect for setting up a giant powder keg of Barrel Bomb L+ to detonate. I've been considering going back to SnS for a bit, for a change of pace from the long swords I've been using so much lately. Or even hammer - I learned how to use those for the purpose of crushing Gigginox, which seemed bizarrely tougher than Lagiacrus or Rathalos. Maybe it'd be easier for a Gunner while it's on the ceiling, who knows.

AuthorMessage

Machu

158. Posted:

Amorous+Badger wrote:

Count me in! We shall make the brute look silly. :)

@NeoRausch: Sorry dude, I'm trying to craft awesome weapons and armour, which is much easier to do offline. Plus, I'm still trying to complete everything in the village. I will be online tomorrow (thursday) if you are. I'm still only HR15 though so a Laggy is probably out of my league, is that a 3 star quest?

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

AuthorMessage

Raptor78

159. Posted:

Hi Machu, ive been traing against the Barroth offline so not been online for a bit but next time im on I will give you a heads up first..
I can survive against him for the full 50 mins with no fainting and hes staggering about but not dying but I just think I need to improve some of my weapons and I will have him beat. But Yeah thanks to your advice i feel pretty confident with Barroth. :)

AuthorMessage

Machu

160. Posted:

Cool dude! Shame you didn't beat him, but yeah, maybe you just need some better weapons. Have a look at what you need to upgrade the weapons you own, then go out and look for those resources specifically.

I'll be on tonight, let me know if you are too. :)

Rawr!