Forums

Topic: Octopath Traveler

Posts 221 to 240 of 628

Ryu_Niiyama

Welp canceled Amazon so I can snag this at BB asap.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Kimyonaakuma

I played every characters introduction and I didn't find the length or amount of text an issue, but I've never played a Final Fantasy game before so it could be more text heavy compared to the RPGs like that. For some reason most people I speak to count FF as the standard for JRPGs...

Kimyonaakuma

maelis

Can someone confirm that the japanese language is available on europeans cartridge please?
i think it should be inscribed on the back of the box.

thank you

maelis

Maxz

Well, "patients" definitely isn't the right word.

(sorry)

@maelis Yeah, the Nintendo UK website confirms Japanese as a supported language for the game. It might only take effect if your system language is also Japanese, but it should be there. The demo confirms that you'll also be able to have Japanese audio with English text if you wish.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

I actually do agree that JRPGs nowadays can be needlessly long, especially with dialogue. My favorite example is Ni No Kuni, which is filled with 5-10 minute conversations that are 80-90% redundant and boring.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Seacliff

I think modern JRPG writers think more dialogue = more depth. So they push to make sure every character has an opinion regarding something and hope that's enough to flesh out their characters.

Valkyria Revolution was this at it's worst, where the most original opinion anyone had was 'war is bad'.

Seacliff

magnumc500

I want to finish Wolfenstein New Order on XBOX and Bayonetta 1 on switch. I also heard you can start the demo for Octo and pass it to the game. Anything worth doing it for or can I just start the cartridge?

magnumc500

Switch Friend Code: SW-6617-2568-6974 | 3DS Friend Code: 0576-7126-5273 | Nintendo Network ID: magnumc500

darkfenrir

@magnumc500 Not really, it's just 3 hours headstart of the game, just start at the cartridge unless you are super impatient.

darkfenrir

Kimyonaakuma

@magnumc500 At this point I would iust start the full game. I played the demo but felt rushed due to the time limit, might as well start with the full version

Kimyonaakuma

Kimyonaakuma

@darkfenrir Wow it looks even more amazing...

I preordered on the eShop but I don't know if I should start it at midnight or wake up early

Kimyonaakuma

darkfenrir

@Kimyonaakuma I would say wake up early, that way you won't pressure yourself to not have fun because you need to sleep soon XD

darkfenrir

Tibob

I'm a bit surprised we haven't seen a review yet...

Tibob

Kimyonaakuma

@darkfenrir That's a good idea!

@Tibob I doubt most reviewers have finished the game, they're probably just trying to get a general sense of the game and write something before it comes out.

Kimyonaakuma

darkfenrir

I think today or tomorrow we'll see reviews, since right now there's probably some sort of review's embargo going on by SE.

darkfenrir

Grumblevolcano

@Kimyonaakuma Wake up early, not only can your first session last longer but you can't guarantee it'll be available at midnight. I preordered the Mega Man Legacy collections and they weren't playable until like the afternoon of launch day.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Kimyonaakuma

@Grumblevolcano Thanks for letting me know, I just assumed that it would be available instantly

I guess I'll be going to sleep early then...

Kimyonaakuma

magnumc500

@darkfenrir I'll wait for the cartridge, I've had the demo downloaded a while and just never got around to it. I know they said no multiplayer but I'm still excited to see for myself. I hope it does. It's not gonna happen but I'd love an MMO that looked like this.

magnumc500

Switch Friend Code: SW-6617-2568-6974 | 3DS Friend Code: 0576-7126-5273 | Nintendo Network ID: magnumc500

RayReliable

@Tibob Yes I expected to be reading one in my lunch hour today. Not that is matters as I have it preloaded but still I want to read a review.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1157-2855-4408
PSN: RayReliable

Moroboshi876

macapple wrote:

@Tibob Yes I expected to be reading one in my lunch hour today. Not that is matters as I have it preloaded but still I want to read a review.

I've read somwhere that review embargo is lifted in 10 minutes.

Switch code: SW-2291-6286-4620

Nintendo 3DS code: 2879-0476-7598

My Nintendo: Toni | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic