Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 1,761 to 1,780 of 3,159

Arminillo

Snaplocket wrote:

Just beat the game and MAN that was a powerful ending.

I initially thought Pyra and Mythra coming back to life was a cop out but then I remembered that a blade is revived without memories so there's still a sense of melancholy, which I really liked. It was much better then XC 1's ending where Fiora's turned backed into a human for really no reason. That said, Malos was a lame final boss, the final boss should have been either Jin or Amalthus.

They seem to have their memories since they are so happy to see everyone.

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

Anti-Matter

Too bad.
There is NO Wearable Mechas for each party.
The Mechas are now as Enemies.
Gosh... the Final Boss was a Giant Mecha and we fought with "Telekinesis" damage toward them.
Pretty Unfair in size.
Humans vs. Giant Mecha, could it be possible ?

Anti-Matter

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

JTMnM

@Anti-Matter You can pretty easily take out mechs in XCX without being in one yourself. (Maybe spoiler) There's also a mech Blade you can get.

It's been mentioned before, but there are fairly consistent and frustrating AI issues concerning party members. These issues are most apparent in long fights, specifically superbosses. For example, I have Azami set to Zeke. I often see Zeke will get stuck with Azami and completely ignore any possible setups for Blade combos. Additionally, they'll also refuse to acknowledge my character's death and revive him/her. I previously had this issue with Tora and Poppi, so it isn't exclusive to one character. Maybe we can expect this to be fixed with the upcoming patch.

JTMnM

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902

Anti-Matter

@JTMnM
So, what do you think about Xenoblade 2 ?
Because right now i have a doubt to buy or not that game after i dare myself to watch some spoilers to getting know more about Xenoblade 2.
Well, my complaints are :
1. Quite disturbing Sexy girls as Blades. They are looks like "Fanservice" for Male gamers. I would rather give Pyra or Sexy girls with some Fabrics to cover her body or put Males as my Party and Blades / Drivers. Btw, who are playable Male protagonists in Xenoblade 2 ?
2. Very very annoying Comments during Battles, like Bunch of peoples shouting each other.
3. The Battle system itself, looks Complicated compared with Kingdom Hearts or Zelda BOTW or FF XII or FF XIII. It took soooo long duration for just beat Giant enemies.

If only i could understand the Battle system, character's growth, Customize the party members by putting more Males than Females, i might consider that game for sure.

Btw, can i switching to other character during Battles like FF XII ?

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

JTMnM

@Anti-Matter I can certainly say it's my favorite game right now. If you like JRPGs, you owe it to yourself to get this game.

The only criticism I can agree to is the inability to switch between party members on the fly. The combat is driven by combos between party members, and the AI is occasionally unreliable. I imagine (or hope) the AI will eventually be patched.

On the battle system, there is going to be a learning curve if you're coming from a game like Kingdom Hearts. It does a fair job of explaining the mechanics in the beginning through tutorials, though you won't be able to reference them in the future. Fortunately, tips and tricks have been popping up online.

If you don't like the voices during combat, you can turn them off. Personally, I enjoy them and appreciate that party members provide cues announcing they're ready to initiate a combo.

Male characters are Rex and Zeke. There are a few male Blades, but they're greatly outnumbered by anime waifus. A few of the males have awesome designs. Godfrey has become one of my favorite Blades. As a closing note, I wouldn't mind seeing more diversity, but it's not that important to me.

Edited on by JTMnM

JTMnM

CroRock

@Anti-Matter
1. If you’re a male and you found sexy girls disturbing.. you got a problem mate 😉
2. I play with Japanese voices and never ever feel annoyed in battle or outside.
3. It’s not complicated but also, it’s not spamming just one button technique. I think combat is very satisfying once you get hang of mechanics.

And no, you can’t change drivers during battles - unfortunately

Just buy it. Its great. GOTY imo.

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

JTMnM

What's everyone's party and Blade loadout look like? I'm running Rex with Pyra/Mythra, Roc, and Nia; Zeke with Pandoria, Wulfric, and Azami; and Morag with Brighid, Aegaeon, and Godfrey.

JTMnM

Anti-Matter

@CroRock
Hm... okay.
I think i will stay in my plan to buy Xenoblade 2.

Btw, i realized if Tora was such of a ......Pervert.
Did you remember when Pyra and Rex noticed about the Maid outfits from Tora's cupboard when he was making alive his Artificial Blade, Poppi ?
Those Pyra and Rex's eyes when they saw Tora's Very Secret collections, tho...

Anti-Matter

CroRock

@Anti-Matter
Yes, Tora seems to be kind of wierdo but I like it. There are many hilarious animations and dialogues in XBC2 that made me actually lough (not many games accomplished that). And then, there are some WTF moments.. like I said before on this thread, this game is roller coaster of emotions for me.
You are regally missing it if you don’t buy. So wait no more 😉

Edit: and be patient when you start playing. This one is getting better more you play it. You get most of the gameplay features after a while..

Edited on by CroRock

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

FX102A

Whilst enjoying this game, the only bit I outright hate is the gacha system fr acquiring blades. I have a success rate of only 2 Rare Blades and all from common cores; every Rare Core I use has resulted in a Common Blade and have wasted tonnes of boosters with Rare Cores.

I would hve preferred Rare Cores to be even rarer as long as it guaranteed a Rare Blade. I even hear now that there may be a higher level core and it too can spout Common Blades. This is some real FTP lucks levels, thankfully without microtransactions. But seriously, Nintendo better not be thinking of adding them in.

FX102A

CroRock

@FX102A
I think the reason for this is that XC2 is ment to be played for a long time. If you get most of the blades in first 20-30 hours you wouldn’t get most of them or their abilities. I have 45 common cores few rare ones and only got 5 rare blades out of story related ones. I’m fine with that but my complaint is no enough Overdrive Protocols at this stage of game where I am (chapter 5).
God forbid micro transactions in this one.. like Season Pass isn’t enough... wash your mouth with holy water 😁

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

Galenmereth

@FX102A You also get quite a few unique Blades through the main story and sidequests even. So don’t fret and be patient; the longer you play and the better the stats of your party, the higher the chance of unique Blades from cores become too. It really won’t take long until you have a lot of them.

Galenmereth

FX102A

@CroRock Thats another thing I've yet to use, as the game didn't explain to me what they were.

@Galenmereth Hoping for that, even though my game says I've played 85 hrs when really closer to 25 hrs; had two random 30 hr jumps.

FX102A

Tsurii

@Galenmereth I'm 60h into the game, chapter 8. My party is between lvl 63 and 67 and I got 5 of my 6 rare blades from regular core crystals before chapter 5...it's 100% luck, you can raise the odds but if you're like me (and by that I mean lacking any sort of luck in videogames) you can just as well end up with zero rare blades outside of story relevant ones and unique core crystals. It's an incredibly frustrating system, especially once you realize that they SHOW you which blades the game "pulls" for each of those light bursts during resonance and you keep getting the silhouette of the one rare blade you wanted since its reveal waaay ahead of the game's release. And I kept seeing Raiko during those moments since at least chapter 5/The Old Factory

Edited on by Tsurii

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

Galenmereth

@FX102A The gameplay timer keeps ticking if you sleep the system without going to the Switch’s home menu first. Don’t have to close the game but minimise it before sleeping the system to avoid it. Known bug likely to be fixed with the next patch.

@Tsurii By that gametime you should’ve gotten at least three unique blades from named core crystals through the main story, unless you’ve been really bust with sidequests. But do remember how odds and chance work; the longer you keep at it the greater the chance becomes. They really are not that rare. Raise your character’s luck stat before opening them, and over time your other affinities (honesty, bravery etc) should be higher simply by playing and merc missions, raising the odds considerably. Chance is pure logic and math, and it doesn’t matter how unlucky you as a person are when there’s ingame stats directly affecting the odds as well.

Galenmereth

CroRock

@FX102A
You need to hit home button before sleep mode to stop counting playtime

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

zionich

I just got to chapter 4. 40 hours and lvl 27, no bonus exp used. Been grinding too much lol.

Edited on by zionich

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

Tsurii

@Galenmereth I know about the blades you get through the story/quests, which is why I said I barely got anything besides those lel

I know how the math behind the whole system works as well (on top of knowing how the algorithms for these kind of things are programmed), I'm just saying it's pretty annoying to have that carrot in the Form of Raiko (think her English name is Electra) dangled in front of you for 20 hours

@zionich there's zero reason to grind in Xenoblade 2 actually. Well, for levels at least. That's exactly what the inns and bonus exp are for. I wish more games would reward you for quests with that kinda stuff. You don't have to worry about getting overpowered just from doing quests themselves (you'll still gain a level or two by fighting as you complete quests, of course) and you always have that "reserve" to fall back on in case you hit a wall. It's pretty convenient all around imo.

Chew.

zionich

@Tsurii I just enjoy the combat and farming. Also just saving the bonus experience until I hit a wall. I do like how they set the game up. It's a very clever system.

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

Tsurii

@zionich oh yeah, totally. The combat's always been fun in Xenoblade and I like how each game has its own intricacies to the same general gameplay. I could (and I'm sure I did at some point with Xenoblade X) probably spend an entire day just fighting stuff and trying different things to beat the toughest bosses. I've beaten everything there is to beat in both of the other games and I'll do the same thing here lel

Chew.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic