Forums

Topic: Yoshi's Crafted World

Posts 81 to 100 of 145

Octane

@rallydefault I haven't even beaten the game yet, and I'm already feeling the fatigue

Octane

16bitdave

I'm currently working on this game with the wife. Def a fun game for us to play together. I love how creative it is! Taking my time and trying to 100% it.

https://hiddenlevel.bigcartel.com

Switch Friend Code: sw-4349-8419-7001 | 3DS Friend Code: 1650-3873-3348 | My Nintendo: 16bitdave | Nintendo Network ID: 16bitdave

RR529

I will say "Be Afraid of the Dark" was a surprisingly dark level for a Yoshi game (that level would have freaked me out as a kid. Heck, it left me a tad creeped out as an adult).

Everything had been sugary sweet until that point, then that comes along, lol.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

rallydefault

RR529 wrote:

I will say "Be Afraid of the Dark" was a surprisingly dark level for a Yoshi game (that level would have freaked me out as a kid. Heck, it left me a tad creeped out as an adult).

Everything had been sugary sweet until that point, then that comes along, lol.

Agreed, lol. I was a little shocked!

rallydefault

Cassarilla

Definitely enjoying this game so far! It's so cute and creative! I'm taking my time with it. I'm personally playing it solo but it also seems like a great game to play with a friend.

http://youtube.com/Cassarilla1

Currently Playing: Super Mario Odyssey, Yoshi's Crafted World, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and the ukulele.

Bolt_Strike

I cannot believe they put a level like Be Afraid of the Dark in a kid's game. Even with the cutesy aesthetic, a level where

clown dolls run at you really fast with an axe

just feels a bit much for kids. I think I might have nightmares tonight over this level, I can't even imagine how a kid would feel playing this one. How did this ever get approved for an E rated game? I mean, not that I'm complaining or anything, but I'm puzzled as to how this level was considered okay for kids.

EDIT:

Oh and

the hint blocks reading like those creepy notes cut out of magazines really got me too.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Octane

So I've played most levels at this point; four bosses in and currently doing the third (and last?) section. But I do wonder, remember when this game was announced? The entire premise was flipping the levels around. Where's any of that? Yes, there's the Poochy run, and the occasional timer challenge that flips the stage, but other than that, it's pretty straight forward. I expected to have a dedicated ''flip the stage'' button or something like that.

Octane

RR529

@Octane, I believe there was an article on the main site not too long ago that mentioned that the developers decided to scale back that idea (if not here, I read it somewhere I'm sure), since it would have been too tedious for single players.

Initially, there were main collectables (I'm assuming smiley flowers & red coins) that could only be collected on the flip side, and while co-op players could simultaneously butt stomp to flip the stage, single players would have to play through the stages twice (once in each perspective) to find everything.

They decided that would be too much tedium for people playing alone, and even for co-op players it would probably make the generally rather large levels take even longer to complete, so they reserved the flip side playthroughs for bonuses.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Octane

@RR529 What does the right trigger do? Nothing, right? Couldn't they use that button to flip the stage?

Octane

Octane

@Tsurii I understand, but why didn't they say just that? Why come up with a weird excuse about not being able to flip the stage in single player mode?

Octane

Grumblevolcano

I've finished the story and overall a fun game I'll go for further progression gradually. Just like Super Mario 3D World solo, unlocking everything looks like it'll be more enjoyable when gradually done over time rather than focusing on the one game before moving on.

Also I agree that Be Afraid of the Dark is a bit too dark for a Yoshi game.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Bolt_Strike

So I guess Yoshi can add breaking and entering to his list of felonies. What exactly is he doing in a museum after hours anyway?

@Octane I actually think the Flip Side levels have a lot of potential as hard mode variants, they already have to change around some of the assets so you can complete them backwards, why not take it a step further and make the levels more challenging?

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

HobbitGamer

I’m glad I’m one of many that were shocked by Be Afraid of the Dark. On that first sign, I expected something like the Skelesaurus level. I didn’t expect that. And when the second sign happened, I just had a moment where I squinted, dismissed the box, then had ALL the nopes. 😂

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Ryu_Niiyama

What demented and troubled child came up with Be Afraid of the Dark? I just youtubed that and I'm like...there is an axe murderer in a Yoshi game.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Bolt_Strike

@Ryu_Niiyama Don't spoil it. That level has a lot more impact if you go into it not knowing anything about it. Kind of like with Doki Doki Literature Club, that game works because you don't expect it to be that dark.

Bolt_Strike

RR529

Just got to the secret final boss. Tried it at least 10 times, but it's just beyond my ability.

To be fair the first 3 phases aren't that bad. After 2 or 3 tries I had them down pretty much perfectly other than an unlucky hit here or there, but the last section in the Robot Yoshi gets me every time, even though I know what's going to be coming. In general I'm bad at the Robot Yoshi itself, even in it's main game level, so the fact that you have to knock back every single projectile without missing one in order to hit Kamek, and to do it I'm assuming three times in a row, with each wave being more difficult than the last, is just beyond my capabilities. I even gave in and decided to use a costume, but since that doesn't actually make you better at the game it only delayed the inevitable.

Then again I never beat Darker Side in SMO as well, and apparently that's like the easiest of the secret final Mario levels, so maybe it's just me.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Bolt_Strike

I just can't with this level... (Be Afraid of the Dark spoilers)

Untitled

As if one wasn't bad enough, now they're forming a tower of death.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

SKTTR

I collected 692 flowers on normal. But I switched to easy for the final one. Yeah, I'm not very proud.

My last flower was the one for beating the secret final boss without getting hit. I got pretty close as I tried it about 30-40 times (got the other 2 flowers in the stage while at it).

Somehow the Yoshi-Robo often wouldn't punch fast enough even with me smashing the button like hell and knowing all the patterns, the other problem were the two spikey cars which I couldn't find a way to 100% dodge every time. And if I dodged them I always messed up the very last onslaught of bullet bills. So I treated myself to the mellow mode and fluttered over all the first three boss parts to get my next chance at the final form.

As I fluttered high above the bosses hazards I wondered how damn easy it would have been to play the whole game in this mode. I think of the "easy mode" as my final big unlockable that I never dared to open, the present for collecting 692 flowers, the Winged Super Yoshi that makes the final flower a bit easier and the rest of the game a breeze: A God mode.

Thanks for implementing it, Nintendo. Otherwise I might have sat on a 99,9% completion rate for a while there (return of my Super Mario 3D World nightmare).

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Timbox

I'm starting this evening with this game and I cant barely wait! Really looking forward to it!

Timbox

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic