Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition

Posts 781 to 800 of 1,302

NintendoByNature

@iskim is there a way to combat it?
@MsJubilee I am well past arachno queen. I've wandered around colony 9 area, the plains, and the area near the route to colony 6 for a good while. That slow down scene( vision possibly) only happens every so often with some stronger characters. From what I remember, it's when you face the stronger enemies with electricity around their name.

It hasn't been a huge issue since i end up beating them eventually, but if it's something I have to learn for future boss battles, I would like to know how to actually use it or know what im supposed to do.

As of just now, I'm in the mines, just met up with the older gentleman, otharen. That's where i stopped playing and saved it.

I haven't had too many issues so far, but I simply don't know what to do when that happens.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature I'm actually not quite at Colony 6 yet. That'll happen during my next session, I think. XD I played for a little while yesterday but haven't done much gaming today besides a little Pokemon Go. Considering the hour, I might just read and turn in for the night after interneting.

@Heavyarms55 My current party in the game (as I'm still fairly early on) is definitely a traditional tank/damage/healer combo. I've mostly been playing as Shulk so far, but I might switch around to Reyn and Sharla a bit during my next session. I did switch to Dunban for a little while during the (brief) time he's in the party during the Colony 9 attack. I'm looking forward to trying out some of the other characters when they come along. Especially Riki. I absolutely loved the Nopon in XCX.

I don't like my games to be TOO easy, but I also don't mind feeling like an OP bad@$$ on occasion.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx I'm not there just yet. I'm really hunkering down in each area. I'm almost there, but I really over stay my welcome once I find a new area. Plus I'm exploring every nook and cranny lol.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature That's another slowdown of mine and actually contributed to a lot of time yesterday: exploring. It doesn't help that Gaur Plains is by far the biggest area I've been to yet in the game, so EXPLORE ALL THE THINGS definitely runs through my mind. XD

There are a small handful of quests still in the area, but I've knocked out a majority of them and am ready to move on, I think.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

MsJubilee

@NintendoByNature You have a couple of options(the game did tell you one of them in a tutorial with the spider queen). You can use Shulk's Monado shield move if you don't have Shulk in the party use Sharla's shield bullet. Sharla can heal the team(or the targeted person) enough for you to tank it if the attack hits the whole team I would commend using her Tranquiliser move(it might not work on bosses). Reyn can tank a powerful strike if it's targeting someone like Sharla or Shulk (aggro the enemy first). Or break and Topple the enemy to stop it for a time(you will need to master the break and topple system if you want to have an easy time with this game). Lastly, you can do your chain attack(save up your blue gauge) to try to knock the enemy out(it's a gamble, the enemy might survive.) Before you do any of this, have a blue gauge bar ready.

Look, if you do continue this game, you will need to master this vision system. These bosses are no joke. I finished the original years ago, and I remember these bosses(especially one last boss) are difficult.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx Riki is such a fantastic character. His introduction is so good that I can rewatch it 3 times in a row and still laugh. I would say though, it's either him or Melia who is the hardest character to learn because neither of them play as straight forward as the others.

It's an extremely minor spoiler to point out that Dunban does rejoin the party. I don't think I need to avoid mentioning that, since he is in Shulk's final smash in SSB

@NintendoByNature You might find that that will make you pretty seriously overleveled. Just doing all the side quests and hunting unique monsters should have you noticeably above the curve. If you're not, you're likely missing quests. Which is very easy to do in this game since quest givers change depending on the time of day. I make it a habit to at the least check noon and midnight in every location. But there's a handful you can still miss doing that because they spawn at weird hours.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

JoeDiddley

Now it’s crossed 10 days my Switch tells me I’ve played 40 hours already, which was surprising given work and family responsibilities.

I’m still really feeling it.

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

NintendoByNature

@MsJubilee thanks for the tips..i Don't remember me being able to press any buttons during. So ill need to check out some YouTube videos to see it. I'm a visual learner lol.
@Tyranexx I think I've completed every side quest in the bionis leg myself, so I think I can happily move along without feeling guilty lol.
@Heavyarms55 good to know. Might have to double check I've done all side quests in the area then. I've almost certain i have since i haven't seen anymore white ! Marks no matter the time of day.

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

Ya mine is saying 25 hrs just on Switch Lite, and I've spent even more time on my v2 Switch.

Just got Heropon: Slayer of Dinobeast in my party. Wonderful character. Abominable voice actor. Cringe to the maximum.

Really makes me appreciate Tora's voice actor.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Heavyarms55

Sharla: It's pretty quiet without Ryen and Riki around.

Dunban: Agreed. Let's continue with this team!

Me: OMG *almost falling out of the chair.

Have I mentioned I love this game?

@NintendoByNature Also sometimes you will need to progress the story to unlock side quests too. Even if the giver is in an area you already have access to.

NintendoByNature

@Heavyarms55 interesting, Thanks. I have no problem back tracking after I progress the story. Thankfully, with fast travel, nothing feels tedious.

This game really has it hooks in me. I've put about 13 hours in since Thursday, and have literally put every other game to the side. I was playing bioshock, and NBA 2k playgrounds 2, both of which have been shelved for the foreseeable future. It's the type of game that has me saying..."Ok, 1 more side quote or landmark from the main quest."

I dont mean to sound like a broken record, but it's not common for me to game in that manner. Side quests are typically something I stay far away from. Large, open world games that are long (hours wise), usually bore me after a while. I haven't had 1 inkling that would lead me to believe im heading down a path of boredom.

Although the game can be somewhat confusing since alot of stuff is thrown at you, this is shaping up to be my personal goty. And im quite surprised by it. I loved trials of mana, but not this much.

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

@NintendoByNature
Have you ever played Xenoblade Chronicles X or Xenoblade Chronicles 2?

And, out of curiosity, how experienced are you with JRPGs, as a whole, would you say? You’ve played Trials of Mana, and I can see Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy on your playlist... so it’s definitely not a genre completely new to you. I’m just wondering what other games in the genre you’ve played to compare with.

I’ve played a fair share of JRPGs, and this one may just take the cake. I mean, I still love Final Fantasy X and XII, and Xenoblade X and 2, and Ni No Kuni, and Tales of Vesperia, Lost Odyssey and The Last Story, Trails of Cold Steel series (I’ve played enough of each one but will have a full verdict on Trails 3 once I beat the Switch version), YS VIII, Bravely Default (and from what I can tell, Bravely Default II looks to be even better), Persona 4 and 5...

And I’m not sure I’m ready to declare it the best game of them all but I know it’s of the caliber to at least be spoken about in the same sentence as all those other games.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Heavyarms55

@NintendoByNature Glad to hear you are enjoying it! And glad the game is finally getting the exposure it deserves! I totally know how you feel. It's such an easy game to be sucked into. There's pretty much always more to see, more to do, more to explore. The characters are interesting, the world full of rich well written lore, the music is great too!

And although I already loved this game, I'll admit that on the Wii/Wii U the original graphics occasionally left things hard to make out. Like, I never realized that the Dienos enemies in Makna Forest have 2 faces, and some of what I thought were weird trees in Eryth Sea were actually giant flowers. XD

So even for me, as someone who played this game like crazy already, I'm having a grand old time (as a certain NL video maker might say) playing it again!

Although you may want to take a break in between, I highly encourage you to play XC2+Torna eventually too. And XCX. Although XC is my favorite of the 3, I adore them all and they all have their own little twists and quirks to make for interesting and different but amazing experiences!

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH its all actually relatively new to me. Last year i picked up collection of mana, and secret was my first ever jrpg..u less you count undertale as one.

I really started getting into the genre last year with South park stick of truth( I know it's not really a jrpg, but the gameplay style I'm referring to), then I played fractured but whole, then final fantasy 7 and 9 this year. From there, cosmic star heroine, and then It was trials of mana.

So I really only have a year under my belt, but i can tell you out of all the games I listed, none of them grabbed me the way this one has. I have Ys Viii and final fantasy x/-2 waiting for me as well. I'm really just getting my feet wet in the genre.

Edit: I briefly tried torna for a few hours, and I did recently beat paper mario

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

@Heavyarms55 yea, It's totally easy to lose track of time. And I'm glad I took the plunge on this when originally, I had no intention. Im playing all sorts of new games and genres this year. As they say, " new year new me"😉

NintendoByNature

Heavyarms55

@NintendoByNature It's always a wonderful thing to try something new and find you like it.

NintendoByNature

Every time i see dickson I think of joe exotic 😂

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@Heavyarms55 Sounds like Riki is indeed an interesting one then! Now you have me curious about the little guy's moveset.

No worries about spoiling Dunban. I've already seen elsewhere that he rejoins. I have no problem with that; he's one of my favorite characters so far.

@NintendoByNature I can live with having done most of the quests. One of them was really situational (requires a thunderstorm), so I finally just let it go. I feel like my party is at a comfortable level right now since they're all sitting in the 25-26 range. I just rescued Juju during my last session, which was late morning/early afternoon. I finally had to stop to have lunch (Ate breakfast late, but 3 in the afternoon is late even for me!) and do a few other things before heading off to an appointment.

link3710

@Knighty_IX That is an insanely cool piece of artwork. Nice to see X treated to the same courtesy as the other two titles. Though it's a bit surprising Shulk is the only XC1 character I spy?

link3710

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx were at the same spot then! I just did that myself, and made it to the marsh. I'm at about 28 for the party. There's so much to and battle in the marsh that I'll be busy for a while 😋

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic