Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 1,761 to 1,780 of 2,592

Tsurii

LUIGITORNADO wrote:

I don't mind the party chatter, but I just really wish they'd fix Tora's do be less obnoxious. Or just get rid of the Nopon. Erase them from existence.

Don't play Xenoblade X, if you think Tora is obnoxious.
Maybe I'm biased tho, because the Toras have been among my favorite characters in all three games (unless I'm confusing "Tora" in Xenoblade Wii with someone else)

Also, hell no. The Nopon are some of the best "mascots" in these types of games.

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

Inertiacreep

@LUIGITORNADO actually some of the nopon lines are pretty amusing.. and that nopon in the leather jacket and hat? You don't think that's hilarious?

Inertiacreep

Inertiacreep

@ThePunkDriver so you can get them salvaging and also someone found a certain mob that comes up salvaging that drops golds you can spam farm... but the biggest tip for getting crystals and drops I general is to finish enemies off with a overkill combo... the more you overkill an enemy the better the drops will be.

Inertiacreep

JTMnM

I'm having a weird issue. When I have Tora in the party, he'll sometimes refuse to switch out Poppi for another form (even if I try to prompt him with a Blade combo). He also won't aid if I die. He'll remain in one spot auto-attacking and using Blade arts. While it doesn't happen all the time, it does happen occasionally. Has anyone else experienced this? Minor spoiler: This only started happening after I unlocked Poppi QT Pi. I should note this only happens with her in use. Poor Tora's too fixated on her to do anything else.

JTMnM

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902

Galenmereth

@JTMnM Is Poppi QT π the first (topmost) Blade in Tora's list of Blades? Try moving her down; I experienced a similar issue and swapped her with original Poppi and it hasn't happened since

Galenmereth

JTMnM

@Galenmereth You're lucky, I guess. I already tried switching around the Poppi loadout, and it didn't change anything. If the fight drags on long enough, I'll see it happen. It's pretty frustrating considering many of the superbosses are super sponges. Regardless, if you experienced this too, it's likely we found a bug.

JTMnM

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902

Galenmereth

I also changed all my Poppi modes to TNK, not sure if that had an effect or not. But I've been using Mòrag as my tank for a while now to level and increase affinity with more Blades, so the issue could still be there if I fight some particularly strong enemies with Tora.

Edited on by Galenmereth

Galenmereth

Sculptor

Tsurii wrote:

LUIGITORNADO wrote:

I don't mind the party chatter, but I just really wish they'd fix Tora's do be less obnoxious. Or just get rid of the Nopon. Erase them from existence.

Don't play Xenoblade X, if you think Tora is obnoxious.

Hahahaha yeah. That Tatsu was the most annoying and infuriating little piece of **** I've ever seen in a game. That little furball literally stained the entire game. He was annoying to look at, was annoyingly dumb, made annoying noises and comments. X was more sci-fi and Nopon really just didn't fit in that world, they felt out of place and made the world seem less believable. At least to my experience. Why Tatsu had to be such a dumb f*** is beyond me though.

The race perfectly fits in the fantasy Xenoblades, however. I actually don't mind Tora. Even like playing as him. Perhaps this also has to do with Tora not being a disabled infant like Tatsu.

Edited on by Sculptor

Sculptor

kyleforrester87

The constant chatter during battles annoyed me at first so I turned the sound down in the settings (there are plenty of adjustment options, which is nice). But once I unlocked more characters, moves and blades I turned it back up again and now I really enjoy it.

"We'll beat them... with the power of friendship!" Still makes me cringe though haha.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

Inertiacreep

kyleforrester87 wrote:

"We'll beat them... with the power of friendship!" Still makes me cringe though haha.

I imagine this expression doesn't come off so lame in Japanese lol... too bad no one from Japan here to verify.

Inertiacreep

rewindxrepeat

Well... since I play the game with JP voice over, the chatter during battles don't annoy me at all, because I don't understand what they're saying hahaha.

rewindxrepeat

CroRock

rewindxrepeat wrote:

Well... since I play the game with JP voice over, the chatter during battles don't annoy me at all, because I don't understand what they're saying hahaha.

Same here. Watched tons of anime with Japanese dub and eng sub so this comes natural to me.

“Think you can take me”
“Don’t forget me”

That loop is hilarious tho 😂

Edited on by CroRock

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

Pahvi

I haven't played Ocarina of Time all that much, but Navi isn't particularly liked either, I hear?

Anyway, I love how the cuteness of Nopons is at odds with their greedy moneygrabbing ways. At least I haven't seen a Nopon start up a lootbox scheme in XC2... yet.

"The review score of 6 becomes a 9 when looked at another angle. And vice versa." -me?

Tsurii

@Pahvi that's the joke. The Nopon are some of the greediest characters in the series, and a lot of them are outright criminals. There was an entire sidestory in the original about a Nopon who was basically a druglord lol

Chew.

SweetOnion

I absolutely love this game. I was a little skeptical at first since I havent played that many jrpg and with playtime 100+ hours it felt overwhelming. I have over 60 hours in the game and I just can´t get enought of it. Love the story, love the characters, love the world. When im done with this Im gonna go straight to one of the earlier games on my WiiU. Dont really like the concept of not having a real main character in Xenoblade X so I might go for the first game on virtual console.

How do I change role on the drivers from damage to tank?

SweetOnion

CroRock

@SweetOnion
I think you only need to take TNK blade to get her/his arts for agrro. That should make you tank, right? Maybe change items also

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

Inertiacreep

@SweetOnion each blade gives the driver a different role. so you have to look at the blade, any TNK blade can tank.

As for the previous xenoblades. Going from the graphics on this back to play the first one on the hype train.. it may be a little harder to get into. Where XCX may really blow you away with its world.... I played about 40-50 hours so far of XC1 and it is good.. I havent played XCX, but everyone says even though it has an unconventional story, that the game is just dope. And also I feel like since this is your first Xeno game, that you should play XCX because it has skells, and mechs are a staple of xeno games and you NEED to experience that. But I did play the beginning of XCX and the music made me want to shoot myself.

Ultimately I think you should play them all and I hope you can get into the other 2, because I really love this series creator... I wish they would bring both these games to switch, but mostly XCX.

Edited on by Inertiacreep

Inertiacreep

Tsurii

Behold my sheer skill!!

I just killed a unique monster, which was lvl 61, with my lvl ~62 party in 10 seconds

It was a flying enemy, one party member inflicted break, Rex toppled it, and it went all the way down a cliff. I'll take it because that same enemy gave me hell when I tried to kill it before

Chew.

SweetOnion

@CroRock so if I put three TNKs on Rex he is consider a tank? It says master fighter on him now.

SweetOnion

Galenmereth

@SweetOnion The title a Driver gets depends on the combination of Blades and their roles, yes. So if you go all TNK it won't say TNK, but some tanky sounding title.

It's perfectly fine to mix and match. For example, I prefer to have my tank Driver equipped with 2 tank Blades and 1 healer Blade so that they can heal themselves in a rough spot for certain world boss fights.

Galenmereth

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic