Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 7,841 to 7,860 of 69,954

OorWullie

In an ideal world,Nintendo would make a deal with Sega to get M2 to update as many of their finest arcade and console titles as they can.Add HD,online leaderboards and multiplayer and it'll be perfect.Also in this ideal world,we will see a steady stream of 'Dreamcast Classics Online',Soul Calibur,Powerstone 1 & 2,Ready 2 Rumble 1 & 2 with online at home and link up play on the go.

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹ī¸ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹ī¸

OorWullie

@erv I think the small upgrade fee will only apply to VC and maybe some 1st party Eshop downloads.I'll be surprised if it applies to the Wii U ports/remasters.For Nintendo that's up to 8 million MK8 owners or 5 million Splatoon owners only having to pay a small percentage for the Switch version.There might be a small discount through MyNintendo using points or something if you already own the game on Wii U but it wont be much.Maybe if Wii U VC ever becomes a thing the upgrade fee will apply.

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹ī¸ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹ī¸

skywake

I wonder whether or not Nintendo will recognise the purchase of an NES Classic Mini on the Switch eShop. They did have a My Nintendo card in the box. Not that I really expect them to or care either way. I don't have an NES Mini and I got most of those games via the 3DS Ambassador program anyways. But they could make those NES games available at a discount for people who registered the NES Mini. People did essentially purchase those games digitally just as they did on the Wii, Wii U and 3DS.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Grumblevolcano

@TomJ I think quantity will be limited simply because Nintendo fans in general would rather buy VC games than 3rd party Switch games so by limiting the VC selection maybe it'll allow more purchases of games like Skyrim.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Luna_110

I don't mind the upgrade fee for the VC., no company would let you update from one gen to another for free.
Now, I'll wait to see what the fee is, hopefully is something reasonable.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

GrailUK

Id pay a small fee to play my vc games on the go or at home any day of the week.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

WebHead

@MarcelRguez sounds plausible since laura dale is backing it. i could also see the ezio trilogy being ported for launch window.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Haruki_NLI

@MarcelRguez Plausable but also a very short announcement time...

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

MarcelRguez

@WebHead I don't see why not. They're new games for the Nintendo audience.

@BLP_Software They did say they want to give the series a rest this year, right? That might explain why they haven't said anything about it yet.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Pazzo-TheFool

Nintendo would be stupid to not charge an upgrade fee.

But for Wii U games? Maybe half off, but otherwise? I don't think so.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Shinion

Surprised that the next AC games are being released so soon into next year and we haven't had them officially announced yet. Ubisoft already have a packed Q1 (next Tom Clancy game, For Honour, South Park, Just Dance Switch port and the Mario/Rabbids crossover) so them having this as well just doesn't add up for me. Maybe it's lower budget and not the next main one? Or it's rushed to capitalise on the launch of a new system that Ubisoft have genuine confidence in? But then the main reason they delayed it out of this year was to ensure quality, is an extra few months enough?

Dunno about this one...

Shinion

KirbyTheVampire

The only Assassin's Creed I've ever cared to buy was Black Flag. I hope the new one can change my mind, if it really is coming to Switch.

KirbyTheVampire

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers Ezio collection makes most sense which also works out nicely as the original games never made it onto Nintendo systems in the first place (AC3 was the first AC game on a Nintendo system).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

"I've heard as much on AC release parity, Ubi want day one release."

Does day one actually mean Switch launch day? Or does it mean day one on the Switch compared to the PS4 and Xbox releases? You know; release parity. So it could still release late 2017, it just means that the Switch version won't come after the PS4 and Xbox One versions (like some Wii U games).

Octane

IceClimbers

@Octane I'd assume it means release parity. No way is AC Egypt releasing in March. Ubisoft hasn't formally unveiled the game yet and they have 3 other major releases during Q1 (For Honor, Ghost Recon Wildlands, and South Park).

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

MarcelRguez

@Octane After watching OB-1's video (the source of the article I posted), that's probably the case. He used "day one" in a somewhat weird way ("day one on PS4, day one on XBO and day one on Nintendo Switch"), so I can see why the people reporting on it would be confused.

Regardless of when it comes, release parity is a good thing. OB-1 is planning to release more videos about the info he's got, so stay tuned.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I guess Nintendo doesn't really have a reason to stop Wii U VC until Switch launch then. If they're just doing the upgrade fee approach again they may as well have NA and Europe catch up with each other as well as both getting Smash 64.

If I recall correctly, NA still doesn't have games like Star Fox 64 and Mario Kart 64.

NA is getting MK64 tomorrow.

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic