Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 1,561 to 1,580 of 3,602

Inertiacreep

@RR529 dude just open them.. the 1st or 2nd crystal i opened was rare.. this game is going to give you so many crystals you're going to get sick of them.. you can farm as many as you want.. it is all luck.. you could have 0 luck and get rare blades or 100 luck and get nothing because that's all luck will give you is just luck.

I was laughing this one guy here saving up like 70 crystals waiting until chapter 5, probably like 40 hours into the game and had no rare blades that whole playtime until after he opens them, meanwhile myself and other players rocking these rare blades as soon as the game gave us the opportunity to get them.

Edited on by Inertiacreep

Inertiacreep

Late

@Tsurii Yes, I'm sure there's a reason why there are 4 different booster types. I'd guess using Justice Boosters increases chances of getting Godfrey since justice is all he's talking about.

I'll probably continue bonding blades with other party members as well. I'm not really trying to get them all and I'm always all about balance when it comes to video games. I want every party member to feel equal. I may not get rares as often but that just makes them even more special. Thank you for all the info, though. I'll have to hunt down that lucky core crystal at some point. I'm pretty sure I've bought the info piece but just continued onwards. I haven't done many side-quests either.

Does anyone else feel like there are so many things to keep track of that you end up neglecting some? I'm not really fond of Aux Cores. Every time I visit the shop that makes the Aux Cores usable, I see a big list of cores I've collected and I quickly leave because I don't want to use my time going through that list, activating every core. I could activate just couple but I don't know which ones are actually useful and if I do, then I have even bigger list next time I visit the shop. To me, the best solution has been to forget about them all together and focus on other things such as affinity charts and pocket items.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Inertiacreep

@Late you rather another FF13 where there are only 2 equipment slots which might as well just be 1 because you keep the same weapons all game because the upgrades aren't even worth it.

Inertiacreep

EvilLucario

For Aux Cores, just look at what you want the most. More tankiness? Get it. More general damage? Get it. Better healing? Get it.

Make yourself a priority list and sort through what type of Aux Cores you have available to make. For example:

Damage > tankiness > healing > utility.

You can throw together a small amount of Aux Cores every time you start making them and it'll be fine.

That said, the beauty of a game like Xenoblade is that you don't HAVE to use all of your options, just your efficiency would be lower if you don't.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Late

@Inertiacreep I haven't played FF13 so I can't say anything about that but so far I haven't really found them that significant. The effect is so small that I certainly wouldn't notice if someone removed them from me in middle of a battle. They're just increasing numbers and I'm certainly not a min/max guy. I like being a bit underpowered. Aux Cores just don't give me any kind of satisfaction. They're just there. I don't mind them being there since others may feel differently but I personally want to focus on other things. I agree with @EvilLucario that it's great that there are a lot of options but you don't have to utilize all of them to get the same amount of enjoyment out of the game.

It's its, not it's.

CroRock

@Tsurii
I don’t completely agree.. I’m founding Morag pretty good tanker with lots of evasion arts and abilities.. she has lower HP then Tora but doing a nice job as tanker if party is well set. I got her few good TNK Blades and she holds really great in longer fights. Tora is great tanker but I didn’t invest almost nothing in Poppy development because playing that arcade game feels like waisting my precious time playing the core game!
That being said, I can say this is imo GOTY and one of top 5 games I ever played. So much to do and so much to explore! I hope Monolithic will be satisfied with sales and keep those Xenoblade games coming.. hoping with same art directions

Edited on by CroRock

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

RR529

Do outside party members still level up even if you don't actively use them? Vandham just joined my party, but I don't feel like shaking up my current team.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Beedrill4Smash

Does any know how to make Nia not be quite possibly one the worst healers I've experienced in a game so I don't have to play as her for some bosses to do a better job at keeping people alive?

Beedrill4Smash

GoldenGamer88

@RR529 I‘m fairly certain they are. I haven‘t used Tora (because you get a much a better tank imho later on in the game) for ages now and he‘s still at the same level as Nia and Rex. Don‘t know if you refuse to level up at the inns, though.

@Beedrill4Smash The AI on Nia (and prob all the other party members) can be so stupid at times when switching Blades. 'Oh gee, my Level 3 Special is ready soon so we can finish that Blade Combo. You know, I‘d really love to switch my Blade so I‘m just gonna do that instead. Wha- a Blade Combo? Why in all of Alrest would we ever need that lol?'. Maybe get rid everybody but Dromarch? Maybe give her only Healers? I don‘t know, I‘ve been playing Nia since the middle of Chapter 4 and have rarely used anybody other than Dromarch with her.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Grumblevolcano

To bring up a topic that was brought up in the main Switch thread, are any of you experiencing button response issues (e.g. A and B buttons during salvaging sequences)? I've tried installing the DLC and update data to the system memory and my controllers work fine in other games so the only conclusion I've come to is that there's issues with the game itself.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Beedrill4Smash

@GoldenGamer88 @Tsurii Yeah, I think giving her a bunch of healers is the best option. It wouldn't be so bad if A)My play style didn't rely on keeping the current tank alive, and B) If I actually wanted to play as Nia.

Beedrill4Smash

kyleforrester87

@Grumblevolcano Yes there is some noticeable input lag through the game, most obvious on the QTE's. As far as salvaging goes the button order doesn't change on each salvaging point so learn it the first time with a basic cylinder and then pre-empt the inputs from there.

kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

@Beedrill4Smash Yeah just give her healers only, and if you don't have three healers just leave her with 1 or 2 healer blades. If you give her attackers and tanks she's liable to get these out during battle.

Also make good use of your hook shot for potions, real life saver.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

GoldenGamer88

@Beedrill4Smash Yeah, I do like playing as Nia (she’s one of my favorites) though, I still only have her use Dromarch. Haven‘t really found a Blade with so many healing Arts as Dromarch. Well, Vess maybe, but she‘s one heck of an eyesore. Seriously, why they let so many different artists do rare Blades, I‘ll never get.

Edited on by GoldenGamer88

Late

I've been alternating between Kora and Nim for healing since I have both of them on Rex. I switch to one of them if Nia's not doing good enough job with Dromarch. Pyra/Mythra's Anchor Shot is great as well.

Also got a new party member. I wish they'd spaced out them more evenly. First you have just Rex, Nia and Tora for half the game and now they gave another driver even though I haven't had much time to use Mòrag.
Got a rare blade for Zeke as well.

Edited on by Late

It's its, not it's.

GoldenGamer88

@Tsurii Hmm ... I did get Ursula unlocked on her this morning, maybe I'll try to unlock some of her affinity tree before advancing. Other than that, all she's got rare Healer wise is Vess, and her I refuse to use (don't know which one's worse, her design or her japanese VA). Plus, Zeke's already got Pandoria and Morag Electra and without Wulfric on Nia, we wouldn't have an Earth element on the team. Even with just Dromarch, I haven't had too much problems and with Ursula onboard, things should go even smoother than before.

Edited on by GoldenGamer88

CroRock

Kora is great healer imo. Have her on Rex and loving ability to heal Rex while moving. Like 350HP each second or so.. it comes very handy when tank dies and Rex get aggro so I resurrect tank and just walk around healing myself till tank build up some agrro and gain full health.
And tbh I didn’t noticed Nias bad AI.. on the contrary, she saved me battle or two.

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

SonOfVon

CroRock wrote:

Kora is great healer imo. Have her on Rex and loving ability to heal Rex while moving. Like 350HP each second or so.. it comes very handy when tank dies and Rex get aggro so I resurrect tank and just walk around healing myself till tank build up some agrro and gain full health.
And tbh I didn’t noticed Nias bad AI.. on the contrary, she saved me battle or two.

how do you like the game so far, would you recommend it? živio pozz

Switch Friend Code: SW 5242 9451 6529 | Nintendo Network ID: SonOfVon
🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread  Discord 

GoldenGamer88

@Tsurii Yeah, I work like that, too, was just thinking I'd like her to have some offensive capabilities when I'm already playing her. Might disengage Wulfric and transfer Floren, an Earth Healer with a Bitball weapon, over from Zeke to Nia.

GoldenGamer88

@Tsurii Now that you mention Wulfric on Rex, I might as well get Boreas over from Zeke instead of Floren and have Wulfric replace Roc. I'mma have to look into their stats and such tomorrow but I might just do this rendition of the team.

Yeah, Adenine ... Don't got her lol.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic