Forums

Topic: Octopath Traveler

Posts 241 to 260 of 628

rallydefault

Bummed to basically get confirmation that the characters never really meaningfully interact. Well... they are definitely trying something different with the story, and some of us were saying that's what we wanted a company to try and do, so fingers crossed.

rallydefault

Kimyonaakuma

@Yorumi Just make sure you don't rush to try and do as much as you can in the demo!

I did that but I completely rushed it trying to complete the first three characters
I'm just starting from the very beginning again, probably with Tressa.

Kimyonaakuma

Kimyonaakuma

@Yorumi Fair enough, I just didn't want people to make the mistake that I did and rush through every character to see more of the game

I'll be looking forward to taking my time tomorrow and properly exploring!

Kimyonaakuma

magnumc500

My switch has that crack by the power button so looks like I'll be sending My switch to the shop.

magnumc500

Switch Friend Code: SW-6617-2568-6974 | 3DS Friend Code: 0576-7126-5273 | Nintendo Network ID: magnumc500

SKTTR

It seems like a game where all characters are so different from each other that the level of enjoyment will vary greatly from player to player. I already seen people picking their favourites and I guess that's what the demo was for: to be able to select the character you're enjoying the most, so you can continue the game with the story that is the most exciting for you when the game is out.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

bixente

Enjoying it so far. Soundtrack is amazing, but then we all knew that. Done a lot of grinding, but the battles are enjoyable.

Friend code

SW-0378-6005-8904

darkfenrir

My package is being shipped right now! Waiting for the driver to pick it up and send it to me, hopefully it arrives tonight haha

darkfenrir

JaxonH

Woke up this morning, checked my Switch and heard that little chime indicating software had finished downloading (and for Captain Toad, of course).

Gotta love that sound. Off to work, but Octopath is coming with me 😀

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Cynas

I ordered mine on Amazon for release day delivery and just found out there was a delay with the carrier. Looks like I'm waiting until Monday.

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

Kimyonaakuma

I've spent my playtime so far recruiting the 8 characters again but it's been even better without the time limit! It's good to see a game live up to the hype.

The path actions are surprisingly more useful than I expected and I'm making a point of talking to everyone when I visit a new town. Cyrus seems to have a better path action than I initially thought, I didn't realise it would let you find valuable items, get discounts and other useful things

Kimyonaakuma

darkfenrir

My copy finally arrives! After updating it I'll play until midnight I think XD

darkfenrir

Cynas

My Nintendo has printable covers for the game case for all 8 characters.

https://t.co/xcm9kB7IIM

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

EvilLucario

That would be cool if I could find a place that can print covers just like that. Ah well.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Kimyonaakuma

They don't seem to be available on the European My Nintendo...

Kimyonaakuma

RayReliable

@Moroboshi876 Just missed out on my lunch hour! Oh well read it Today!

Switch Friend Code: SW-1157-2855-4408
PSN: RayReliable

Kimyonaakuma

@Yorumi Yeah she's able to do a lot more than I initially thought, I do find it strange that she uses arrows and wind magic but to be honest I can't think of a weapon set for a merchant Her skills also seem a little overpowered but I guess most other characters can be just as useful if used correctly.

I'm glad that I picked her as my first character!

Kimyonaakuma

bixente

Therion is great. I feel slightly guilty robbing from children and the elderly... But not too guilty. Bahaha...

Friend code

SW-0378-6005-8904

JaxonH

I just started up the game today and got my save data loaded in from the demo- I had just beat the first big boss in Primrose's Path.

But I'm really really really sucked in to YS VIII right now, and to make matters worse Captain Toad also just released, although I think I'll save that one for short 10 minute burst play sessions on the go.

But I have to work both days this weekend, and that's a huge opportunity for me to get several hours of game time in, especially on Sunday. I'll be playing quite a bit come Sunday.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

RayReliable

Started the game. I am enjoying it so far but finding the multi character aspect a little overwhelming. I don't like having to many options at once as I worry I will forget about something and miss out.

Game looks great and sounds great. Been playing it with by over-the-heads on which are of a good quality and the music is amazing. I also switched it to Japanese so it feels more authentic and also I can read quicker than the spoken dialect so can skip on the text without feeling bad.

Overall good and looking forward to settling into it. Just need to stop stressing at to much to do!

Switch Friend Code: SW-1157-2855-4408
PSN: RayReliable

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic