Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition

Posts 761 to 780 of 1,302

NintendoByNature

@TheLightSpirit see thats the thing. I am shulk, I'll inflict break but I'm not controlling reyn to perform a topple

NintendoByNature

Kaile

@NintendoByNature You only need to worry about that in Colony 9, you will have alternative solution later on

Kaile

Grumblevolcano

Visions are still confusing though I did realize that the reason I couldn't block a load of enemies' talent arts with shield was that I hadn't leveled it up enough. Shield level 4 doesn't block talent arts at level 6.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoByNature

@Grumblevolcano does shield level up only if you use it or naturally? I just got it last night after beating arachno queen so it would be good to get a head start if needed

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

There’s like, 3 colors. Doesn’t seem confusing to me. White = talent art. That’s the one you use shield for. It even tells you in the tutorial, and in the one-line description in the arts menu, it deflects enemy Talent Arts of the same level or lower.

I love the vision mechanic.

@NintendoByNature
Same as any other art, you have to level it up yourself.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Heavyarms55

I can see how people new to the game could be confused, especially if they sped through tutorials or don't read the information the game gives you - but it is all there. You can even redo tutorials if you feel the need to.

And contrary to popular belief - there's nothing wrong with revisiting a tutorial or asking for help if you don't understand something.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Tyranexx

Heavyarms55 wrote:

I can see how people new to the game could be confused, especially if they sped through tutorials or don't read the information the game gives you - but it is all there. You can even redo tutorials if you feel the need to.

And contrary to popular belief - there's nothing wrong with revisiting a tutorial or asking for help if you don't understand something.

Funnily enough I've been reading through all the tutorials, but at a "scan" speed. It's also a lot of information at once in some cases. A lot of things are starting to click for me however, and I definitely don't mind going back to look at something if I really need to.

@NintendoByNature Sounds like you're about where I'm at, plot-wise. I've been getting VERY familiar with Gaur Plains lately.

...I probably spent more time than needed just looking at some of the game's visuals before that point, however.

@SigourneyBeaver I missed out on the Wii version unfortunately. I hunted for the 3DS version for awhile last year (as I finally had a unit that could play the game), but I couldn't find it (used even) for a price I could agree with. I nearly caved for the Wii U eshop version. Thankfully, XC: DE was announced around the time I was gonna bite the bullet.

Off-topic, but I've always liked the wordplay with your username. XD

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx yea, I've done the same. I've really milked every area quite a bit. Doing tons of side quests, and grinding for the most part. I'm usually about 4-5 levels over enemies in each area. I finally, reluctantly went to colony 6 only because I beat all the enemies and scoped the area. I never do that in games, I just absolutely love this game. Almost the same feeling I had in botw.

NintendoByNature

Heavyarms55

@NintendoByNature That sounds about right. Doing every side quest and hunting down all reasonable level unique monsters will generally put you in the +4 to 6 level range. I assume that's why they added that option to limit your own level, for people who want to do that, but do not want to be so powerful. Personally, I like doing everything and feeling like a bada** OP hero as a result. But it's nice to have the option.

@Tyranexx Yeah, I can also see how it is a lot of info to take in at times too. Some characters, like Melia and Riki, are more complex to play as. Shulk is a straight forward attacker, Reyn a traditional tank, Sharla a healer and all 3 very straight forward on what they do. But Dunban is an agility tank, effectively "dodging" attacks instead of tanking the hits and has a lot of kind of weird aura effects. Melia is a glass canon mage who doubles as support and Riki has all kinds of status effects and the craziest HP stat ever.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Quimbolas

@TheLightSpirit I think it uses right after you use a break art with Shulk, but only if Reyns art is no on cooldown (cause when i use it right away at the start of a battle i can topple)

Quimbolas

link3710

Spoiler for pre-Gaur Plains:

I finally gave up the ghost and left Fiora behind to get Reyn so we can get the cylinders. Ugh, why is this even worse the second time around, I keep stalling. It doesn't help that she's so much fun battlewise. I gotta get going though, I only just made it to Melia's area my last playthrough.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

NintendoByNature

@Heavyarms55 Yea for sure. I hate being under leveled so I'm actually going over board in this game 😋. I also rarely use fast travel so i can level up just by trekking. So that helps too.

NintendoByNature

MrGawain

I previously played Xenoblade on the 3ds, and I can attest the biggest difference is on a big telly it makes you a bit squeamish when you jump off a cliff. I think it’s the rumble in the controller as you fall.

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

JaxonH

Lol I got a sinking feeling in my stomach jumping off a huge cliff also

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

NintendoByNature

So I think I ran into that issue( confusing part) where time stops but it doesn't give you an action button to press during battle. I'm not sure what im supposed to do; but I get a Ton of damage dealt towards my party when it happens.

NintendoByNature

iskim

@NintendoByNature Some groups of enemys can use chain attacks as well, and that sounds like what is happening there.

iskim

MsJubilee

@NintendoByNature In which part are you stuck in? The Arachno Queen boss? Cause I know for sure, the game introduces an essential system in that boss fight( the Vision system, which is precisely the same thing you're describing). And that system is vital to winning boss fights or any fierce battle for that matter.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic