Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 1,741 to 1,760 of 3,602

JaxonH

@Tsurii @Beedrill4Smash

I got another 4 rare Blades last night from 50 common crystals and 10 rares.

Last batch of 50/10 I got 3. Time before that I got 5. So I've averaged 4 rare blades for every 50/10. And I hear it gets harder as you get more and more rare Blades, but I haven't seemed to notice a drop yet.

I discovered that if you equip 2 Luck accessories, you seem to do pretty well. +25% and a +26 Luck for the last round. If you level up your mercenary rank, you can hold like twice as many blades, too. That really helped when it came to dismissing the low-level common blades.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Beedrill4Smash

So I've started playing some Tiger! Tiger! to enhance Poppi, but I can already tell that it is going to be a bit of a time sink. Is it worth it to keep going? If so should I also enhance the second and eventual third form?

Edited on by Beedrill4Smash

Beedrill4Smash

Roamer

I’d play more Tiger Tiger but I’m utterly crap at it. I’m 52 and my reaction times aren’t up to snuff and I never play games like that normally. From scores I’ve seen other people post it would take me days playing it incessantly to get those figures!

Switch: Dragon Quest Builders 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Valkyria Chronicles, Shin Megami Tensei
PC: Farming Simulator 22

JaxonH

I sat down and played Tiger Tiger for about an hour, and made crazy ether from it. Like 30,000. You get the most if you get all treasure chests without taking damage. So I just play on Level 1 Easy mode over and over.

Season pass grants 30k ether as well, which is a huge help. You can also crystallize parts you don't want. I cleared out most of my stock I wasn't using and made another 30k ether.

You definitely want to max out all forms of Poppi. I have the first two forms at 900 power, using about 850 of it.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Beedrill4Smash

Got enough crystals for the tank mod V...but now I need technical manuals...TO THE YOUTUBES!

EDIT: Actually...I may need to advance in the story instead...

Edited on by Beedrill4Smash

Beedrill4Smash

Inertiacreep

@Beedrill4Smash its only worth it if you feel its worth it to you.. you can use a different tank and even if you use Tora, I think Ive read people beat the game using him without playing TT at all.... but as previously mentioned, the most efficient way is just spam lvl 1 and try not to take damage... and I think max score is by not killing any enemies too, but thats kind of hard.

Inertiacreep

kyleforrester87

A few comments on the DLC, for what it's worth:

The Expansion Pass was decided to be implemented during the middle phase of development. Monolith Soft would like players to be able to experience the world of Alrest a bit longer, so they wanted to add more content after release as well.

The scenario for the new story available next year via the Expansion Pass is already done. But due to the sheer volume of it, it’s going to take a lot of time to develop; that’s why they have a long-term schedule until Fall 2018. The new story can also be played without even completing the original story first, but it would be more enjoyable if players have finished it.

http://nintendoeverything.com/xenoblade-chronicles-2-director...

kyleforrester87

Roamer

I’m really enjoying this game anyway. It turned out to be my best Chrissy present! The design of the chapter 3 area is stunning!

Switch: Dragon Quest Builders 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Valkyria Chronicles, Shin Megami Tensei
PC: Farming Simulator 22

kyleforrester87

@Roamer yeah I'm there now mopping up some quests and doing end game stuff. I think they had to knock the resolution down on purpose just so we didn't drop dead from awesomeness.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

iLikeUrAttitude

Does anyone know or have a list of all the core chips, what they do, and what enemy they drop from?

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

iLikeUrAttitude

Also any leveling methods. Beating up level 90 dinosaurs apparently isn't fast enough :/

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

RR529

Got 5 more Rare Blades tonight! Out of 64 Common Cores & 21 Rare Cores (the first of the Rare Blades I got was from the very last of my Common Cores, so it was feeling like a slog until then, but things payed off in the end).

• Newt (Tank)
  • Ursula (Healer)
  • Boreas (Healer)
  • Nim (Healer)
  • Adenine (Healer)

I hadn't yet gotten any Rare Healers, so things turned out well, but too bad I didn't get Dahlia...

Which of those healers should I send over to Nia? I only have 3 Overdrive Protocalls, so I want to choose wisely.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

iLikeUrAttitude

@RR529 I myself have all those rare blades but for Nia I use: Nora, Nim, and Dromach
I highly recommend Nim since shes earth and that's easy to work with, her fusion combos can also heal the entire party at once and a good amount at that.
Adenine is good as well, but what really sets her apart from the rest of those healers and every blade is her ability to increase drops by 60%, give her a gold chip and it's 90%.
I haven't really used boreas but his affinity chart is very easy from what I heard so you could upgrade him early in the game.
I myself just recently got Ursula but I wouldn't recommend her if you're still progressing in the story because her affinity chart is a mess. IT's requires hours worth of merc missions and other tedious grinding.
I recommend you give Newt to Morag, she's an excellent agility tank

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

JaxonH

For Nia I use Dromarch, Wulfric and Vess. I like having an attack Blade in there, though I may Switch Boreas to Nia in place so I have wind, plus his affinity chart is maxed and I'm no longer using him so...

For Rex, it's Pyra/Mythra, Perun and Kora. I love those characters. Their designs, the variety in elements and personalities. Kora especially. Perun is more reserved. But I think they have the best character designs in the entire game. Although, I'm still waiting for KOS-MOS. Probably won't even get her with my luck.

RR529

Ooh, do you have to use Adenine to get the increased drop rate, or can you just have her in your party?

Hopefully she'll make grinding Rare Core Crystals easier.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Ralizah

Annnnnd I need another point in Keen Eye to complete one of the side-quests. Darn it!

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

iLikeUrAttitude

@RR529 Im not entirely sure But i always keep her in front then switch to the blade I use after using 1 or 2 arts

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Inertiacreep

I haven't been playing much lately but i reached a point in chapter 6 where it tells you to get on a boat and i was finally like "Ok, i can finally take a break from the main story without breaking immersion to do side quests and do some affinity chart unlocks"
This was like a couple weeks ago.. today i just played for hooouuurs for the first time in a long time, but actually yesterday i played a decent amount too... i am still not done with side quests.. i feel like I've spent 10-15 hours or more doing side quests since i stopped on the story, AND i feel like i had been keeping up on side quests pretty good before this... it's kind of annoying cuz i feel like the story is probably about to take off.. but damn i love this game.. about 83 hours in.

Inertiacreep

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic