Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 1,541 to 1,560 of 3,602

ThePunkDriver

How does everyone handle rare blades? Do you try to have Rex with all rare blades or do you spread them out between characters?

ThePunkDriver

jtmnm

I discovered something in terms of advanced play. After filling out a Blade's affinity tree, they are promoted to S. There are multiple levels of this, ranging from 1 to 9. Surpassing 9 will grant your Blade the S+ rank. This increases their attack to absurd degrees and essentially breaks the game. It isn't easy to do, as the ranks are increased through trust. Battles, completing quests, and pouch items contribute to this stat. From what I've seen online, the ideal way of going about this is to spam pouch items. Even so, plan on it taking a while.

Edited on by jtmnm

jtmnm

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902 | Twitter:

SKTTR

Ah, good to know that I will be getting plenty of hints about favourite items just by progressing with the story and paying attention to the character dialogues. I got a couple of hints already, however it felt like progressing a little too slow for my taste. For example I bought like 12 different types of fish but none of them worked on Nia. I know I will be forgetting what I fed to her, and to waste not even more money I thought that compiling a list for that would help saving money and time.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Roamer

Just got this for Xmas! Not sure what I’ll make of it. I’ve dabbled a bit with Final Fantasy tactics and Persona 4 as well as a few other FF games, but I’m no jrpg expert for certain! Looking forward to trying it out today.

Switch: Dragon Quest Builders 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Valkyria Chronicles, Shin Megami Tensei
PC: Farming Simulator 22

iLikeUrAttitude

Hey everyone, I'm playing the game and I'm loving it so far but is there anyway to access tutorials? It would be great to read the tutorials again.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Joeynator3000

JTMnM wrote:

Collectors, rejoice! Pre-orders begin Tuesday.

Are the bewbs squishy like the Metroid amiibo? owo

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Late

@iLikeUrAttitude Unfortunately, the answer is no.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

JaxonH

Idk if I'll be able to resist that figure. My display is looking awfully incomplete without it now!

@ThePunkDriver

Idk how anyone else does it, but I give all my blades to Rex. Because the way I see it, I would hate to get a rare one that I want to use and have opened it for another character. So I just give them all to Rex, and down the line when I've got a good bit I will transfer over a few to Nia.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Late

Finally got a new rare blade. I had good luck with them at first. I got one from every tenth crystal or so. I once had two almost back to back with just one common between them. I'd guess I've summoned about hundred blades since I got Nim. Now I need another rare for Mòrag and then I'll go and summon more for Rex. I'm playing as him 99% of the time so it's good to have some variety when it comes to blades.

It's its, not it's.

CroRock

SKTTR wrote:

Ah, good to know that I will be getting plenty of hints about favourite items just by progressing with the story and paying attention to the character dialogues. I got a couple of hints already, however it felt like progressing a little too slow for my taste. For example I bought like 12 different types of fish but none of them worked on Nia. I know I will be forgetting what I fed to her, and to waste not even more money I thought that compiling a list for that would help saving money and time.

You can always google it.. but every character/blade have 2 kind od prefered pouch item bit when you give them their favorite one of those two items it’s written beside char icon.. exact name of favorite food, that is. So when you get luck or google it once there is no need to remember them.

@iLikeUrAttitude you can take screenshots with every tutorial text as you progress and when you need it just go to Switch gallery.. or you can always google it. Later worked best for me

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

Joeynator3000

That reminds me, I do need to get the Metroid amiibo...and the Metroid II remake. I never played the original. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

RR529

So, how high should my luck stat be before I even attempt to summon blades?

Just started chapter 3 (Rex is currently level 18, but I'm trying to finish up what sidequests I have in Torigoth to boost him up a bit before moving on).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

iLikeUrAttitude

Can someone explain how to do elemental/blade combos? Or to see if I got this right?

From what I've seen you need to activate your blade special to 3 stages before the timer of the elements on the top right runs out?
If so how am I supposed to get to 3 stages of special on that span of time?

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

GoldenGamer88

@iLikeUrAttitude No, you need to start the combo with a Level 1 Special or higher, then a Level 2 Special or higher of one of the two possible elemental paths and finally a Level 3 Special. Honestly, I‘d wait before activating the final Special for Break, Topple, Launch or even Smash as that significantly increases the damage output of that Special. But these only really get handy for bigger and tougher enemies as you‘ll probably have defeated the enemy before getting to finish the combo.

Edited on by GoldenGamer88

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

iLikeUrAttitude

@GoldenGamer88 Do I need to continue the special with the same blade? I'm currently in chapter 2 and I acquired multiple blades to use.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

GoldenGamer88

@iLikeUrAttitude No, any party member with any Blade of the correct element can join into the combo. I‘d dare to say the chances of actually doing a Blade Combo with one Driver are fairly slim.

Edit: Also, just a little tip that might make Combos easier for you. In the lower left corner, there are your Blades, right? Once a Blade Combo has been started, you‘ll sometimes see the portrait of a Blade glow blue. If you see that, activate that Blade because it‘s got a Special ready that can continue a combo or even finish it. Don‘t know if you‘re ever told that in-game but I just found out about that by chance.

Late

@Tsurii Did the game ever explain what the thought cloud is for? I currently have a 5/5/4/4 with Rex and Nia. I'd guess it's pretty good for Chapter 5. I have C trust level with every rare blade other than Godfrey who is still D and Poppi who is at B.

I feel like I'm a bit overpowered at the moment. I hope the game gets harder soon. I don't like being too powerful. Did a small detour by visiting all earlier towns buying stuff and killing some monsters to unlock things from affinity charts. Now I'm continuing my journey. Just arrived in Indoline.

It's its, not it's.

GoldenGamer88

Alrighty then, reached Chapter 10 now. Before finishing the game, though, I‘d rather go and do some more quests. Both Chapter bosses may have been pretty easy and I feel confident about beating the final boss with my current levels but I wanna have my team well into the 70s, which only three of them are right now.

CroRock

GoldenGamer88 wrote:

Edit: Also, just a little tip that might make Combos easier for you. In the lower left corner, there are your Blades, right? Once a Blade Combo has been started, you‘ll sometimes see the portrait of a Blade glow blue. If you see that, activate that Blade because it‘s got a Special ready that can continue a combo or even finish it. Don‘t know if you‘re ever told that in-game but I just found out about that by chance.

Wow.. 100 hours in and never noticed that..
Thanks for the tip.

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic