Forums

Topic: Yoshi's Crafted World

Posts 101 to 120 of 145

Bolt_Strike

@Octane Nope, still didn't work.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Timbox

Oh man! I've just played the first three levels, all 100 procent except one red coin I've missed somewhere in the second level and even after replaying it 3 or 4 times still can't find it. But wat an amazing game! So nice and adorable!

Timbox

Benjoo

Dare I say. I am enjoying this more than tropical freeze! It's made me appreciate 2d platformer a whole lot more. Brilliant game. I can play with my daughter's too!

Benjoo

rallydefault

@RR529
I'm 100% with you on that. First parts are fine, but then... yea, I know exactly what I need to do, and one time I made it nearly to the end, but the controls just do not feel good at all.

I'm hoping they might patch it at some point, kind of like they did for that pirate ship stage in Mario Tennis.

rallydefault

dryelnef

I am new to the Switch and to Yoshi's Crafted World. I cannot seem to find out why it does not credit you all the smiley flowers you find during the game at the end of the game? Can anyone tell me? It is driving me crazy. I find 5-6 smiley flowers in a level and it credits me one flower at the end..... Thanks to any of you that can help me.

Edited on by dryelnef

dryelnef

Xyphon22

I know this game gets a lot of flak, but it is one of my favorites on Switch. I have so many games I want to play that I usually just beat them and move on to the next, but as soon as I beat Yoshi I immediately kept going to get 100%. I just had so much fun with it all the time (except for Be Afraid of the Dark, that was a nightmare).
@RR529 @rallydefault I don't know if you are still playing/trying this, but I had trouble too until I figured out to just hold straight up or straight down on the stick, don't try to angle it where you want it to go. It will go to the right place on its own.
@dryelnef I'm not sure what you are talking about there. I never had any problem with it not giving me credit for all the flowers I collected. Maybe there's a glitch or something.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

dryelnef

Xyphon22,
Do you have to get all six flowers to receive credit for all six? If there are six flowers for one world and you get the first one, the third, fourth, and fifth...it gives me no credit for any of them? Thank you.

dryelnef

RR529

@dryelnef, I guess this goes without saying, but did you physically make contact with the flowers (with either Yoshi or an egg)?

It won't count if you uncover the flower (by solving a puzzle or some such), but don't actually collect it.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Xyphon22

@dryelnef I assume you are talking about the flowers you can find in each individual level? Some levels will only have 3-4 while others will have 7-8. On top of that, every level will always have an additional 3 (1 for getting all 20 red coins, one for beating the level with a full 20 hearts, and 1 for getting 100 coins). I also assume you know all this, but I want to make sure we are on the same page. You are only talking about the random number that you physically find in each level? As @RR529 said, you have to touch them (with an egg counts, too) and you do not have to get them all in one go. It should give you credit for whichever ones you collect, and the next time through the level those will be kind of faded out to tell you you've already collected them. If it is not doing this, I'm not sure what to tell you because I never had any issues.

Xyphon22

Henmii

Now that I have played the main levels and beaten the endboss I must say that I am not completely blown away. Sure the artstyle is nice, and I like the depth (things in the fore and background). But somehow the game didn't completely grab me. That said, I might still get all the stuff. But I'll take my time. Maybe I am getting bad, but I find it pretty hard to get everything in one run. I mean the hidden flowers, full health and all the red coins. And then I still need to return for the Poochy pups, souvenirs and Sprout blocks. And about the soundtrack: Its not bad, there just isn't much variety. Most tunes are a remix of the main-theme.

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

jump

I’ve almost threw my Switch at a wall as I’m getting frustrated at not being able to beat Kamek on the last level, I’ve on my 15+ attempt.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Zeldafan79

It was a good game but man the music was dull. I'm all for a port of Yoshi's wooly world on switch though! Now that's how you make good Yoshi music! Have a listen to probably my favorite track in that game!

Edited on by Zeldafan79

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

rallydefault

@jump
Are you talking about the last last fight? Like, the end of the bonus levels? If you are, yea, I'm with you.

rallydefault

jump

rallydefault wrote:

@jump
Are you talking about the last last fight? Like, the end of the bonus levels? If you are, yea, I'm with you.

Yeah, the secret final boss. I gave up 6 months ago and I just picked it up again for another try and I still can't beat that mfer.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

rallydefault

@jump
Lol I think I'll pick it up later today and see if I can do it. I hate it so much. If I remember, the part that I just couldn't get was the robot punching at the different angles. So not fun lol

rallydefault

jump

rallydefault wrote:

@jump
Lol I think I'll pick it up later today and see if I can do it. I hate it so much. If I remember, the part that I just couldn't get was the robot punching at the different angles. So not fun lol

Yeah I am stuck on the same bit, it might be due to joycon drift but I'm using the (not) d-pad to get around it. I'm refusing to use the floaty Yoshi to win!

Nicolai wrote:

Xyphon22

I find this funny because my son just started playing this game again yesterday, and then this thread pops up, too. I 100%ed this game, but it's been awhile so I'm not sure how much I remember to help. If you are stuck on the punching part, though, I remember it became easiest for me when I noticed to not angle the stick to the angle of the punch. Just push the stick straight up and straight down and it will punch in the right spot (or not at all for straight ahead).

Xyphon22

jump

jump wrote:

I’ve almost threw my Switch at a wall as I’m getting frustrated at not being able to beat Kamek on the last level, I’ve on my 15+ attempt.

BOOM! I’ve just beat that sucker.

Nicolai wrote:

Xyphon22

@TheLightSpirit Well, what would you like the 100% completion reward to be? I always found it remarkably stupid when games would give you something like a super strong weapon as the reward, because what good is that when you have already done everything? I almost never 100% games, but I did for this one just because I found it so much fun to search for everything. The end reward doesn't matter at all because you have already completed the game anyways. I guess some sort of video or director's commentary or something that doesn't affect gameplay at all would be apropos, but I never bother watching those things anyways.

Xyphon22

Bolt_Strike

@Zeldafan79 Please God, enough of Woolly World. That game is overrated, it's pretty much just Kirby's Epic Yarn: Yoshi Edition. It has some flashy ideas for levels that utilize the yarn aesthetic, but gameplay wise it's pretty much same old Yoshi and it feels somewhat dull. On the flip side (no pun intended), Crafted World may not be quite as flashy with its craft gimmick, but it actually attempts to build on the Yoshi formula. You have mechanics such as free/background aiming, flip side levels, and extra missions that really make the gameplay feel more fresh and interesting. It's not the most polished experience out there, but it does feel more fun.

Instead I'd like to see them circle back to Yoshi's Story and make a spiritual successor. Play around with the storybook theme and some of the unique mechanics in the original, but modernize the experience by having level gimmicks and mechanics based around the storybook theme (think things like using Yoshi's tongue to pull tabs that open up new areas or pull up platforms, opening or collapsing sections of the level like a pop up book, etc.) and expanding on some of Crafted World's improvements by having more 2.5D gameplay, fleshing out the flip side levels to be full levels instead of just races with 3 Poochie Pups, and more and varied missions. That would really do the old game some justice while also providing the best of both worlds from Woolly World and Crafted World.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic