Forums

Topic: Yoshi's Crafted World

Posts 1 to 20 of 145

Octane

A sequel to Yoshi's Woolly World (I presume) is making its way to the Switch in... 2018!

I wonder why Yoshi aren't made of paper though.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

FGPackers

I really love this announcement!

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

zitpig

I love Yoshi. And I love the look of that game. But 2018...

zitpig

Dreamliner

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

The more first party Nintendo titles the better. I will buy them ALL!!

Dreamliner

RetroRider

The game looks okay, I was really hoping that Woolly World would come to the Switch instead but we pretty much knew it wouldn't after the 3DS version was released. As for the game's art direction it's good but I would have loved to see a paper Yoshi styled game, that would look so cool!

Dev wrote:

The Yoshi game is being developed on Unreal Engine 4, which is kind of something new for Nintendo.

I saw that at the end of the trailer, caught my eye and I was surprised nintendo was using a 3rd party game engine thingy for one of their main game series.

RetroRider

Eel

So is this particular yoshi made out of... What? Lint?

The main aesthetic of the game is clearly papercraft, but the yoshi itself looks a bit odd.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

meleebrawler

@Meowpheel Yoshi's Story and Topsy Turvy had a regular Yoshi traipsing through storybook worlds. What leads to this fuzzy Yoshi, I'm not sure, but I guess it's marketable.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Eel

They're playing this one the treehouse event and it looks really good.

(it does look like yoshi is made out of lint)

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

KirbyTheVampire

This game looks pretty neat. Do you guys think it's gonna be full price? Not sure I'd be willing to spend 80 CAD on it when I have so many other games on my radar.

KirbyTheVampire

rallydefault

@KirbyTheVampire
I mean... I don't know why it wouldn't be full price, unless it's not a full game in whatever respect.

rallydefault

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Yoshi (Working Title) - Demonstration - Nintendo E3 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLud5yoWIQ

Watching the trailer yesterday for this I was indifferent to it but after watching this video, it has grown on me a lot. It looks really nice and the front and back play to the levels is a cool idea. I'm now very interested in seeing more of it.

The same thing happened yesterday, the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 trailer looked rough to me in the small snippets of gameplay shown. Then I watched the Treehouse Live, it looked much better and they also acknowledged that it wasn't completely smooth but that the game would be polished in the months leading right up to release.

So that's 3 games that I'm interested in now for Switch that I've seen properly, Super Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Yoshi. Am I missing a game? I kinda feel like I am.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

chriiiiiiiiiis

I love the aesthetic of this game but when I found out you can only switch sides of the world in two player mode, it felt like it could turn into Snipperclips for me. That game is so much fun with a second person but alone, it's a pretty sad and slow game to play. I think they will need to sell this to me a bit more before I'm really excited for launch. That being said, this is exactly the kind of game I wanted from Nintendo so I'm glad it's coming. Relaxing 2D platformers are the best to play just to spend some time when you can't invest into a full adventure game like Zelda or Mario.

chriiiiiiiiiis

Timppis

After watching the treehouse presentation of this yesterday I am completely sold on it.

Gorgeous aesthetics, quirky humour and just 100% Nintendo silliness are what I really need on my platformers. Only thing I really hope for it that it isn't as easy as Woolly World was. I want some challenge.

Timppis

OorWullie

I've not watched any of the Treehouse footage but I was sold on the trailer.It looks very nice.I really enjoyed WW but it would have been better if you could interact with the environment more like in Epic Yarn,which was full of surprises.This new papercraft world will have a lot more variety though I think.

@KirbyTheVampire Wooly World on Wii U cost a tenner less.It was 39.99 in the UK and I think $49.99 in the US.Not sure about Canada.I imagine this one and Kirby will be similarly priced.

I got a lot out Wooly World,I think around 30 hours.If you like collecting everything you'll play each level at least twice.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Octane

@rallydefault Yoshi's Woolly World was €45 on the Wii U, instead of €60. Kirby on the Wii U was €40. I got Yoshi at launch for €39 from Amazon, and Kirby was only €31. I expect the new Yoshi and Kirby will also fall in the same price category.

Octane

Timppis

@Tsurii

I did get something close to 100% in Woolly World but other games took my attention span.

Although you are exactly right that it is a matter of preference and I do like DK platformers the most out of all Ninty platformers for it's challenge in precision platforming. And it is exactly as you said that the point of Yoshi games is more in the exploration.

I just want both

Timppis

SKTTR

I have 100% on Yoshi's Woolly World. Took me about 40 hours and I enjoyed every minute of it. Though it's starring Yoshi and is probably the best Yoshi platformer since Yoshi's Island on the SNES, I felt it went barely noticed.

I however can't wait to play Yoshi 2018.

It's made by GOOD-FEEL, the same team that made Woolly World.
I have other GOOD-FEEL games like Wario Land: The Shake Dimension and Kirby's Epic Yarn, and while they did pretty great jobs on both of them, they finally nailed it on Yoshi.

I'm looking forward to that new Yoshi game as much as I look forward to Mario Odyssey. I've watched an hour of it in the Treehouse presentation and it looks like the next 2D platformer masterpiece.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Henmii

Now that I have seen more of it, it looks pretty good. Its like Paper Mario, but even more extreme. Everything is cardboard and looks like its made by children, though Yoshi himself is strangely still made out of yarn. Its like diorama's with secrets everywhere. Foreground, background, that kind of stuff. However, I don't get why the level-flipping mechanic is restricted to multiplayer. Because a lot of times you are behind walls and the camera can't follow. Surely a single-player could also use this mechanic, to look what's on the other side of a wall.

I hoped Good Feel would do a new Wario (or something different), but I have to admit this looks like another strong platformer.

Henmii

Anti-Matter

It looks adorable.
But the paper craft somehow looked cheap compared with Paper Mario Color Splash.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic