Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 5,441 to 5,460 of 70,061

DjLewe78

I love it, that advert was perfect. Skyrim on handheld and a new 3D mario. Thank you Nintendo xxx

1 up !

DefHalan

I need more. All my fears are still there. It seems exactly what was leaked, the only positive was it is showing running Skyrim (I think) and an NBA game which may or may not mean more power, Skyrim did release on 360/PS3 which were weaker than Wii U. Hopefully it will be wasier for 3rd Party developers but so far I am not sold. Also, how is this thing supposed to fit in my pocket??? My Pockets aren't that big.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Joeynator3000

So much for having 3DS games on the TV. T.T

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Shinion

So was that Splatoon 2 do we think? Looked really similar but had a different camera angle for the intro.

Same is true for the Mario game. Different camera angle but looked similar to how 3D World played.

The 2.5D crowd are gonna be whinging tonight! YEAH!!!!!!

Shinion

zitpig

Are you ready to make the Switch?

zitpig

Octane

This looks promising:

Untitled

We will see Nintendo, we will see..

Octane

Late

Now all I need is the price.

Here are the partners:
Untitled

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

TuVictus

I can't let hype blind me for this. I feel like no one is going to care for the tiny controller tiny screen multiplayer on any large scale. The traditional controller looks very rough around the edges, like something from a third party for $10. The guts seem to be in the handheld rather than the dock, so why market it as a home console. Mario NX looks more World esque than galaxy or 64ish. Small glimpse though of course.

Good stuff, an improved gamepad, which is what I wanted. Proper sticks instead of circle pads. Being fun able to play the full game anywhere is gonna be a pretty cool feature. Either sequels or ports of current games. 720p handheld, that's great. Apparently elder scrolls?

TuVictus

FriedSquid

Not so sound contrarian but I'm not impressed, at least not yet. It's a good teaser caused it's supposed to get you excited for the hardware gimmicks, which I fell for with the Wii U and don't want to make that mistake again.

The concept is there; I need to see if Nintendo can utilize it properly. It's also gonna take other important factors, like price, games, and power to convince me to get one since I'm leaning towards PS4 at this point. At the very least, Nintendo has my attention so I will give them that.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Moshugan

OMG OMG OMG what, conflicting feelings! The rumors!?? :000

Also, did BotW have a very low FPS or is it just the promo trailer....

My Super Mario Maker 2's Maker ID: R7B-M93-5GF

Nintendo Network ID: Moshugan

Blue_Blur

Did anyone else notice King Boo in Mario Kart 8?

That new Mario game also looks amazing! I'm glad it isn't 2D, and the level environments look new and creative! I just hope Luigi is playable, as well!

Very happy with the reveal!

Edited on by Blue_Blur

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Octane

@Operative I have to agree, I can't see myself using those tiny controllers (Joycons(?)) on their own.

Octane

dtjive

Untitled

SMD is gonna be great entertainment in the coming weeks

dtjive

Late

Nintendo Force's twitter feed is full of information. Controller names etc.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

TuVictus

Also, don't get fooled by the usual "look at all the third parties supporting us!". We all know that's how they introduced the wii u. They still have a whole lot to prove with this thing.

TuVictus

ianl579

Yeah, I agree. From what we've seen it looks good, but Nintendo has to nail pricing, battery life, ease of use, online, the UI... I am optimistic however.

"You feel it? Fawful is also feeling it! I am needing to feel it even more, though!" - The magnificent Fawful

Octane

Operative wrote:

Also, don't get fooled by the usual "look at all the third parties supporting us!". We all know that's how they introduced the wii u. They still have a whole lot to prove with this thing.

Indeed.

More importantly, I want to know what the battery life is, storage capacity and price. I would also like to know whether the triggers are analog or not.

I guess we'll learn more in the coming months.

Third party support looks promising, but that doesn't guarantee anything. I really wonder why they pulled all the resources from the Wii U too. Zelda is a port of the Wii U game, Mario reuses most assets from 3D World. Splatoon and Mario Kart look like straight up ports, with some additional content. Not to be a party pooper, but it's true. I hope we get to see original games like Pikmin 4, Retro's game and more when we get closer to launch.

Nevertheless, it all looks promising, but it depends on a few key things whether this will truely be an amazing console, or whether it's going to be a Wii U 2.0.

Octane

skywake

I like how in the end Eurogamer was basically correct word for word. The fallout from this is going to be fantastic.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic