Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 6,461 to 6,480 of 70,008

Peek-a-boo

rallydefault wrote:

Well, anecdotally, I bought more games for the Wii U than any other console I've ever owned, and that's because the games rocked AND I wanted to support my favorite company. Probably a similar story for many of us.

Nintendo are a business, not your friend. They want your money, not your friendship.

I personally bought the Wii U and at least twelve different games because I just so happen to enjoy playing some of their games, not because I wanted to support a company who will carry on just fine (if I didn't).

There's nothing better than having an open mind when it comes to videogames.

Peek-a-boo

Octane

Couldn't agree more. I'm not going to buy games just to support a company.

Octane

Haruki_NLI

@Peek-a-boo @Octane

Gonna just throw something out here. The use of the word "And". This denotes an additional. In this case, a second pre-requisite for purchases. The primary requisite given was the games appealed to the consumer, the secondary requisite was wanting to support a company. Therefore, in this case, believing they were deserving of custom. You /want/ to give them your custom /because/ the games appealed to him, not one or the other. And with regards to what @Octane said, it wasn't just to support a company, otherwise he wouldn't have had to requisites for giving them money for something he wanted and believed they deserved said money for.

I don't actively say I want to support Sony. I'll never give money to an establishment because they need it, but rather I feel they deserve it and therefore would be deserving of an indication from me, the consumer, that this is appealing content and products to sell to me. As a result, they'll keep doing it nd keeping producing things that I want (Hopefully). In the Sony example I personally have experienced, I bought Ratchet and Clank, not because Sony is something I need to support, but that I wanted to support them producing such a thing, as it was appealing to me, and therefore they were deserving of my custom.

I believe that is the point @rallydefault was aiming to make.

Or you'll just rip me a new one like many do and say I'm talking out my behind. Your choice. I just like rationalising things.

Edited on by Haruki_NLI

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

MarcelRguez

Peek-a-boo wrote:

They want your money, not your friendship.

I don't think he was supporting Nintendo because of an imaginary one-sided friendship, but because of what @BLP_Software mentioned. I get that being anti-corporate is the hip thing nowadays, but it seems you jumped the gun. His statement is perfectly rational.

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Shinion

And now this place has taken another weird angle. Don't know why people should be questioning how/why people spend their money, if Joe Bloggs (not even referring to anyone here just generalising) wants to buy anything/everything that such-and-such a company puts out there then I'd like to think that the best people are the ones who don't try and shame Mr Bloggs. It ain't my problem, it shouldn't be yours and if good ol' Joe specifically says they're happy spending their money this way then I don't get the distaste.

So you're not a 'fanboy' and you have "an open mind".... you want a cookie? Seriously when ever are these "I'm a better gamer than you because such-and-such blah-malarkey" debates ever worth having? Let people do what they want. Yeesh.

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

Azooooz

I want to give you an interesting point I've found. I don't know if it will make a difference, but supposedly, the game cartridges or game card as it's called would reduce the amount of power the Switch needs to run the game. That way, it can prolong the battery life for a bit, unlike using a hard drive or anything that has magnetic or disc spinning mechanism, which needs extra juice to run efficiently. Combining that with Nvidia's recent power-efficient architecture like Pascal, we may see the console hold up between 4-6 hours of gaming. But that's my assumption, so till we hear more info about the console, we'll keep creating these assumptions.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

MumboJumbo

Samurai_Goroh wrote:

I liked very much what I saw of Breath of the Wild, but I'm just not buying a Switch for it. Now if a brand new Super Mario 3D Switch or a new game from Retro is available at the launch window, I'm a happy camper.

Emily Rogers says 3D Mario is practically finished, based on what's she's been hearing for the past few months. It's a lot further along in development than we all think. The chances of a 3D Mario being a day 1 launch title is just as good, if not better than Zelda.

https://twitter.com/ArcadeGirl64/status/794948366228746240

Edited on by MumboJumbo

MumboJumbo

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers I wonder if that means Nintendo is cancelling the Wii U version of BotW.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Azooooz

There was a rumour that Nintendo Switch reveal was going to be on September, but they delayed it to October because Mario Switch game wasn't running well. Can anyone provide us with the link?

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

MumboJumbo

@Azooooz

Mario NX wasn't running perfectly in September, but it is running perfectly now.

MumboJumbo

IceClimbers

The question regarding Zelda is whether it launches in March. The amiibo may not mean anything.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

TuVictus

@TomJ I mean, just based on the three seconds of gameplay we can safely say it's not Galaxy 3. As amazing as that would be, I think we need a change. And as for your last question, new Super Mario Brothers eventually became creatively bankrupt. Either Galaxys levels differed completely from that last. I wouldn't call it fair to even put them in the same league.

TuVictus

IceClimbers

Soooo, are we looking at the possibility of a 3D Mario and Zelda BotW at launch, with enhanced ports of Smash, Mario Kart 8, and Splatoon (and possibly more) and maybe even whatever Retro is working on all in the 1st year?

If true, that's insane. Toss in a MHXX port for Japan and it's even more ridiculous.

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

rallydefault

Peek-a-boo wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

Well, anecdotally, I bought more games for the Wii U than any other console I've ever owned, and that's because the games rocked AND I wanted to support my favorite company. Probably a similar story for many of us.

Nintendo are a business, not your friend. They want your money, not your friendship.

I personally bought the Wii U and at least twelve different games because I just so happen to enjoy playing some of their games, not because I wanted to support a company who will carry on just fine (if I didn't).

There's nothing better than having an open mind when it comes to videogames.

Dude, sorry for my anger, but back the heck off. You know ZERO about me, and I don't appreciate your judgement.

I own all three consoles and a gaming PC that's top-of-the-line. I love gaming.

But Nintendo is my favorite gaming company.

I know they aren't my friend, and I don't need some random guy on the internet to get all high and mighty without knowing an ounce about my thoughts. I'm free to support the companies I want, and the ones I enjoy - I support. I love Nintendo's hardware and their games, therefore I spend WAY more money on them.

Sony this gen, for me=meh. Therefore, they don't get my money right now.
Microsoft="ok," therefore I've thrown some money their way for a few exclusives here and there.

Man, people like you are what ruin forum experiences for so many of us. Just cool your jets before you start chastising someone you don't even know.

@Octane - you're no better than the original guy, though I'm not super surprised because you've jumped all over my comments before. @BLP_Software - thank you for being understanding and actually applying some adult-level intellect to what I typed.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

Haruki_NLI

@rallydefault I do try to rationalise what people say and you were clear that your intent was they are deserving for delivering products. And thats a good thing.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic